• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Pokemon Evolution?

Gardevoir. Catching a Ralts and training it in Pokemon Y was a chore because it was incredibly weak. Then it evolved into Kirlia, got a lot better. Then Gardevoir arrived, and it's quite possibly the strongest Pokemon on my team. Psychic/Fairy typing FTW.

Obviously Magikarp -> Gyarados. Spend long hard hours getting this useless fish up to level 20 then BAM! Awesome strong dragon-like Pokémon.

A magikarp to Gyarados seems to be the biggest change in a Pokemon evolution to me. But my favorite evolution Pokemon is Salamance, it's previous forms weren't so crash hot but then it turns into a Salamance and looks pretty sweet.

Depends what is meant by "best pokemon evolution".

If you mean best evolved pokemon, then naturally I cast my vote to Wigglytuff, who is my favourite pokemon.

If, however, you mean the best transformation from form to form, taking into account the relationship between the pre-evolutions and what they can eventually become, then I'd have to go with Slowpoke to Slowking, largely because I really enjoy the twist that the most notoriously dim-witted of pokemon actually has the potential to become one of the most intelligent.

The change from Paras to Parasect is significant for me, since Paras has to surrender its mind and body to the fungus eating it. There's no way a Paras doesn't know that the fungus always wins in the end, since its parents were obviously Paras shells controlled by the fungus.

So maybe that's why Paras hides in caves, since it fears gaining battle experience, since it only strengthens the parasitic part of it. But then you, as a trainer, drag it out into the world and fight with it, and Paras obliges because it trusts you as its trainer. But then one day it gains too much battle experience and evolves, and suddenly the loving Paras you knew is a cold unfeeling fungus controlling it.

The saddest part is that the Paras knows that this is going to happen, but it fights for its trainer anyway, perhaps to have the experience of being a normal pokemon, even if for a brief time. :(

Inkay -> Malamar. Seriously, this is a very creative evolution. First, you have to hold the 3DS upside down to evolve it, which not only fits its whole upside-down theme, but is unique and memorable. Secondly, while Inkay is a right-side up squid, Malamar becomes an upside-down squid. Unlike some Pokemom, it adds to the development of the character and again, fits with its theme. Plus they look cool.

Golett to Golurk. Every time I see it, it's a bit like watching a child grow up so it always stays with me. Now instead of me trying to protect this poor helpless golem, I have a stone giant who's ready to defend me with its mighty fists. Always a huge moment for me in the games.

Do you mean by which pokemon's evolution is the best change from the prevo? I guess a dramatic change like Gyarados, then since it completely changes in form and skills. It is like Magikarp put all that hard work with his splashing and tackling and it really deserves to evolve so that's why it's the best evolution, or in that sense at least I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom