• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best “Brock gets rejected” moment

Best "girl blocker" that keep Brock in check

• May

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Misty

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Ash

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Max

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Crogunk

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • He did enough damage on his own whether or not he got dragged away

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Random Pokemon or characters

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
I found it funny when on one episode (I don't remember which) he walked in to a Pokemon center, and a Nurse Joy was there.
At first, Brock went crazy over her. Then, he looks over to her hand and she has a marrage ring. He shouts, "Game over!" and frowns.
XD

One of my favorite moments was when he met Holly, his tag-team partner in the Hearthome tag battle. I found it hilarious when she rejects Brock by saying she isn't interested in younger men. It's also funny that later she seems to develop some feelings for him, even though she rejected him at first.

How about in "Make Room For Gloom" when he thought Florinda was falling in love with him, but she really confessed her love for Potter.

BROCK: Rejected by the one girl I love! I'll never meet a girl like her again!

Ash: Cheer up, Brock. You'll find plenty of other girls to reject you.

ROTFLOL!

I know that scene was hilarious and who knew Ash was a psychic and could see into the future? Brock got rejected by 100s of girls after that moment lol Yeah, it was kind of sad though I thought for sure that the end scene was actually between him and the girl but it was a show stopper when she was really talking to Potter!

I found it funny when on one episode (I don't remember which) he walked in to a Pokemon center, and a Nurse Joy was there.
At first, Brock went crazy over her. Then, he looks over to her hand and she has a marrage ring. He shouts, "Game over!" and frowns.
XD

I think it was Drifloon on the Wind from the first season of DP, that was funny but it did show a side of Brock; a side that knows that he should not overstep his boundaries lol either for a girl that is married, is in a relationship or is falling for someone else (you know if he ever realizes it before the end of an episode).

One of my favorite moments was when he met Holly, his tag-team partner in the Hearthome tag battle. I found it hilarious when she rejects Brock by saying she isn't interested in younger men. It's also funny that later she seems to develop some feelings for him, even though she rejected him at first.

Yeah and the way Crogunk just stopped Poison Jab and then after the first battle when Brock says "You're a sensation!" and grabs her hands but lets go and says sorry, she grabs his hands back and shows affection. The scene goes down near her feet to show Crogunk just sitting there calmly. Showing that if a girl returns his affections Crogunk is alright with it lol

I'd say Croagunk, since it's his own Pokemon that's turning on his advances. XD
I have to wonder, though...why was Max the one doing it in the Advanced sagas? I thought May would be more of the type.

I really liked when Solidad rejected him. "I'm sorry but I'd like to talk to Drew right now, maybe later." And i really like croagunk when it comes to pulling people away

I'd say Croagunk, since it's his own Pokemon that's turning on his advances. XD
I have to wonder, though...why was Max the one doing it in the Advanced sagas? I thought May would be more of the type.

Max had to justify his presence somehow.

Plus it's usually some form of sidekick that does it. Brock gets poison jabbed/dragged away, the more important characters, at least in the writers mind, (Ash in OS, Ash and May in AG, Ash and Dawn in DP) would get to have a nice little chat with the girl before he revives. At least, from what I recall that was often the case.

My favorite "Brock gets rejected" moment has to be the most unique one of them all.

In Top-Down Training!, before Cynthia decided to heal Paul's pokemon after they lost to her Garchomp, Brock offered to help her out in a flirtatious manner. Croagunk was immediately sent out to calm Brock down, but Cynthia simply smiled at both characters. Croagunk began to blush and cancelled his Poison Jab attack. Croagunk then looked the other way as he slowly inflates and deflates his cheeks.

It was refreshing that this otherwise comic relief moment was treated so mildly.

Croagunk, hands down. While many say DP was where Brock was at his lowest, I just respectfully disagree because I never got tired of seeing Croagunk ruthlessly Poison Jab him in his junk or up his ass. That was just golden; there is no debate to be had here.

... So I'm a sadist, sue me.

... er, individually, I liked Holly's "rejection" the best. That was like the closest Brock ever got to scoring. It was delicious seeing his depression and despair.

So I'm a MEGA-sadist.

Croagunk
I do not have a favorite rejection, but I do find it funny the fact that croagunk even does it I mean why does he takes it apon himself to protect the girls from him or maybe it's the other way around? Anyway every time he does it makes me giggle.

One would have to be in Ya See We Want An Evolution!

Groagunk went too far there, but it was still funny nonetheless. Groagunk is such a character and one of the best personalities in DP and possibly the whole show. Solidad's moment was also funny, just like the moment where May pulled Max's ear and Brock felt the pain.

Croagunk
I do not have a favorite rejection, but I do find it funny the fact that croagunk even does it I mean why does he takes it apon himself to protect the girls from him or maybe it's the other way around? Anyway every time he does it makes me giggle.

You know something, I just thought about why Croagunk may have been the best girl blocker he could be for Brock's sake. Remember in the episode where Ash and Pikachu, Dawn and Piplup and Brock and Croagunk get their friendships measured on that Poketch? And Brock/Croagunk's friendship was almost as close as Ash and Pikachu's despite the fact that they have only been together for a couple of episodes.

This means that Croagunk probably sees Brock as his best friend. Which could mean that Croagunk cares enough about Brock to stop him from acting like a fool in front of women. Then when Holly from the Tag Battles actually shows affection back at Brock, Croagunk just sits there.

So, in his own froggy-way, he wants his trainer to be happy and find love only when he does not make a fool out of himself. And if a girl shows affection back to Brock, then he will show his happiness by not stabbing him with poison lol so what do you think?

Croagunk for sure.

Favourite rejection would have to be "A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine", where he got jabbed in the middle of his extended fantasy of running away with Nurse Joy.

You know something, I just thought about why Croagunk may have been the best girl blocker he could be for Brock's sake. Remember in the episode where Ash and Pikachu, Dawn and Piplup and Brock and Croagunk get their friendships measured on that Poketch? And Brock/Croagunk's friendship was almost as close as Ash and Pikachu's despite the fact that they have only been together for a couple of episodes.

This means that Croagunk probably sees Brock as his best friend. Which could mean that Croagunk cares enough about Brock to stop him from acting like a fool in front of women. Then when Holly from the Tag Battles actually shows affection back at Brock, Croagunk just sits there.

So, in his own froggy-way, he wants his trainer to be happy and find love only when he does not make a fool out of himself. And if a girl shows affection back to Brock, then he will show his happiness by not stabbing him with poison lol so what do you think?

I think you're spot on.

I'd have to say just about any time Max does it. It's that extra embarrassment that comes with having a seven-year-old kid do what normally a wife or girlfriend would do that makes Max win, IMO. It's just so ​FUNNY!

Definitely Croagunk. It was always so funny whenever Croagunk used Poison Jab on him and pulled him away.

Although I loved the time he was fawning over Solidad and all she told him was that she was not interested. The look on his face was priceless.

Ash, Misty, and Max.

Ash because of "Don't worry Brock, you'll find more girls to reject you".

And the last two are pretty obvious.

I did not like Croagunk however, his gag was terrible and so was DP Brock imo.

Croagunk was the best at stopping Brock in his tracks, up to the point that Brock could actually sense when Croagunk is about to strike at times. On top of that, in "Losing its Lustrous", when Croagunk DIDN'T stop him from flirting alerted him that something wasn't right.

As for best rejection, I'd have to say "Once in a Mawile" was pretty hilarious. He was actually trying to rope Lombre into it because Samantha's Mawile had a crush on his Lombre, so he was doing so in order to get close to Samantha. Lombre, however, was oblivious to the whole thing (more or less). It got even funnier when Corphish created a "love triangle" so to speak, and both started crying out of rejection, with Torkoal joining in as well (probably a sympathetic moment from the emotional tortoise). Max even calling it desperation was the icing on the cake. The cherry on top was when Lombre evolved and was ready to return the feelings, only to get "dumped" by Mawile, but rebounded pretty quickly regardless.

Back
Top Bottom