• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best music on a Route?

JohtoMotto

Australia is my city
Reaction score
So everybody knows what routes are, the little roads that take you inbetween towns and other places. Each route has it's own little unique melody. What is your favourite melody?

Mine by far would be Route 209- Route 222 in Diamond/Pearl. The melody is just such a nice melody, really helps with the routes atmosphere :)

Route 1 in Kanto. When I think of Pokemon music, that's what comes to mind. Probably because it's the first route I every been on.

I'll list my favorites!
Kanto: Routes 1, 26, and 11.
Johto: Routes 37 and 42.
Hoenn: Routes 101, 104, 113 and 119. (Best game for route music, IMO) :)
Sinnoh: Routes 203, 209, 216, and 225.
Unova: Routes 1, 10, and 11.

My favorite, by far, is the music on the routes on the way to the Safari Zone (west of Cianwood City).

My runner-ups are the music on the routes in the middle of Kanto in FR/LG (you know, the routes surrounding Cerulean, Celadon, Saffron, etc.), and the route music on the Sevii Islands. I also like the music on route 113 (or whatever the one with volcanic ash is) in R/S/E.

Man, Nintendo can really create great music.

I was about to say Ice Path, but that's not a route
Route 113 was the best and most memorable for me.

Though it absolutely ties with the one of routes 47 and 48... But I have to say I preffer 113. Perhaps out of nostalgia reasons.

Lake of Rage theme, hands down. Once (just before going to sleep) I actually just closed my computer, tv and the lights, tucked myself in, turned on SoulSilver and just closed my eyes and listened to the music for like 15-20 minutes :)

The one I like most is Unova Route 10.
Second place goes to Sinnoh Route 209
and the third place is claimed by Sinnoh Route 225

There are so many great choices, but I'll go with Route 209. It sends nostalgic chills down my spine, and the version in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is even better.

Route 6 (BW). Oh my gosh, I could just listen to it allllll day. <3

All the Johto routes cuz they are calming and cute. Plus, they were also featured in the anime.

I also like all the Hoenn routes cuz they give off a sense of adventure - especially Route 110 - it sounds so grand!

The other region routes are okay, I guess.

Route 26, it just makes me swell with pride every time. Like a national anthem, only not lame.

I'll poll mine based on the games they come from:

GEN 1: Route 11. The most nostalgic Pokemon tune ever.
GEN 2: Route 42. You can literally feel the adventure.
GEN 3: Route 110. Classic, classic theme.
GEN 4: Route 228. Aw yeah, a nice funky theme to listen to.
GEN 5: Unova Route 4. The first time the game throws in a non-traditional route brings one of the most epic Pokemon themes ever.

Hoenn: Routes 101, 119, 118, Sky Pillar(I know its not a route but I like it!)
Kanto: Route 1
Johto: Route 29

Last edited:
Route 1 Kanto in the generation 1 games. I remember that music like it was just yesterday :D

All together now, instrument players!

C D E E E
C D E E E
C D E E F E D
B C D D D
B C D D D
B C D D E D C D C!
G F E E E
C D E E E
C D E E F E D
B C D E D C B A G A
C (DEDEDE) C!!!!!

(Route 1)

All together now, instrument players!

C D E E E
C D E E E
C D E E F E D
B C D D D
B C D D D
B C D D E D C D C!
G F E E E
C D E E E
C D E E F E D
B C D E D C B A G A
C (DEDEDE) C!!!!!

(Route 1)

Omagawd now his name makes sense. Crafty Nintendo.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom