• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Pokèmon anime opening?

Battle Frontier is my personal favorite... I also like the graphics to Spurt.

As for the English dub it's always going to be the first Johto theme song.

Japanese - OK!, Challenger, Battle Frontier, Spurt!
English - I Wanna Be a Hero, This Dream, Unbeatable

Battle Frontier, High Touch, and the first dub song are my favorites (even if I don't know whether that last one has a title besides 'Pokemon Theme;' anyone know if there's a name attached to the song?), but I'd call Battle Frontier the best opening overall.

Trying to name my favorite "Pokémon" opening theme is like trying to pick my favorite Looney Tunes cartoon or my favorite episode of "The Simpsons" - there are so many that have such fantastic qualities, it's impossible to narrow it down to just one. "OK!" is one of the all-time greats, I won't deny it; you put that song on, and I immediately forget that Jouto was laden with poorly-written filler episodes and zero character development. That song gets you ready for action, man. "Ready Go" is more adventurous, and a little more on the dramatic side, with its pounding techno lines and its moving lyrics and imagery ("When I look back on yesterday/There were tears, but I don't care"... the scene that accompanies that line always hits me right here, y'know?). "The Challenger" is another great one that retains that adventurous "here we go" kind of feeling; it gets you ramped up for an experience you won't forget.

But "Mesaze Pokémon Master" will always be, in my opinion, the "Pokémon" theme song. It defines what the show is, who it's about, and what its world is like. When I think of the anime, this is the song that pops into my head first. And as awesome as the 2001 Whiteberry version is, nothing can quite top Matsumoto Rica's 1997 original. (Anytime she gets to sing as Satoshi, it's great!) The song is indelibly linked to all my thoughts and perceptions of the show. And the amazing thing is, I first heard it in 2005, six years after I began watching the anime. Of course, I'd only been watching it in English before then. But after just my first few Japanese episodes, the blandly-titled and woefully cheesy "Pokémon Theme" (and really, the entire dub in general) was dead to me. The Japanese version, simply put, is "Pokémon". There are no substitutions.

I really like Pokemon Symphonic Melody, Battle Frontier, Together, and High Five. not sure why, they're just really cool!

Original Series, Unbeatable, Stand Up, Orange Islands...to be honest I can't decide about the rest

I've only ever really seen the english ones...

But of those, my favorite is the Orange Islands one. o3o The sound of it used to fill me with joy.

SO YOU WANNA BE A MASTA? POKEMON!

Battle Frontier (Japanese) is a great opening nice n fast paced
OK for similar reasons
i like those kinds of opening with an anime show

Japanese Openings
Mezase Pokémon Monster
Ready Go!
Challenger!!
Spurt!

English Openings
Battle Frontier
Diamond & Pearl
Galactic Battles

I find the Pokémon Johto one to be really catchy. Definately my favourite.

I recently just fell in love with the japanese version of "Battle Frontier" :0 It's a really neat song!

"Pokemon Johto", by far. No other dubbed opening has come remotely close, though "This Dream" is pretty good, as are the other two Johto openings.

My favorites are definitely Pokemon Master Quest, Pokemon Season 1, and Pokemon Advanced.

Pokemon Johto, and Battle Frontier. Those just destroy the competition.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom