Berry Flavors?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Oshawoot52, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Oshawoot52

Oshawoot52 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering what all the different berries' flavors would be for a project I'm working on. Not a flavor chart, but the actual flavors of berries. I want to know what they taste like. They can be educated guesses or your own theory. Thank you!:)

2. PinkIceFox

PinkIceFox PinkIceTales!

Blog Posts:
    I think the best way to figure out what a berry would taste like is to compare them to the fruits they're based on! Bulbapedia does have those references on the pages for berries and stuff.

Like Oran berries would taste like Oranges and Cheri berries would taste like Cherries. Pecha -> Peach, Nanaba -> Banana. Stuff like that!

Would probably even be fun to look up what they're based on and buy some to try yourself if you've never had one of them before. Man if I had some money I would totally do that.

3. Oshawoot52

Oshawoot52 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for your help!:)
    I looked at the Page on Bulbapedia, but it didn't have what I wanted. It listed the berries under spicy, bitter, sweet, and sour. Not what they tasted like, though I can understand why I should think of them as the fruit they were based on. I have heard on some of the fanfics that cheri berries have a distinct sour flavor, and Oran are depicted as sweet. I thought the Oran berry would taste like a plum crossed with a blueberry, since that's what it looks like. I was planning on doing a kitchen project, where I would make a food from the Pokémon world using the particular flavors of each berries as a staple. After some thought, I knew it was going to take a HUGE amount of effort, so I decided against it. I might find something else to do, however.

4. PinkIceFox

PinkIceFox PinkIceTales!

Blog Posts:
    I always saw an oran berry as a blue orange. Though mixing flavors a bit to make them different from the fruits they're based on is actually a pretty cool idea. Oran berries tasting like a mix of orange and blueberry would be great considering oran berries are smaller than most oranges. Like a strong citrus taste with some blueberry undertones.

5. Drakon

Drakon Requiem Raver

Blog Posts:
    Rawst berries I pictured as tasting like aspirin...absolute nearly unbearable bitterness.

Aspear berries are probably like one of the breeds of Asian pears that I grow, very tart and juicy with a mild generic sweetness.

Cheri berries likely taste like...well cherries but without the slight almond note that cherries have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.