• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best BW2 gym leader remix

Best remix of an older gym battle theme

• Kanto

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Johto

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Hoenn's still reigns supreme to me. Although I really liked Sinnoh here, sound way much better than the original.

Kanto's. Don't forget the Unova Gym Leader theme was also remixed.

Sinnoh. Least busy, and the best use of the parp trumpets yet. Kanto would have gotten a vote, but the beginning sound bites were used too little.

Kanto > Johto > Hoenn > Sinnoh

Kanto
Sends a shiver down my spine. Reminds me of this time where I fought Misty's Starmie in Blue and it used that scary as fuck Bubblebeam attack. Probably the best remix of Kanto Gym Leader theme I've heard yet.

Johto
Better than HGSS theme IMO, which kinda lost the soul of the original Johto gym leader theme.

Hoenn
I adore the eerie beginning, but then it gets kinda meh. Although listening to this theme a few times made me appreciate how calm and subdued it is compared to others.

Sinnoh
I like it, but the other themes are just better, so it takes the last spot. Sorry Sinnoh...

Last edited:
What? no love for Johto? :( While all of these put a smile on my face, I'm particularly fond of the Johto remix.

I don't have much of a vote right now, but I might do it after I'm done typing this:

Battle! Gym Leader (Kanto) - I'm not sure entirely if the beginning is meant to invoke something like Pokémon Stadium, but I do know that at the very least the general theme around it is using those electronic synths to produce a sort-of Game Boy feel.

Battle! Gym Leader (Johto) - Same case as Kanto, but seems to be trying to invoke a sort-of Generation IV feel to it as well (given that, besides similar sounds for IV and V, was also the last game released in the previous generation, meaning people are most likely to be familiar with it as of right now).

Battle! Gym Leader (Hoenn) - The beginning really invokes a Generation III feel. Truth be told, I never really liked the sound of Generation III's music (perhaps one of the reasons I never played Hoenn or Kanto/Sevii), so this music is good news for my ears.

Battle! Gym Leader (Sinnoh) - I'll agree with @Mitchman and say the parp trumpets are excellent in this. However, who gave Junichi Masuda the instruments Jun Senoue used in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I? Those synths...just...I don't really like them that much. The rest of the song is excellent, though.

...ok, still not decided (perhaps because I desperately want to say Unova's Gym Leader theme). Perhaps this thread could have at least had the Pokémon World Tournament tag placed on it...no, wait, that doesn't help at all. The first Gym Leaders you fight are from Unova. *facepalm*

I'm now curious as to whether there is going to be a Champion edition of this poll, because I have a definite vote for that.

kanto- very cool remix but no steady beat

johto- beginning was off but rest was good

hoenn- always had trumpets, but not anymore:(

sinnoh- added a lot more sound to original

I'go with Kanto, although I wish they had kept the themes unchanged.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom