• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalGlacia

wants Chain of Memories!
Reaction score
Well, there's a worst anime thread, so I made a best anime thread!

It's the same rules as on the other thread, but don't whine if someone says that their favorite is your worst. And of course, no flaming.

Glacia's Top Three Anime List! (in no particular order)

Darker than Black
I will admit that the ending was rather inconclusive, but it's topped my list. The art is beautiful, the characters were finely crafted, and the themes are awesome. So is the English trailer. (Note: it's up on Youtube too, but it's in HD here.)

Air
Okay...where to begin? First off, the art is absolutely gorgeous. The themes and music all sound very dreamy and calm. The story was well-made and thought out, but it's very melancholic. Expect to cry while you're watching it. And the fact that it was made by Key Animation just tops it all off.

Lucky Star
Whee! The art style is so simple and adorable, Konata's hilarious, and Lucky Channel has got to be the best omake ever. English dub sucks, though.

Last edited:
I have more, but I'll post only a few at the moment.

Ranma 1/2

One of the most hilarious animes I've ever seen. I love the basic plot of the show; Thanks to a magical spring, a boy turns into a girl when splashed with cold water, and his hope for a normal life becomes moot, especially since he's engaged to, like four different people, and how numerous people of both genders have crushes on him/her. The character's are so easy to fall in love with, whether they're long time or one shots, like Ryoga, how he can't go anywhere without getting lost, even if his life depended on it.Also, Pchan is just so adorable.

Code Geass

I'm not usually a fan of mecha anime, but Code Geass is the exception. The music is catchy, the story is intresting, and the numerous Geasses are interesting. Makes me wish I had one. That fact that he's willing to rebel against a whole entire nation for the well being of his sister, is also kinda sweet.

I was always on the edge of my seat watching Death Note. One of the reasons I loved it was because it wasn't predictable at all. You never knew what Light had up his sleeve.

Bebop of course is a classic, as is Rurouni Kenshin.

I cried to Fruits Basket and Eureka 7 lol.

FMA and GITS are great too.

I don't actually watch many anime, so I'll just list the ones I do. I love them all. ^_^
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Galaxy Angel (except Galaxy Angel S =/)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Lucky Star

You all are going to kill me, but I will say it anyway.

I think that Naruto is pretty darn good.

I also love Sailor Moon and Bleach though.

Naruto rocks, but, really, imo the best Anime is Death Note. It's just chock full of awesomeness. Seriously.

*cue Latin chanting* Light had to eat the potato chip. He was the only one who could eat the the potato chip! Who else could have eaten the potato chip and kept on going?! *maniacal laughter*

I haven't exactly watched a whole lot of shows in my time (compared to other people), but these are what I would consider some of the best of what I have seen:

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
:peace:
Its basically about a Japanese middle/high school kid living a really boring life until he meets a guitarist who changes that and to make a long story short, they end up forming a rock band. The show follows the first half of the manga on the bands quest to try and get out of the Japanese underground and into America, while making some powerful enemies in the music business. Not a ton of action in this one, but the gripping story really keeps you wanting more. There are tons of great musical references, if you are a fan of rock in general, this is a good one for you. Beck is probably my favorite anime of all time.

Haibane Renmei :angel:
Where to begin with this one... this is a really deep and mysterious show. The story follows a girl who basically falls from the sky and is born in a new world as a Haibane, (Haibane have a halo and wings and look like a traditional angel) Haibane all fall from the sky and once they hit the ground they form as cocoons and shortly after, are born. Rakka, (the main character) can't remember anything from here past and the story basically follows here on here quest for answers, why is she here? Why can't she remember here past, etc. There is way to much to explain in this show, it will keep you wanting more and more answers, and my short summary doesn't do it justice. If you haven't watched Haibane Renmei, do yourself a favor and make some time to do so!

Monster :devil:
Another show that is hard to explain, so I'll keep it brief. This was an amazing manga, it was then turned into an equally amazing anime. The story follows a Dr., (Dr. Tenma) who is a prodigious surgeon. One night he ends up saving a kids life who turns out to be one messed up SOB, to make a long story short, years later, after he realizes who the boy he saved all those years ago is, he decides he has to take responsibility, and kill the person he saved all those years ago. This is a horrible summary but its another you really need to watch.

So yeah, those are probably my top 3 lesser known/ slightly lesser known animes. (I'm also a really huge Bleach fan, but most people already watch that one xD)

Everyone will hate me for saying this but...

Naruto is a great anime and i know everyone but me hates it..

Death Note is always fun to watch.!

I can't think of any other decent ones in my opinion...

I have more, but I'll post only a few at the moment.

Ranma 1/2

One of the most hilarious animes I've ever seen. I love the basic plot of the show; Thanks to a magical spring, a boy turns into a girl when splashed with cold water, and his hope for a normal life becomes moot, especially since he's engaged to, like four different people, and how numerous people of both genders have crushes on him/her. The character's are so easy to fall in love with, whether they're long time or one shots, like Ryoga, how he can't go anywhere without getting lost, even if his life depended on it.Also, Pchan is just so adorable.

I like the movie. I also like Black Cat,Bleach and Inuyasha.

Last edited:
My top three are:

1. Bleach. Even though I'm only watching the English dub, I still think it's seriously awesome.

2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Because it has three of my favorite things: robots, explosions, and fanservice.

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Nagato Yuki FTW!

I'm a fan of many shonen anime, but some of my favorites would be One Piece, Death Note, Gurren Lagann, Bleach, and Buso Renkin.

My Top 4 are
1.Sailor Moon-Awesome show
2.Pokemon-BEST SHOW lol
3.Digimon-See #1
4.PPGZ-Fan of the Orignal Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom