• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Generation I Pokémon Cry

Torterra Trainer

タイタス
Reaction score
Most people would say that Generation I Pokemon have the worst cries. Of course that was because of the GameBoy's limited technology, but some of them, I think, are pretty good for Generation I.

My favorties are:
Raticate-sounds quick, even though I hate the pokemon w/a passion
Arcanine-sounds like it would be Legendary
Articuno-sounds melodic

Just list your favorite(s) and tell why you like 'em! :ksmile:

I used to have a lot of favorites, but I don't really remember too much at the moment. The few I remember are:

*Mewtwo
*Raichu
*Moltres
*Mew
*Missing No.

• Electabuzz
• Magmar
• All of the legendary birds
• Arbok
• Vileplume/Aerodactyl
• Victreebell
• Missingno.
• M'
4[]4(gave me nightmares)
• TM 55
Female Symbol

This is a hard one... They all sound like electronic molestations to me.

I say the most memorable for me was... Drowsee
Second place comes to Abra
Third goes to Magnemite

When I first heard Articuno's cry, it broke a long-running assumption I carried up to that point about pokemon cries being just noise.

Snorlax's and Charizard's are pretty cool. Though I like all cries from the little nostalgia I have, those two (and the others that share their cries) outshine the rest with their natural sounds.

I like several of the Generation 1 Pokemon cries, even though they don't sound as well as the newer Pokemon cries. These are my favorites, just because they've always sounded cool to me:

-Articuno's cry
-Meowth's cry
-Poliwag's cry
-Gengar's cry

Articuno's cry has always been beautiful to me.

However, without a doubt, Jynx sounds the most memorable.

Magneton's was always pretty cool. And I'm surprised nobody has said Paras or Parasect. I never liked them as pokemon but their cries were just awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom