• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best parts of the anime you remember

Shinx3000

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done before, did not see it. I was wondering, whats your favourite moments in the anime throught since you started watching it?

Mine (as far as I remember) are:

Kanto (Indigo League) series:

Ash vs Blaine - first time it was aired and I saw it I thought "Oh no! could this be the end of charizard? He can't die!" (well I was 10) then we got "Aerial Submission Attack!" still one of the best, if no the best battle to date.

Bye Bye Butterfree - First time I ever teared up when watching an episode. Especially with the "Meeting and a parting" music. It was never said in episode, but since butterflies in real life usually die after laying eggs, the butterfree were going of to lay eggs and then die, which would be more sad for kids if they knew that was going to happen.

Sabrinas Gym - the way the gang got turned into dolls was kinda creepy, especially the young girl in the episode (don't remember her name)

Ash vs Misty for the first time in Cerleaun Gym. I thought of pokemon different when Ash said something along the lines of "Girls and their jewllery" when she used Staryu and Starmie.

The original music in these episodes was the best IMO. "Bills Lighthouse" was good and kinda creepy which suited the episode. The other music (ones with the brass instruments) like (I think) "Pokémon League Official Cap" also music "Oden" is quite good.

Only one thing I wondered about at time and only realised a long time after was the missing Safari Zone episode (taken out because of gun in it). At first I believed (as I did not play the games then or own a game boy) that pokemon were protected from being csptured in sazari zone, but later on "whats this? Taruos? where did that come from?!"

Sinnoh Arc:

The current anime is somewhat better in terms of the pokemon. Ash is training harder and he has a better rival than a lot of the time, being totally opposites makes Ash want to train harder and better to do well. Pokemon in this series have gotten more love IMO than say Primape or Pidgeot (Primapte getting the worst as it was hardly seen until it left).

It seems now that each of the main gang as their signature pokemon. Ash with Pikachu as always, Brock with his trusty "Brocks not gay, just "denied action"" crogaunk and Dawn with Piplup. Sure in D/P there have been a few crud episodes like "A staravia is born!" and one or two others that get boring fast, but the episodes with Ash and Paul are always tense and Barry brings in good things to the show as well.

I have more, but I'll post later if I remember

My faves:

In "Pokemon Fashion Flash" when Salon Roque blew into the battle platform and TR recited their motto. The mood was great.

In "Dig Those Diglett" when Ash and Misty were in the hotspring and you saw the back view of the spring and I thought Misty was swimming with Ash without a top on. (Pokeshippers unite!) Was that actually what happened in the original?

In "March of the Exeggutor Squad" when Ah dressed up as the Suami and Misty wore her Goldeen stage outfit. (Fanboys unite!) It was also really funny when Ash tried water and grass before fire. ("Don't prune them, attack them!..")

In the Orange Islands whenever TR travelled in the Magikarp submarine. It was so funny!

In "Pokemon Scent-sation" when James and Meowth dressed up as "Ashley's" nutty father.

In the recent Sinnoh episode when May guest debuted and used her Venusaur and Wartortle in the Wallace Cup and went psycho mad when she didn't get her food.

There's waaay more, but my lappy's runnin low on battery.

"She can violate my rights!"
-Brock, "The School of Hard Knocks"

Best dubbed line EVAR.

That one's just the first to come to mind. I'll have to get back to you about the other ones. :p

Kanto:

1. Pikachu Trusts Ash(Episode: Pokemon, I Choose You!)

2. Pikachu Chooses Ash(Episode: Pikachu's Goodbye)

3. Ashley(Episode: Pokemon Scent-Sation!)

Orange Islands:

1. Pinkachu(Episode: In The Pink)

Johto:

1. Ashachu(Episode: Hocus Pokemon)

2. Misty Leaves/Misty Sings To Ash(Episode: Gotta Catch Ya Later!)

3. Arriving In Style(Episode: Hoenn Alone)

Hoenn:

1. Reunited(Episode: Get The Show On The Road!)

2. Don't You Remember Me?(Episode: A Scare To Remember)

3. Pikachu Gets Possesed(Episode: The Scuffle Of Legends)

4. Juliette Cosplay(Episode: Love At First Flight)

Battle Frontier:

1. Evil Ash(Episode: Battling The Enemy Within)

2. Ash Vs. Gary(Episode: Home Is Where The Start Is)

Sinnoh(so far):

1. Dawn Saves Pikachu(Episode: Two Degrees Of Separation)

2. Ash Tries Not To Cry(Episode: Pika And Goliath)

3. Chimchar's Tears(Episode: Tears For Fears)

4. Escaping Team Rocket(Episode: Fighting Fear With Fear)

Most of Kanto arc. Especially the early episodes, when Ash was still a loser.

"You know what your problem is Ash? YOU HAVE NO TASTE!"

"Maybe I dont but neither does this water!"

That was a burn right there.

"Gary was here, Ash is a loser."

Gotta love how they kept Gary ahead of Ash the whole time. Just like the games.

Brock being able to tell the officer Jennies apart.

Max at the trainer school who keeps boosting poliwags defense and loses this way, and when max battle vivi winstrate, he tells corpish to take it easy, but then corphish decides to attack her marill (I think it was a maril) all out, to which vivi cries and tells max he's a jerk xD

I really like any sarcastic/funny instance. Which translates to seasons 1-5. Although Hoenn did have its moments too.

-Everything in Kanto? The Pokemon salon stands out. So does Pikachu's boxing. And DOUGHNUTS!
-Bye Bye Butterfree
-The Bill/Lighthouse ep. And that background music
-Gary walking away like the bishie he is with Umbreon

Brock being able to tell the officer Jennies apart.

I'd second that, how he does that I have no idea, guess trying to date them would show him differences that we don't see (I am making them sound like real people or something, but not meaning to)

Gary's cheerleaders

I forgot those, but yeah I liked them

Back when Gary was a braggart and not a nice guy like he is today

Woner how he would have reacted to Paul if he was the same as he was in old days and not the researcher now.

Here are my moments:

-Most of the things from "Claydol big and tall"
-The surfing Pikachu
-The Princess festival
-The Orange Islands and Hoenn.

"Primeape Goes Bananas" in its entirety. I think that episode single-handedly captured nearly everything I loved about the series in a mere 22 minutes.

I’ll always remember the preview episodes for Advance Generation air on KidsWB. It really help get me excited and couldn’t wait for the Hoenn Saga to begin (and even with Sinnoh is still my favorite anime saga).

The very beginning and very end of each region are usually the most enjoyable parts. Why?

The beginning always feels fresh, its usually a new group and new characters are introduced, (sans Johto, which didn't have any new characters...which is why it became so boring as it progressed), and we usually get to see how the new group dynamics work, the new characters and rivals, and the new Pokemon the group gets.

The ending of a region is of course great because of the league matches, Ash and the main girl have their final Pokemon teams at the time, Ash's Pokemon are mostly evolved, the rivalries come to their conclusion and they compete in their respective tournaments. (Again, sans Misty I suppose, unless you count the Whirl Cup as what her climax in Johto was).

To this day I don't understand why Johto didn't give the show any new important characters. And no, Casey hardly counts.

Pretty much all of Kanto for me. I just loved the whole feeling of it. The dynamics between all the characters were fantastic, the fillers were great, it had such great humor and then the heartbreaking episodes like Bye Bye Butterfree...just a great season.

Somewhat more specifically, I always loved any episodes focusing on Team Rocket (as a whole, not just the trio) or Misty, and pretty much all the contest episodes from AG.

And even though DP has probably been my least favorite part of the show so far (I'm serious), there have been some good fillers, and I love the Team Galactic and Barry episodes.

I'm going to be annoying since I have too many memorable things that I loved.XD

For the series my most liked and memorable scenes and episodes are:

Overall: Any episode with gary in it, the cheerleader, Hunter J, Aura mention (Oh no! I'm an aura holic!!!) and any episode with paul in it.
I just can't be bothered listing every gary, Hunter J and Paul, Chimchar, aura, cheerleader episodes so I'm clearing it up here first.lol

Other than what I listed above:

kanto (most I like but I won't list everything):

-Ash protecting Pikachu in the very first episode.
-Ash and Misty fighting in Viridian forest
-Surge's gym.
-Pikachu's goodbye.
-Sabrina when she was crazy.

orange islands:
-Ash being a brat towards prima and demanding a match.
-Dragonite appears in the league.

Johto:
-The wayward wobbuffet
-James dressing up as a Moltres because of a fortune telling book.
-Address unown.
-Misty chucking everything into a stew when brock was sick.
-Ash turning into a Pikachu.
-Just waiting on a friend
-Most of the league.

Hoenn (I really need to watch this series again since most of it I only watched once thus don't remember much of it.^-^;;;; ):

-The first episode where Pikachu is sick.
-Pikachu wiping out the electric gym leader single handedly even though he was powered up (though obviously it's a memorable one for me since I'm a Pikachu fan)
-When Corphish was first captured and also team rocket in that episode with the sea weed all over them and falling into a pit dug by ash and his friends seems to crack me up every time.
-Pikachu being taken over by that orb and thus controlled by groudon

Battle fronteir (I liked most of it so I won't list everything but these come to my mind alot):
-Even though part of season 8 Charizard versus Articuno
- Anything with harley for season 9.
- The grand festival in particular the match with may versus Drew
-The giant robotic slaking in Slaking Kong
-that episode with the golden sudowoodo (jessies imagination I found funny in it aswell)
-Tactics Theatrics (mainly because of Tucker)
-Ash getting possessed
-Pikachu versus regice.

Sinnoh (I haven't seen everything yet however but I love most episodes in this so again I won't list everything):
-The first 3 episodes with Dawn. It really felt fresh to me for that short while so they always come to mind because they focus mostly on dawn over Ash. I really liked that.
-Pachirisu when it was running around like a lunatic causing dawn havic.XD

Chronicles:
- Jimmy and his Typhlosion (really like Jimmy)
-Professor oak running while tied to a chair and ramming into a wall in oaknapped when they were trying to save him. I think he got burned but I can't remember the exact reason. Only remember how funny the reaction he made when getting hurt was.XD
-meowth trying to impress a Skitty in one of those shorts

More Mini movies:
-Pikachu and raichu competing by running over everything in their way.
-That mini movie where meowth made that thing that everyone danced to and seeing treecko finally crack and dance aswell.

main movies:
-Ash running in the middle of mewtwo and mew
-Also from the movie this quote has stayed with me for years: "If we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different. Well who knows." I really love that statement.^-^
-Lugia used Aero blast
-Shaymin doing character abuse (pulling Ash on the ear) for some reason entertained me.XD

yeah ummm. Sorry about the long list but yeah I remember alot of favs when i think about it. Too many moments I liked and I can't decide which is better either since this all stuff I'd watch over and over.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom