• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Because of vandalism?

Impoleon xy

Reaction score
I find myself unable to edit Bulbapedia because "administrators are in bed". Why is this bad? Why are so many user names created? When will normal editing resume?

Last edited:
I've seen this vandalism ever since it started, and boy is this guy insane. Normal people would have gotten bored by now. I've also heard he vandalized Wikipedia as well. Is there any way to find his ISP and contact it? That's my suggestion on how to deal with it.

I've seen this vandalism ever since it started, and boy is this guy insane. Normal people would have gotten bored by now. I've also heard he vandalized Wikipedia as well. Is there any way to find his ISP and contact it? That's my suggestion on how to deal with it.

Well, he is obviously using a proxy otherwise the administrators would have been able to block him by now. There are ways to prevent proxy vandals, for example, vBulletin has a modification that can be added to it that detects proxies and blocks their access to the boards. I've never administered a wiki, so I'm not sure if their are any similar add-ins like that which can be used, however, the individuals will get bored after a while, I'm sure.

EDIT: Also, this is my first post here. Hello everyone :)

Welcome Great Snorlax. And yes, this guy is a real asshole. He makes accounts that insult the admins. (e.g. Maverick Nate is a serial rapist, Kenji-girl's vagina is soaking wet after contact with Grawp's massive cock, and SKETCH'S ANUS IS WIDENED BY GRAWP'S MASSIVE COCK, and so on...) and he's just being a total asshole.

Well, I'm just glad to see that the server is unlocked. Let's just hope it never comes to this again. :blush:

It'll probably happen again in two years. But for now, let's just relax.
Did I mention that one of the billion socks the little ass created was "Alpha Totodile is a fucking furfag"?

He's not slowing down. However, we essentially have it under control, since we can block his accounts faster than he can create them. Late at night, we'll probably lock the database since few administrators are online, but we'll reopen it early in the morning and keep it unlocked through the day, unless the problem gets really bad. We're doing all we can, so bear with us.\

And yes, Grawp did vandalize Wikipedia. Along with a host of other wikis. He's pretty notorious, actually, for a lonely kid sitting in his basement.

And yes, Grawp did vandalize Wikipedia. Along with a host of other wikis. He's pretty notorious, actually, for a lonely kid sitting in his basement.

hehe...i though he was just projecting his current situation onto your guys. and what's wrong sitting in the basement all day?

He's not slowing down. However, we essentially have it under control, since we can block his accounts faster than he can create them. Late at night, we'll probably lock the database since few administrators are online, but we'll reopen it early in the morning and keep it unlocked through the day, unless the problem gets really bad. We're doing all we can, so bear with us.\

well, if he DARES to vandalize Final fantasy wiki, i'll kick his ass

Surprised he never insulted me. However, by looking at the names, it is definitely Grawp. I just thought: possibly Grawp is related to Poryhack and Fenzo666?

Welcome Great Snorlax. And yes, this guy is a real asshole. He makes accounts that insult the admins. (e.g. Maverick Nate is a serial rapist, Kenji-girl's vagina is soaking wet after contact with Grawp's massive cock, and SKETCH'S ANUS IS WIDENED BY GRAWP'S MASSIVE COCK, and so on...) and he's just being a total asshole.

He could at least make more creative names like Ph34r did...:pP

I really don't want to see those accounts in recent changes anymore; they're pretty disgusting, so maybe they're illegal as well. If he decides to stay in his basement and harass the entire wiki, reporting him to the authorities would work mighty well. ;-)

Sounds like something a "friend" of mine would do. He drove by a bookstore at the Midnight Release of Harry Potter #6 and screamed, "Snape kills Dumbledore!." And then he cited the page number.

Y'know, maybe it WOULD be a good idea to temporarily stop new users from registering, as well as placing a message on the main page explaining why, so the good people who actually want to contribute to Bulbapedia understand the situation. Best course of action I can think of, anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom