• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Mythical Pokemon?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Here are mine:

3: Victini (It's design is phenomenal it's design in a super fun way)
2: Zarude (I know a lot of people don't like it. But I like Zarude it's design is fantastic)
1: Mew (Because why not? Mew is the first Mythical Pokemon so why not?)

Mew and Diancie are my top favorites. Mew is an OG and it's really cute, Diancie has a pretty design and I find it a bit unique in that regard. Zeraora is another one I really like, purely because I just really like the cute/cool anthro kitty compared to most people.

I love Manaphy so much. I know it's not a favourite, but the concept and the design and the egg gimmick is, like, really cool.

Jirachi is also a favourite of mine. It's super cute, and I think the Wish Maker movie made me like it even more : ) is babey

Victini, - Victini Victini Victini.... I feel I gushed about this Pokemon plenty, but It's cute, it's cool, I love it's little wing tail, it has a real cool coloration. It's all perfection.

Diancie - Elegant and pretty and it's mega is rad. Miffed I still don't have it yet. Here's hoping it pops up in Z-A

Arceus - real cool design, and him being basically Pokemon god is pretty badass

Shaymin - I like hedgehogs so I'm bound to like this one. It's so cute and pretty. I vastly prefer it's land form over the sky form, but that one isn't a deal breaker either.

Darkrai - creepy and mysterious, has great Speed and Special Attack, and a cool signature Ability. Shame Dark Void has been nerfed massively.
Mew - adorable and has a very large movepool.
Victini - cute, has a good movepool and a great signature Ability.
I also like: Manaphy, Shaymin-Sky, Genesect, and Magearna.

Lore:
  • Mew, the OG, knowing it existed after vague hints at it in Mewtwo's diary was so fun, and you wouldn't really expect a cat embryo to be the origin of every one of the 1000+ plus Pokemon. It's cute too!
  • Deoxys, a creature from space, that can change form? and turn an arm into a DNA shape? Those were the Ultra Beasts in my days. Also, two words: DELTA EPISODE.
  • Arceus, some do not like the concept of a God Pokemon, some feel it was introduced to early, others that it contradicts Mew but...I'm fine with it, it feels great to have a creature bigger than all of us walking around. Also, what else would you expect to rule over time, space and antimatter? It's design is also great.
  • Hoopa, the last great mythical in my opinion, giving world-breaking powers to a mischievous creature was crazy and it's represented well with its own feature in ORAS. Also, its Unbound form is very underrated and possibly the most demon-looking creature in the franchise.

Looks: Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Arceus, Melmetal

Mew- I feel like the original Mythical deserves a spot because it was appropriately mysterious and had a lot of buildup and lore to its backstory. It was such an enigma, in fact, that not even Nintendo knew that Game Freak had programmed it into the games! This, by the way, ended up playing a part in Pokemon's popularity, since the games' sales skyrocketed once people discovered there was a hidden character. Pikachu may be the mascot, but Mew was truly the spark that got this franchise started.
Arceus- I've always been fond of this guy, but Legends is what really cemented it as a favorite. The idea that Arceus is actually an immensely powerful and incomprehensible but ultimately still benevolent Eldritch Horror and that the creature that we interact with is just a small fragment of it is just so cool to me for whatever reason.
Pecharunt- This guy was a very welcome return to when Mythicals were actually given their own sidequests and stories instead of just being gifted to you without any explanation or lore to speak of, and let me tell you, he did not disappoint. I especially love the little detail that if you send out any of the Loyal Three to battle Pecharunt he gets indignant that you would dare to turn his own minions against him, and if you send out Ogerpon to battle him she gets furious upon seeing the true cause of her centuries of loneliness. And yes, it was very cathartic when I defeated Pecharunt with my Ogerpon :)

Back
Top Bottom