• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best characters to bring back in Gen 6!

ObliviaRangerLuvva

Loopy SummerXBen shipper!
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best three characters to bring into Generation 6 of Pokemon are: N (Black, White, Black 2 and White 2); Keith (Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia) and Grovyle (PMD:EoS)

I dunno, I think Grovyle would only work if the story revolved around those same characters, or were linked to that, and as that's a reaaaaaally low possibility anyway, I don't think it would work.

Agree on N, and Keith would work too I suppose.

How about none of them since it's a new generation and they shouldn't resort to making more "legacy characters." Also, I doubt they'd bring over characters from the spin-off games to the main series games.

For Gen VI, I just want a clean slate with mostly new characters. I don't even want to see N in Gen VI...not after the mess that was B2/W2. In my opinion, he should stay in Gen V. But, given his insane popularity, I doubt they'd pass up on finding some excuse to have him appear in Gen VI.

I'm fine with them not bringing back any characters if the new character's designs are good. I mean, Herbert and Hilda are hideous, and don't even get me started on N.

Personally, I would prefer completely new characters in the new generation. No. No Iris, no Alder, NO CYNTHIA, No - well, I guess N might be okay?

Personally, I like them bringing back new characters, it gives the Pokemon World more of a sense of continuity and interconnectivity between the different regions and stories.

Anyway, I'd like to see N again and maybe Hilbert/Hilda.

I'd like to see the protagonists of Gen V appear so you can link your data to that data and battle your own old team. Besides that, I guess a couple of old gym leaders should cameo, like Roark, Byron, Winona, etc.

If there's a new Ghost/Grass Pokemon, I want to see Gardenia return and see her reaction to it. Hilarity will ensue.

As long as they aren't past Player Characters, I would welcome a few past characters. >> -glares at Red- Shirona is awesome, I wouldn't mind her reappearing again.

I don't really want N to make a return. I mean he wasn't a huge part of B2/W2 besides being talked about a lot. I couldn't imagine them just throwing him in a game all of a sudden again... I could be wrong though.

Cynthia being there is inevitable.

Her thing is showing up in the least expected place, just to stand there acting cool.

You could go to the grocery store to buy bread, and Cynthia will be there with the most luxurious bread.

But seriously, nah. I don't think many old characters should be brought back, unless it's someone we've REALLY been a long time without seeing.

If they had a cooltrainer or veteran named Joey with a high level Raticate and a surprisingly good team though, that'd be pretty amazing.

I would love to see N back. Professor Oak should also show up again.

I don't know why Cynthia's been in every main series game since her debut, but she's epic anyway so that doesn't matter. Colress also says something in the BW2 postgame that suggests his return, so we'll see about that.

I would love to see N back. Professor Oak should also show up again.

I don't know why Cynthia's been in every main series game since her debut, but she's epic anyway so that doesn't matter. Colress also says something in the BW2 postgame that suggests his return, so we'll see about that.

Oh yes yes!! I'd love to see Akuroma in the next game XDD I can imagine encountering him in some laboratory and he'd give a key item or something like that

now i'm just brainstorming here, but what if we get older versions of characters? what if Gen 6 takes place 30 - 40 years after B/W2? if that were the case, then I would like to see characters like Wally or Barry. plus with this time leap it would be a good way to introduce completely new characters to eventually return in gens 7, 8, etc. without having to rely on too many characters from older gens (b/c they probably died). These new characters could be children, or students of gym leaders.

Professor Oak.

Haha, but more seriously, it would be neat if we could see some of the remaining plasma sages in their own separate ways that aren't the two in bw2.

Talking spinoff wise, I have no idea. But Pokemon ranger as a sub series tends to be continuous enough to make lots of references to older characters anyway.

I'd like to see some old PCs show up, ALA Red. Would be more interesting than simply fighting the Gym Leaders and Elite Four guys (plus Red, Cheren and Bianca) in the world tournament, and it'd be neat to see what the "canon" versions of the various PCs had.

The only ones I really want to see are N, Cynthia, Prof. Oak and/or Prof. Juniper.

I'd like to see a pervious player character besides Red make a come back. Don't get me wrong, Red is still one of my favorite protagonist, but I was seriously disappointed that Red made another come back while Hilbert/Hilda were nowhere to be seen in B2/W2. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it was the sequal to the games they stared in. I mean, give some of the other previous protagonist some love too, Gamefreak. I still would really like to battle Gold/Ethan... Also, being able to battle a previous champion in the main game that isn't Cynthia would be nice too. (The champion tournament is nice, but the fact that it's basically a battle battle tower/frountier replacement and both sides could only use three/four Pokemon each rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't help that Cynthia got another fully batteable appearance as well as being in the tournament. :/)

Other than that, maybe the rivials from previous generations could make some battleable appearances too. I would also say N, but I'm kind of worried that they might end up reusing him too much because of his popularity. It's really easy for people to go from 'Cool, my favorite character is back' to 'Ugh, this character again?'. I know that's starting to happen to me with both Cynthia and Red, as I've said above.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom