• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best and Worst Pokemon In Gen 4?

Best=? I like pretty much all I don't hate ^^
Worst:
Gallade: just f*ck him
Frosslass: Couldn't they just gave Glalie an evolution instead? T.T
Broznong: Stupid overused pokémon...

And what do you have against Purugly and Bidoof? Purugly is very funny if you once had a fat cat yourself, and Bidoof,just play mystery dungeon 2 and you'll like him (just like me)

Best: Garchomp (chomp chomplol) and Luxray
Worst: Rotom(in my opinion)

Rotom, whated til night to catch this? o_O

i agree with wiil. Arceus is the best along with darkrai.

Other favourites:Garchomp,Infernape,Mamoswine,Dialga,Magnezone,Rhyperior and Honchkrow (that hat is awesome)

Worst: Chatot, Pachirisu,Bidoof,Purugly (that name suits that thing)

this is based on just my preference so basically if its pretty its even better than an ugly good battler.

best: Rotom (its SOOOO cute! :) )
worst: Chatot (ive never seen the point in it....)

I only found the point of Chatot was to swear, insult, and mess with people when it talks fast, after you record something to it lol

I only found the point of Chatot was to swear, insult, and mess with people when it talks fast, after you record something to it lol

Thats why it sounds muffled when you record something with its chatter, so you can't hear clearly any potential swears.

My favourite of Gen IV (from what I can remember):

Froslas
Gallade
All Starters
Bronzor
Spiritomb
Mismeagus
Skorpi/Drapion
Shinx line
Chatot
Bonsly
Happiny
Rhyperior
Burmy/Wormadam
Shellos but not gastrodoon
Clefa
Carnivine
Mime Jr

Bidoof is one of the worst Pokemon in the Sinnoh games but it's actually pretty useful in Ranger

Crush Lv 1? Not very useful.

Now Magneton is useful.

lol true....I hate bidoof, just some ugly beaver who proves to be a waste of a pokeball

Best: Staraptor, it looks cool, is fast and powerful, gets Close Combat to deal with annoying Steel- and Rock-type opponents, as well as powerful STAB attacks in Brave Bird and Double-Edge.
Worst: Lumineon. Not only does it have awful stats and shallow movepool, it also looks uninspired and has an annoying cry.

The one I like the most is Empoleon, which probably also ranks as my favourite Steel type Pokémon overall. Unique type combo, great stats, royal/divine appearence and the idea of a metallic penguin is just downright enchanting to me.

For me, the best one is easily Torterra. Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Roserade, the Eeveelutions, and Giratina are also up there, but Torterra is top dog.

There are a plethora of Pokémon I could dub the worst. Wormadam, Male Combee, Probopass, Bidoof, etc. But the Gen IV Pokemon i viscerally dislike is actually Infernape.

Best
For entirely new Pokemon, Drapion: These guys are so cute. I love using them in battle, too - they have great typing and fun movepools. Second place would be Skuntank, with East Gastrodon as my boy.

For cross-gen evos: Togekiss: Great type combo, great look, and a great finale to one of my favorite Pokemon lines. It's also incredibly fun to use in battle, with a ton of ways to use it. i just wish it was faster. Honorable mentions include Gliscor, Roserade, Rhyperior, and Lickilicky.

Worst
Lucario:
I can forgive it for being overrated furbait. I can forgive it for kickstarting the shillmon trend. I can forgive it for being forced down our throats since its inception. I can forgive it for constantly taking up Dex space every generation now. What I can't forgive is its ugliness. Holy fuck, is this thing a bad dog.

Shinx: I just hate its doofy stare so much.

For cross-gens, easily Weavile: It's such a boring, lame sequel to Sneasel. I hate how it looks. Dishonorable mentions to Ambipom, though. Little bastard stole Cinccino's gimmick.

I love Gen 4 so much I can't choose a best pokemon. I will mention some of my favorites: Lucario obviously, all 3 starters, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Hippopotas, Toxicroak, Stunky, Drapion, Rotom, Giratina, Snover, Cherrim, Yanmega, Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Driflim, Mismagius, blue Gastodon oops I think I am forgetting many others

Worse: I am not fond of Lickilicky, Magmortar and Electivire. I don't hate them or anything I just don't find them as cool/cute as the others.

Best: Lucario, Cresselia, the Eeveelutions (bonus points for saving Leafeon from the Spaceworld demo), Empoleon, Luxray.

Worst: Bronzor line (annoying to deal with), Tangrowth (doesn't help that the Spaceworld demo showed us a better alternative).

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom