• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best parts of the worst sagas

What is your least favorite anime saga?

• Indigo League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

• Battle Frontier

• Sinnoh

• Kalos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Nothing is completely good or bad, even if one of those sides greatly overwhelms the other. So now I ask: what elements of your least favorite Pokémon anime sagas do you think were genuinely or at least somewhat good?

The whole Meloetta arc in Best Wishes.

The loss of Team Rocket vs Team Plasma was unfortunate but this at least totally made up for it. Was so good to see Giovanni get some limelight again and Ted Lewis completely stole the show in the dub.

That and Pikachu's big ass electro ball.
A lot better than pretty much most of Team Plasma's stuff they got which is pretty sad for them compared to the guy who's stuck in his office nowadays.

Last edited:
I really like the song Mirai Connection, its probably in my 5 favorite Pokemon songs, and its essentially the only thing above neutral for me about SM, save for a couple fillers that were mildly entertaining.

Last edited:
The Team Plasma and Drayden arc in Best Wishes.

The Johto League and the Red Gyrados episodes in the Johto arc.

The Aloha League in the Sun & Moon series.

Last edited:
The Team Plasma arc in BW was pretty enjoyable. Team Plasma became more generic evil with mind controlling Pokemon, which pretty much removes everything that made the organization interesting in the first place, but that was really out of their control for multiple reasons. Still, it provided more tension, N's characterization was handled pretty nicely, Ash had some nice moments and the climax was pretty satisfying. It wasn't the ideal way for Team Plasma to finally be used in the anime, but for what it was, it was a pretty good arc all things considered.

The mini-tournament thingies from BW where the recurring characters would gather were pretty neat.
Some of the COTDs from those tournaments also made it to the League, which was a nice detail.

You think so? I thought Iris and Cilan's farewell was the most underwhelming one to date. And I even enjoy Unova saga more than most fans.
Iris and Cilan's farewell is the second-to-last episode, not the final one.

Good parts of BW:
+The best animation the show had yet to get
+Fun, lively rivals
+Ash-tachii gaining several honorary members
+Cilan
+Operation Tempest
+Starting the trend of Joys ad Jennies looking different each region (makes me wish they'd done this from the start)
+The Donamite/Clubslposion arc
+Interesting, colorful COTDs & minor characters I kind of wish we'd seen more of

Good part of Kanto:
+Ash-tachii at their best, and the TRio at the 2nd best
+Unique, interesting concepts
+Had and energy and edginess we've seldom seen since

Good parts of Johto:
+Had a good start
+The 3rd year was filled with great moments (The OS' best, and some the Show's best all together)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom