• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best “Brock gets rejected” moment

Best "girl blocker" that keep Brock in check

• May

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Misty

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Ash

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Max

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Crogunk

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • He did enough damage on his own whether or not he got dragged away

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Random Pokemon or characters

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
Croagunk, hands down! That was the funniest thing, watching Brock get pulled away by his poisonous frog.

I also really like Max pulling Brock away by his ear, that was pretty darn funny.

Apologies for bumping this thread, but i noticed i never posted here and since this subject intrigues me alot i would like to share my thoughts on it as well.

After doing rewatch of past sagas where Brock was still main character i came to conclusion how Misty in my opinion did best job in keeping Brock hormones under control.

I mean sure Max had some funny and cleverly outlined lines.

Croagunk was pretty good too with his sinister, twiting side liking to apply painful poison jabs at brock. Finding it amusing and having weird habit in appearing out of nowhere. Much to Brock fear with time being able to sense Croagunk and knowing his attempts in seducing girls will result with pain and embarassment from his own pokemon.

But Misty had that sarcastic, humorous and ardent string in herself whenever she sensed how Brock is preparing to get into "action".

There were all kinds of hilarious, ,memorable moments when she didn't just pulled him out by ear(most violent one and impacting interestingly enough happened in Hoenn when Brock flirted with princess Sarah followed with irritated face which left strong influence on Max).

But also pulling out Brock by nose, his leg, collar. Backed with smirking remarks, scolding and funny, natural lines. Such as "thats enough love for today Romeo", "Love is maybe blind, but your hopeless case", "How about i take care of you instead her?" and many others to list them in here.

What made Misty interplay with Brock even more meaningful for me regarding his obsession over girls is strength of their relationship as friends with Brock attempts to win over girl heart and Misty interventons not just staying on running gag.

Not at all. There also existed foreplay in quite a few cases with Misty having talk with Brock stopping him before even making first move when other more important things were going around(like stopping Team Rocket, battling villains and pokemon thieves, dealing with enraged pokemon such as Zapdos, Alakazam, Tyranitar etc. Coming up with annoyed, sarcastic voice, "are girls only thing you have on your mind?"

"Dont you dare to even think of it now!".
Preventing Brock to either make fool of himself or get himself in unnecessary trouble.

Teasing him how he cannot truly understand women feelings because he is man. Or dragging him out in side room or bush talking about romance and his love issues and why his intrusive approach doesnt work.

Followed with Brock actually not staying indebted to her using that same strategy Misty used on him in dragging her out when her flirty, solicit side came into play(like in wanting to become assistant of doctor researching fossil of extinct water pokemon or thnking only of catching Corsola rather than helping family in finding other members of specie).

Because of those reasons im choosing Misty as best person in keeping Brock licentious side under control. Not because she is classic starting whole tradition.

But because between Misty and Brock there existed interchangeable flow, many meaningful moments revolved around his interest toward girls which didnt just stayed on same old repeated gags. But in enjoyable interactions, advices and awkward uncomfortable for both scenes packed with enticement, ardor and cynical but in clever, appropriate way dynamic.
With Brock being dragged of only serving as extention to this imo.

The times it DIDN'T end with some tired running gag (Kanto, Early Johto, most of the Fist Half of AG, before he got that damn frog in Sinnoh)

Last edited:
When he discovers the girl in question either has a boyfriend or a husband, such as Nurse Joy and her family in that Drifloon episode.

Back
Top Bottom