• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best name for snivy

what name fits best???

• Tsutarja (jap name)

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Snivy (eng name)

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Smugleaf (fanmade name)

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • other (please share)

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • i dont like the 5th gen grass starter

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Snivy is a great name. D: Smugleaf got old real fast, even though it's a goofy name still.

Snugleaf if it's a girl.

I went and named mine Mary Snivy after Mary Shelley. ^_^

Medusa, or Medullia for a girl
Excalibur for a Boy

Tsutarja. It just sounds so much more smug than Snivy.

Simply put:

Snivy>Tsutarja>Smugleaf.

Smugleaf was pretty nice (and innovative at that) in the beginning, but then too many people used it. And now I outright hate it.

Snivy! It sounds very cute, I'm really content with the name they gave to my favorite Pokémon in English. :) Tsutarja is good too, it's the original after all!

What about the french name, Vipélierre? Just kidding, that's ugly. >_>
Haha, agreed. :p

Definitely Tsutarja. It is the Japanese original, and though I usually have no problem with the localized names, The Gen V ones are, to me, pretty bad (for the most part that is, some are good, plus there's the ones that didn't change). Besides, Tsutarja somehow seems to fit it best. I named mine MEAT though, since I like snake meat and I always name everything in the game with all capitals (I never knew you could use lower-case letters until 2006 or so).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom