• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best 3D Pokémon game?

In your opinion, what is the best 3D(Gens 6-8) Pokémon game?

• Total voters
XY, SM, and SwSh all have a very strong sense of vision and good direction, but are each stuck with their own particular faults of... mild severity, which isn’t enough to stop me from loving them, but it does prevent me from handing this award to any of them when ORAS is on the ballot. That game to me is the most well-rounded, feature-rich, and thematically developed 3D entry thus far.

I like USUM and LGPE as well, but they’re more mid-tier entries in my opinion.

I always enjoy these kinds of polls!

1. Sword and Shield
I've already spoken at length on this forum about why Sword and Shield are my #1 favourite Pokemon games, but to summarise: the stadium battles are spectacular, the Wild Areas are breathtaking, and the UK has been faithfully re-created to a fault. As a British Pokemon fan, I couldn't have been more satisfied.

2. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Were it not for my UK bias giving Sword and Shield a little leg-up, I probably would have chosen these beauties. The improvements made to the already-amazing Hoenn region, combined with the Delta Episode and the incredible Soaring feature, make for a near-perfect experience.

3. Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!
These games are really underrated in my view. I enjoy them so much more than RBY and FRLG. They have the most polished and colourful graphics out of all the 3D games so far, and I find the alternative catching method a lot more fun and addictive than the traditional method. I love galloping around on Rapidash and soaring over the tops of trees and buildings on Aerodactyl.

4/5. X and Y / Sun and Moon
I can't decide which of these games I like more. X and Y's stunningly beautiful Kalos region (one of my favourite regions geographically-speaking) stands out to me, as does Sun and Moon's excellent storyline: the heart-wrenching finale gets me every single time.

6. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
I had hours of fun with Ultra Warp Ride and Mantine Surf, and I love the Ultra Recon Squad. But the revised storyline lacks the emotional impact of the original. This, coupled with the annoying Rotom Dex and Festival Plaza tutorials, make USUM the slightly inferior Alola experience in my opinion.

Last edited:
Gotta give it to SWSH, absolutely love these games. Love the region, the Wild Area is pretty great for their first time doing it, the roaming Pokemon and their different reactions to you, the characters, the legendaries and Pokemon are some of my favorite. Just the overall atmosphere. The DLC also added even more great places to roam around. Also love playing Max Raids online. The QoL improvements are also a huge plus.

If I could pick two though I would pick ORAS. Love Hoenn and I feel ORAS did the originals so much justice. Soaring is great, secret bases are always fun, the story is pretty good and Gen 3 may be my favorite Pokemon-wise besides maybe Gen 8. ORAS and SWSH are both the easiest games for me to just pick up and enjoy.

Probably worth noting that I actually love all the 3D games though, not a single one I really dislike on here, though I have some problems with some of them.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom