• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Fire type starter

Which region had the best Fire starter?

• Kanto (Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard)

Votes: 94 34.2%
  • Johto (Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion)

Votes: 67 24.4%
  • Hoenn (Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken)

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • Sinnoh (Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape)

Votes: 48 17.5%
  • Unova (Tepig, Pignite, Emboar)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Kalos (Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox)

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
Charizard is the best battling, but I have to say that I love Typhlosion, specifically Cyndaquil, more than any of the others. I think I'd actually pick it over any other starter Pokemon, given the choice.

I love Torchic. Because Blaziken shot up from UU to Ubers, an incredible feat, and it actually made Fire/Fighting a good typing for once. But if Fennekin ends up Fire/Psychic, that will be my new favorite.

well I tink Tepig is really strong!! Don't forget its an cutie and what about cyndaquill? Well thats a strong pokémon to!! But I do't like Chimchar. the rest of the starter are oke.

For starter pokemons, I like Cyndaquil the best. For the evo lines in general, it's gotta be the torchic line. Funny thing to me is,
Cyndaquil<Quilava>Typhlosion
Torchi<Combusken<Blaziken
I think they're all cute, really. Except for Torchic, it looks stupid to me.

Emboar is my current favourite. Which feels bizarre to say, because I really didn't like it for a long time. I think it's v cool these days - don't care much for Tepig and Pignite though.

PCP500.png

And this art from Conquest always reminds me of the gluteus maximus move from Super Duper Sumos (a cartoon I remember watching when I was a kid).

However on the whole I don't really care for the Fire starters outside of Emboar and at a push Mega Blaziken (really like the design but don't care for regular Blaziken in any way).

Also yeah I did bump this up. Both Water and Grass threads are bumped so why not this too!

Is it a retoric asking? Charmander obviously, because -> Charmeleon -> CHARIZARD!!!!

Blaziken. Badass Pokefied.

Also wow, people really do hate the Tepig line.

For me it's probably Chimchar. Chimchar itself is adorable and Infernape is bad-ass and awesome. Monferno is okay, but I never cared much for it. Every-time I picked Chimchar as my starter I feel that it was probably one of the best members of my team, while the other fire starters felt a bit lacking in some way. It's also pretty nostalgic for me being the first starter Pokemon I ever chose:)

Cyndaquil, definitely. It's my third favorite pokémon, after all, and I am fond of Typhlosion. Quilava is quite meh, in my opinion, but I don't dislike it.

Two-way tie between Mega-Blaziken and Mega-Charizard Y, both which I have in my Pokemon Y. Particularly the latter - Drought + Solar Beam for the win.

Typhlosion. It's always been one of my favorite Pokemon ever. I'm really fond of Cyndaquil's cuteness and Quilava remains pretty cute, too. I like how it can shoot fire from its head and lower back.

Tepig is my favorite one and my favorite Pokémon overall. It gets lots of unneeded hate because of it's evolutions, but I don't think a Pokémon should be judged based on what it evolves into. I agree with everyone that thinks Pignite and Emboar are dumb/ugly/unoriginal/whatever, but Tepig himself, in his base form, is awesome.

Charizard, especially because of those badass Mega Evolutions. Delphox is the only other Fire starter I really like that much.

It's not on the list, but I like my Fennekin in Y. He's a fox wizard!

for me charizard is the best followed by infernape, not a big fan of delphox or emboar and their respective evolution lines

Kung Pow Chicken for me, aka Blaziken. Always has been a favorite since I saw it, and always my starter of choice in Hoenn. But in reality I love all the Fire starters petty much equally, but Blaziken is top dog... er... bird in my books. The only Fire starter I'm iffy with is Typhlosion due to its blandness, but it is my stater of choice in Johto regardless (and no, easiness due to type isn't a factor). But Blaziken is my top Fire starter.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom