• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Dark pokemon

The best Dark type is really very easy to say based on base stats alone, which are Darkrai, Tyrannitar, Sazandora and Umbreon. However, I feel this is unfair, because they will be voiced out very easily. I think I would look at some of the positive qualities of some of the other Dark Pokemon that exists. Only two on the list gets a special mention, though.

* Umbreon - The only evolution of Eevee that is extremely defence-oriented, he is very hard to take down, but the problem is his offences, but still, he is probably the most reliable Pokemon to pass Mean Look to another teammate, due to the defences. Also extremely annoying with Confuse Ray and Double Team, but the last one is frowned upon by competitive players.
* Sazandora - The only Dragon of the darks, but this guy/girl hits very hard, as a Draco Meteor coming from this Pokemon would definitely hurt anybody who doesn't resist it. With great mixed offences, this one's a contender. However, its speed is a little lower than the universal 100, so might be frowned upon.
* Spiritomb - This is a defensive Ghost, but having a Dark sub-type helps remove any weakness from him/her. Has quite a size of support option while remaining quite bulky is nice, as with being immune to Fighting is a plus. The lack of notable resistances might put others off, though.
* Sableye - Normally seen as the inferior Ghost of the Darks, he might have a chance this time. This is because he is blessed with the almightly Mischievous Heart ability (Dream World), which makes sure his non-attacking moves priority. This is a great ability to have for a Ghost type, because of their immunities and Will-O-Wisp.
* Zuruzukin - Aside from his hip fashion, he is amazingly another Dark type that's very defensive. However, he has what is one of the best type combination for coverage, and his Attack is good enough to make use of them, and he even has Dragon Dance to make them useful. This one looks promising, I would say.
* Murkrow - Murkrow is a little different from his/her evolution Honchkrow, because of Speed and Mischievous Heart. I guess this would give Murkrow some uses, like Perish Song.
* Honchkrow - He/she has a great STAB attack combination, and high Attack stats to abuse them. However, speed can be an issue, unless Thunder Wave is used beforehand.
* Barujiina - This is yet another defensive Dark, but I think she is the fastest of all defensive Darks, so I can see her performing useful support options like Bark Out, Whirlwind and Tailwind.
* Weavile - He has a great STAB combination too, and is very fast and strong, so he is able to revenge kill his opponent. However, his low Base Powered moves pretty much restrict him to this role.
* Sharpedo - Having a Water STAB is a good thing, and high offenses help too. If he gets Speed Boost, however, he would be hard to stop, and if you see your foe with a priority move afar, you can always unleash a power Aqua Jet first! (Unless Extremespeed or Fake Out is use)
* Shiftry - He is one of the best Sun-abusers, as he can boost one of his attack stats greatly (or both equally).
* Drapion - His lack of weaknesses (aside Ground) makes him a great Pokemon to place the handy Toxic Spikes, and his good Attack and Speed doesn't hurt either.
* Houndoom - One of the few special attacking Dark types and having a Fire STAB, he/she can hurt things too, I guess.

I feel really fatigued typing all of these, and I think I might be a bit off with the description of certain Pokemon, so feel free to correct me in these cases!

Thanks for reading.

No worries, your efforts are not put to waste. I enjoyed reading your post. If only there's a like button here hahaha =))

Darkrai because it's what I desperately want in a Dark-type as it specializes in the classic RPG darkness element.

In order of how much I like them.

Sableye (Obviously)
Sharpedo
Waruvial (Crocodile)

Last edited:
Umbreon for now. Will see if any Gen V Poké's gonna change my opinion.

Absol. He's totally awesome since he has a blade on his head, and he's a totally awesome attacker. Kirikizan too, he has blades on his wrists. And Darkrai too, an awesome special attacker.

And Sazandora, because he's awesome and has three frikkin' heads. Hell, all Dark Pokémon are awesome, especially those from Gen. V.

For me, its Houndoom. Houndoom is one of my favorite pokemon, but not just that, it's also I feel he should be known for something. He's a fierce pokemon, whose often shunned, but can have a kind heart.

Houndoom seriously wins for me. If not, then It has got to be Tyranitar. For Generation V, I like a lot of the new dark types, like Warubiaru and Zuruzukkin.

Houndour and Houndoom are my favorites, but I also like Murkrow, Tyranitar, Cacturne, and Sneasel.

I'm a fan of Tyranitar and the Meguroco evolution line.

Houndoom. Epic typing. Next is Mightyena, 'cause he looks cool despite his bad movepool. In third, we have Tyranitar. He's slow and unless you build a team specifically around his ability, it's a bitch to battle with...

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom