• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ben Bernanke confirmed for second term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
Looks like Bernanke was too big to fail. :B (I didn't make that joke up, I wish I had). After all the storm und drang, the confirmation was 70-30, easily breaking a filibuster (the cloture vote was 77-23). Here's a graphical interface showing how the senators voted:

http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/111/senate/2/16

TBH, I don't think there was a reasonable alternative here. Obama would never have appointed a true inflation hawk (which is what we need), so it's just as well that we get continuity out of it.

Paul Volker again? Is that what you wanted? XD [I WAS going to post this up, but really had second thoughts of flooding this place with threads. D:]

Anyways, I'm more than happy to support him. There really wasn't another alternative. :/

Sadly, I tack to the idea that his study of the Depression is what we need at this time.

• Staff
Volcker would have been fine, but I doubt he wants the job again. I'm fine with him being an adviser to Obama (especially seeing as Volcker's influence seems to be on the upswing lately). That said, liberals were clamoring for a replacement who would use the Fed to assist liberal social policy, which is something I can't even stand the thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom