• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Best pokemon for capturing pokemon?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to complete my pokedex and I'm finding very hard to capture pokemons. All the pokemons on free camera zones are at level 60-70 and I'm spending a lot of ultra balls in every pokemon.
Do you recommend an specific pokemon to use in order to capture other pokemon? For example, a bulky pokemon who knows false swipe and hypnosis

I would recommend Pangoro. I can't really say how bulky they are, but their Hidden Ability is Scrappy, and they can learn False Swipe.

I would recommend Pangoro. I can't really say how bulky they are, but their Hidden Ability is Scrappy, and they can learn False Swipe.
Pangoro is an offensive pokemon, both of its defenses are mediocres. I need a pokemon who can resist several turns of attacks without fainting.
EDIT: I've read my own response now and I've noticed that sounds (reads) a little rude. I'm grateful for you response, but my team is composed basically of offensive pokemon. Adding Pangoro would change nothing. I thought of Gengar (not great deffense but ability disables moves and can inflict sleep), Snorlax (also inflicts sleep and can inflict paralysis), Chansey/Blissy (learn yawn?). Even Jynx, for having the best sleeping move (75% acc) outside Spore. Parasect would be a great option because Spore, but I think it isn't coded in the game.
Need to check if they are able to learn false swipe, though.

Last edited:
So you want bulky, huh? None of your suggestions can learn False Swipe, and Parasect isn't even available in SwSh, and even then, it doesn't have good Defense and Special Defense. Shuckle is pretty much the bulkiest Pokémon, but has very low non-Defense stats and knows no useful Status moves for catching.

I can't really find any Pokémon that fits your bill of having very high Defense/Special Defense, can learn high accuracy Status moves and False Swipe, and be available in both SwSh and BDSP.

So you want bulky, huh? None of your suggestions can learn False Swipe, and Parasect isn't even available in SwSh, and even then, it doesn't have good Defense and Special Defense. Shuckle is pretty much the bulkiest Pokémon, but has very low non-Defense stats and knows no useful Status moves for catching.

I can't really find any Pokémon that fits your bill of having very high Defense/Special Defense, can learn high accuracy Status moves and False Swipe, and be available in both SwSh and BDSP.
What do you recommend then?

Honestly, Pangoro is bulky enough for most of what the games with throw at you - sure, its defenses are very average, but the typing leaves it with relatively few acute weaknesses outside of Fairy and the pairing of False Swipe and Scrappy is unique. It'll be fine against wild AI.

If you want False Swipe, decent bulk and a wide status repertoire, Venusaur is probably your best option... but you lose out on Scrappy and thus have to deal with Ghosts the hard way.

Gallade, I suppose, is usually on the little island in the wild area where you earn the TM for low sweep, near the nursery and digging duo.
It should be at least level 60 if you catch it after the game.

Anything that has the ability Arena Trap/Shadow Tag is good if you want to prevent the Pokémon from fleeing. I don't know if there are any like that in Galar.

i know this is an old thread but ive been doing my swsh pokedex too and quick balls have been my best friend cus they work like 95% of the time and theyre ultra cheap (50W). when quick balls dont work, ill just stun spore them and, depending on the time of day, spam poke balls or dusk balls (which are also 50W). ultra balls are my last resort

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom