• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Berry Flavors?

Oshawoot52

Reaction score
I was wondering what all the different berries' flavors would be for a project I'm working on. Not a flavor chart, but the actual flavors of berries. I want to know what they taste like. They can be educated guesses or your own theory. Thank you!:)

I think the best way to figure out what a berry would taste like is to compare them to the fruits they're based on! Bulbapedia does have those references on the pages for berries and stuff.

Like Oran berries would taste like Oranges and Cheri berries would taste like Cherries. Pecha -> Peach, Nanaba -> Banana. Stuff like that!

Would probably even be fun to look up what they're based on and buy some to try yourself if you've never had one of them before. Man if I had some money I would totally do that.

Thank you for your help!:)
I looked at the Page on Bulbapedia, but it didn't have what I wanted. It listed the berries under spicy, bitter, sweet, and sour. Not what they tasted like, though I can understand why I should think of them as the fruit they were based on. I have heard on some of the fanfics that cheri berries have a distinct sour flavor, and Oran are depicted as sweet. I thought the Oran berry would taste like a plum crossed with a blueberry, since that's what it looks like. I was planning on doing a kitchen project, where I would make a food from the Pokémon world using the particular flavors of each berries as a staple. After some thought, I knew it was going to take a HUGE amount of effort, so I decided against it. I might find something else to do, however.

I always saw an oran berry as a blue orange. Though mixing flavors a bit to make them different from the fruits they're based on is actually a pretty cool idea. Oran berries tasting like a mix of orange and blueberry would be great considering oran berries are smaller than most oranges. Like a strong citrus taste with some blueberry undertones.

Rawst berries I pictured as tasting like aspirin...absolute nearly unbearable bitterness.

Aspear berries are probably like one of the breeds of Asian pears that I grow, very tart and juicy with a mild generic sweetness.

Cheri berries likely taste like...well cherries but without the slight almond note that cherries have.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom