• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bedtime/sleep routine

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
What do you all do before going to bed? Any tricks to relax faster?

I have tried using a sleep mask but it is kinda uncomfortable on my face with all the humidity. Blue light is also a problem, thankfully most devices have a night mode they makes everything more yellow toned.

Lately I've been listening to ASMR and nature sounds to try and help me sleep. It works better than most other tricks I've tried, though I hate having the earphones in my ears as I sleep since they kind of hurt when in my ears for too long lol. Sometimes I'll read a book before going to listen to my ASMR/nature sounds, then sleep. Though sometimes I have nights where nothing really works, so I'm either awake on my phone watching anime or playing a game console and wait until my eyes/body feel tired.

I used to try sleep masks, but they feel weird on my face and never really made me fall asleep faster. Plus, I didn't like that it feels like it rubs off/dries off my face cream around the eye area, making it feel weird/gross the next morning.

I use a sleep bandana with flat earplugs inside and then set on rain sounds. For extra effects, I lower the phone's brightness to minimum just in case the bandana is a bit displaced.

some sort of white noise has to be going on before i sleep. mostly it's been my a/c and my fan, but that's about it as far as my sleep routine goes. sometimes i browse the internet on my phone before bed just so i can read stuff to get me more tired.

With Pokémon Sleep released, I started tracking my sleeping patterns far more consciously, and apparently they are more of a mess than I would like to admit :(

I used to use my phone in bed right up until sleeping but changed that a few months ago to help me sleep better, nowadays I put my phone down at midnight or so and spend 30-40 minutes reading before going to sleep. Not sure it's helped massively much as far as falling asleep goes but I definitely feel better mentally since doing it. Reading is incredibly enjoyable!

So for the past few days I have accidentally switched back to biphasic. Not having coffee helped with sleeping, even though it gave me some annoying headaches, but I had painkillers for that. Sleep deprivation was more of a problem lately, I think I am finally getting it back in line. Not sure for how long though, it has been unstable for a long while.

I usually get around 8 hours of sleep. I think what helps is that I make sure to exercise a little everyday, get some sunlight outdoors and eat enough calories. Sometimes if I'm too awake to fall asleep I'll meditate and take melatonin, which also seems to help... along with trying to fall asleep at a consistent time every night. I also find nice warm showers before bed helpful at times.

I just pass out, it's really easy to for me for some reason. But if I want to heighten my sleep experience a little more, I put on some rainforest sounds or relaxing VGM.

or like lissi i lay in bed until some hour in the morning before passing out

I tend to go to bed at 10 PM after brushing my teeth and doing my journal entry, but more often as of late I've been falling asleep on the floor before completing either of those things.

I feel like now that I joined forums I actually have something to do while falling asleep instead of lying my bed for about an hour while I try to sleep

I used to get these weird things that made it hard for me to sleep like. Just a weird taste in my mouth then almost overwhelming thoughts that are more like dreams while I’m basically still awake? Idk I hated them but they’re basically gone now. And it only happened sometimes and I have no clue how to describe it. Sorry if that’s off topic for this thread-

Back
Top Bottom