• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best/most memorable Victory Road

Your favorite one:

• Total voters

elveonora

Reaction score
Be it because of: trainers, wild Pokemon, music, story, level design (pacing, puzzles) and so on.

Kalos' Victory Road is magnificent. The outdoor sequences are terrifically designed. I just wish Game Freak would drop the cave part of Victory Road.

I found most of the victory roads to be disappointingly easy. The only place I thought was well-designed and mazey enough in the franchise was mt. Coronet.

But just to give my own opinion: I absolutely loved Hoenn's Victory Road, or maybe it was Sinnoh's? 0_o Not sure, I confuse the too. Gen V VRs are also very memorable, very well designed.

My favourite is Kalos. It's the most interesting to walk though, actually has decent pokémon to battle against if you just want to level up, and doesn't insist on you using obnoxious HMs (Hoenn's Victory Road and Flash >_> ). Oh, and the music was awesome

Kalos did some new things with the concept of Victory Road, so I'm voting for it.

Admittedly, I find BW2's Victory Road to be the most aesthetically pleasing. Nice use of colors and various scenery, if you ask me.

Though Johto's Victory Road was also nice because you didn't have to battle anyone but Silver, aha.

I liked BW's mostly because of the gates before the cliffs themselves; the buildup effect on the music was magnificent, especially once it all came together in a crescendo once you stepped into the actual Victory Road area, with the cliffs and all. It was a surprising sight, since I was expecting another cave as per tradition, and it's left a good memory with me. Only complaint: every wild battle is the spazzed-out version used for shaky grass encounters. Just a bit overdone there. Otherwise, it's a good atmosphere for the situation: ascending a steep mountain to your final goal.

Kalos' broke the mold by both looking beautiful and not being composed entirely of cave maze, but it didn't leave the same "holy crud" feeling I got from the original Unova's. Also, I was disappointed by the removal off the buildup music at the gates in BW2. That was the best part!

I don't really have a favorite Victory Road, but I find the ones in generations V and VI to be unique in comparision to the other ones, which feel too aesthetically similar imo. On a related note, I don't remember Johto's very well. Part of it is probably because I haven't been to that region in quite some time, but part of it is because I didn't find myself there for very long compared to all of the other ones, thus it didn't leave me with a lasting impression. As a result, gen. II's Victory Road is my least favorite, while I like gens. V and VI's the most.

Unova's Victory Road. They are just unique from other Gens. It is not a pure cave like the others. But a cliff type Victory Road.

Though I like Kalos too, because it is in the mountain top and the scenery is just great.

Black & White's Victory Road is more memorable than the one from Sinnoh and Kanto/Johto which was just a generic cave filled with tough Pokémon and ''elite'' Trainers. Fighting all those Durant with Moltres is surely more memorable.

I actually hate Victory Road, it's too long and annoying.
However I found the Kalos one actually enjoyable because it had good design and wasn't so boring as a damn tunnel. I do like BW2's victory road's design but not quite as much.

Old Unova Victory Road: Its got music fitting for you trying to reach a summit. Its also got a funny scene involving an Ace Trainer wimping out from sliding down a cliff. The road itself also actually looked like a climb, and much less a generic tunnel route.

Kalos: Even better music and a vastly superior scenery involving a mountain on top, and a cliff overlooking the land below. Add the thrill of wild Pokémon swooping down on you (holy £@€¥!!!), and you've got a Victory Road that is anything BUT boring.

I voted for Kalos because aesthetically it was simply amazing. It had the perilous caves, it had outdoor locations, it had ancient ruins(!!) it was just downright perfect.

Unova's Victory Road in BW2 was also great, again because of the outdoor sections breaking from the monotony of cave routes, and also because of the ruins of N's Castle(!!!) showing you tangible proof of the events of BW.

I also have to give a shoutout to Gen II's Victory Road. It was understated, but the way there were no trainers in the cave actually helped to build a sense of dread. I think Silver comments on how the Road is so desolate because nobody had the guts/strength/skill to make it that far. It makes you feel accomplished for continuing it. Although I suppose it could be argued that Routes 26/27 were the stand-in's for the traditional trainer filled road. In which case, Johto broke away from the 'cave tunnel' mold before it was cool.

Unova's in Black and White. It really felt like that was the end of the game. The music of Route 10 leading to Victory Road is one of my favorite tracks, and Victory Road itself felt jagged and rough, like it could break you at any moment. Absolutely loved it! Black and White 2's Victory Road wasn't anything special and I would go as far to say that it was really forgettable.

Kalo's comes in at a close second because the scenery was gorgeous and the music was very fitting!

While I did find Gen II's Victory Road memorable, I remember it for the wrong reasons. It really felt empty and a once populated cave with trainers is nothing more than an empty shell. The music didn't help the mood. It felt really depressing.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom