• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best New Dub Voice Actor

Not in any order and some are from XY and older TPCI dubbed seasons as well but (ones in bold are easily my top favourites):

Eddy Lee
(A bit husky but overall I think he's doing a great job as Gladion.)
Carrie Savage
(FUNi actor who's been showing up more recently)
Marc Swint
H.D. Quinn
Daniel J. Edwards
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
(especially with Sophocles, one of the few dub voices where it's been nailed to a tee)
Jake Paque
Haven Paschall
Daman Mills
(did a Team Flare grunt in one XYZ episode, is now working for FUNi)
Abe Goldfarb
(who I didn't care for as Kukui at first but now after a while I'm starting to warm up to his role)
Kate Bristol
(yet another FUNi VA, enjoyed her as Astrid)
Ryan Nicolls
Nicholas Dimichele
Ben Phillips
(again with the FUNi VA's, pretty good as Hobbes)
and
Ryan Andes

I got more: Marc Swint as Kiawe, Alyson Rosenfeld as Bonnie and Sopohcles and this little girl for M21, Haven Paschall as Serena and Rockruff, Ryan Andes as Hala, Michael Liscio Jr for Clemont and his other ones, Abe Goldfarb for Kukui, Rosie Reyes as Lana and the old lady who had Litten, Jake Paque for Sycamore and Tupp from Team Skull, Lisa Ortiz as the BEST voice director for the Dub IMO and Litten/Torracat, Kate Bristol for doing a lot of voices but mostly for Togedemaru and Verity from I Choose You!, Roger Callagy as Rotomdex, Ben Phillips as the Butler Hobbes, Daniel J Edwards as Faba, Bobbi Hartley as Lusamine, Sean Reyes who I definitely recognised did work since BF be used again, Emily Jenness obviously For Dawn/Lillie's Snowy and others and lastly the one who did Olivia's voice Marisa Kennedy.

Rosie Reyes and Laurie Hymes are certainly growing on me as Lana and Lillie as they get more comfortable in the roles, Rosie Reyes certainly sounds a lot different with Maoni and the best thing VA's can do is to make it harder to tell that they voice different characters

Sarah Natochenny (Famous voice of Ash Ketchum), Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld (Voice of Bonnie and Sophocles), Laurie Hymes (Voice of Lillie), Rosie Reyes suits for Lana very well! Also Haven Parchell (Voice of Serena!)

Michael Liscio Jr. (Clemont)

Last edited:
Two words: MARC. SWINT. He nails every line of dialogue he’s given! I especially enjoy whenever he freaks out, like his reaction to the Kanto Dugtrio not having any hair. That scene kills me every time!

Female-wise, I’m going to go with Rosie Reyes as Lana. She gives Lana an innocent sounding tone that works really well.

If you want to count the TPCi era as a whole, my favorite actor is Julian Rubedello. He was the perfect choice for Paul.

My favorite actress from the whole TPCi era is, hands down, Emily Jenness. Her performance as Dawn is partly the reason why she’s my favorite of Ash’s companions. And I adore her voice for Snowy!

Two words: MARC. SWINT. He nails every line of dialogue he’s given! I especially enjoy whenever he freaks out, like his reaction to the Kanto Dugtrio not having any hair. That scene kills me every time!

^ Everything needed to be said about Marc Swint
Eddie Lee is also a candidate, he's the perfect voice for Gladion

Female wise my vote goes to Mallow

^ Everything needed to be said about Marc Swint
Eddie Lee is also a candidate, he's the perfect voice for Gladion

Female wise my vote goes to Mallow
Yeah, I forgot how much I like Mallow’s voice. Rebecca Soler was also pretty good as Kidd Summers in the Lucario movie.

Haven Paschall as Rockruff was adorable! I wish it never evolved so we can still hear those puppy barks.

While an oldie but a great one, Lisa Ortiz as Litten and Torracat (I am 99.9% sure she is Torracat) makes me smile. I haven't loved the dub this much since the Indigo Plateau episodes.

Not only Rockruff, but also Serena and Nebby! Haven did a very good job for those 3 characters. Of coruse, Serena makes Haven famous! I know Haven because of Serena! Lisa Ortiz is famous for Korrina. I don't realize Korrina is also Litten and TOrracat too!

Groans, hated Oshawott
6D792408-9C12-4DB7-B3F8-06097BB00496.gif
Poor Oshawott never gets any love

Back on topic, another great voice from the TPCi era is Abe Goldfarb. His role as Kukui is probably the best performance on the show these days (aside from Marc Swint). But where he really shines is as the Masked Royal. He does such a good job at distinguishing the two personas that it’s almost scary.

Special mention must also be given to the first 4Kids actor to return to the series (and a very underrated one), namely, Matthew Miltler. He was one of the original cast members in Season 1, and played characters such as the leader of the bicycle gang in “Battle of the Bridge”, two of the Eevee Brothers, Rudy, the Trovita City Gym Leader (my personal favorite role of his), and Falkner, the Violet City Gym Leader. He left about halfway through Season 4, but, somehow, TPCi was able to bring him back in Season 9 for a few episodes. After that, he disappeared from the show again. He is also an on-screen actor, appearing in such movies as Deadtime Stories, Basket Case 2, Mutilator, and Battle for the Lost Planet.

Lastly, I want to give praise to Eileen Stevens. While she got on my nerves as Iris, I like her Pokémon voices, such as Braixen and Popplio. And is she the voice of Poipole? It sounds like her to me.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, we have Craig Blair. One of TPCi’s original hires, he was mainly known for providing voices of two characters left behind by Ted Lewis, Giovanni and Tracey, as well as Mike Pollock’s Raoul Contesta, and Darren Dunstan’s Mr. Sukizo. Unfortunately, he didn’t do very good. Giovanni was quickly given back to Ted Lewis, and Mike Pollock eventually reclaimed his role as Contesta. Blair left the series in Season 13, and everyone celebrated.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom