• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Legends: Arceus character?

Best girl/guy/etc in Legends: Arceus?

• Adaman

• Irida

• Arezu

• Other (explain in thread!)

• Please don't pick Melli...

• Mai

• Iscan

• Sabi

• Lian

• Calaba

• Palina

• Ingo

• Gaeric

• Kamado

• Cylenne

• Volo

• Laventon

• Cogita

• Beni

• Rei/Akari

Results are only viewable after voting.
Then there's Cyllene who I like but I'd like more if she felt like a standalone character instead of feeling like a genderbent Cyrus.
Yeah, I feel this. There were moments when I thought she's pretty neat, namely the Wurmple scene and the one scene when she reinstated you into the Galaxy Team, but she didn't have enough presence in the story to be more than a footnote, which feels heckin weird with how high a position she has in the Galaxy lore. Idk I think she deserves better.

I guess at least she fared better than Ginter, who also got pre-release fanfare but in the game is literally just the merchant guy. Didn't even have any involvement in the story at all. The Ginkgo Guild was wasted, if you ask me.

I guess at least she fared better than Ginter, who also got pre-release fanfare but in the game is literally just the merchant guy. Didn't even have any involvement in the story at all. The Ginkgo Guild was wasted, if you ask me.
I think they only did that so Volo would blend in more.

It's hard to choose just one, so I'll break it down in terms of writing for now and edit this post later to list personal faves. :wynaut:

• Volo - I think they honestly did a great job with his character (and he gets bonus points for having a banger theme). I'll spare you the long essay on why he's so well-written but I will say this the fact that I can be spoiled he was the actual villain and still be surprised he stabbed me in the back really says something, I think. The whole game I was like "nah, that person had to be making this up, Volo seems like a good dude, no way he'd be the mastermind" and when I completed the main story with no Volo boss battle my suspicious were really lowered and my guard was down haha.
  • Irida - Also good character development. Goes from being set in her ways and being rather cold and mean to wanting to understand more about her world and becomes quite friendly. (I also just really enjoy her banter with Adaman)
  • Cyllene - I like that instead of being a carbon copy of Cyrus but genderbent, she's a genuinely kind and caring person under her seemingly strict and cold persona. Wish she had a little more involvement though.
  • Kamado - The bit where he kicks you out of the team and the village really got me--haven't been caught off guard like that since PMDE

I think my bias is pretty obvious, LOL. In fact, I have Ingo’s existence in PLA to thank for the entire reason I got back into Pokemon.

I lost interest in the franchise around USUM and SW/SH era, not entirely, but enough that I went “I’m probably just going to be content liking Pokemon passively and not really playing the games”. Then Arceus came out and I played it… And when I saw him my immediate response was shock… because I was soooo into SBMS age 13 it was like ‘holy shit, my past has come back to haunt me’ LOL… leading us to now.

As for the other characters though… to be honest… besides Adaman, Irida and how poigant Melli’s personality was… I don’t think I got enough feel for the characterization of quite a few characters I wish I did, such as Cyllene and Sabi.

I’ll spare everyone most of my ramblings, but I don’t think Melli actually hates the player either, I think he’s just a poorly done tsundere. That’s my onion though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom