• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Beautifly vs. Dustox

Takaki

Dark Soul
Reaction score
I would vote for Dustox because it looks a bit different in design to other bugs, but it is really lame in the anime and the rise of Volcorana has made me generally hate moths.

Gothic_Geekk89

Reaction score
Beautifly. It's way cuter and even though it sucks as a battler, it's great for contests; I use it for beauty contests in Emerald.

mwetwe

The Fire type :)
Reaction score
You see both of them paired up for double battles alot in double battles and They both actually have very opposing move sets. I do prefer the move sets and appearance of dustox. It has moves such as Moonlight which I like.

dig

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓ด้้้้้็็็็็้้
Reaction score
Neither are that great ingame or otherwise. But I chose Beautifly because it has a pretty name and is a little cuter than Dustox.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm, both are bad for me. Beautifly gets my vote though, because of it's hidden ability Rivalry. A Quiver Dance + Rivalry boosted Bug Buzz could do a good deal of damage.

Bellossom

Reaction score
Dustox. One of the few Pokemon capable of making Jessie feel sorrow...you know it has to be amazing :)

Shiny Celebi

Phantom Thief
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any. Not picky
I like Dustox more than Beautifly, sure, Beautifly is cute/pretty but I find Dustox more unique and cool looking, I like it's wings more.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Neither, as Dustox is ugly and can't hit hard and has no use for Compoundeyes, and Beautifly is boring, and I like Vivillon and even Butterfree better.

Reaction score
Beautifly mainly cause I like butterflies. I don't really like moths, but Dustox is okay, though it's not even my favorite moth Pokemon (that goes to Frosmoth).