• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best possible moveset for a Mew?

Evil Raichu

black sheep
Reaction score
If this needs to be moved, I'm sorry...I was just wondering, what in your opinion would be the best possible moveset for Mew?

It can learn *all* of the moves. There are so many possibilities.

Right now, the moveset on mine is:

Psychic
Transform
Mega Punch
Metronome

What should stay and what should go?

Well, are its stats higher in attack or special attack?

Get rid of Transform and Metronome regardless.

It's higher in attack, actually.

Attack is 134, Sp. Attack is 111.

Any suggestions about what moves should replace Transform and Metronome?

Make a physical sweeper, lose Mega Punch, and Mew cannot learn every attack.

I would go for:

- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Even still, a moveset using Calm Mind and Roost could be problematic for an opponent to surmount. Psychic, Calm Mind, Roost and then your choice of additional Special move. I'd personally recommend Ice Beam, Thunderbolt or Flamethrower. Focus Blast is a nice surprise for Dark-types, as is Aura Sphere...

Make a physical sweeper, lose Mega Punch, and Mew cannot learn every attack.

I would go for:

- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
He can technically learn all possible moves from TM/HMs like Arceus. But he doesn't learn every move naturally. If it's a TM/HM Mew/Arceus can learn it. If it isn't they really can't learn it. Maybe Arceus can because of the form change but still.

I think Paperfairy was talking about Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Draco Meteor. These are the only Tutor Moves it can't learn.
Also, Arceus can't learn all TM's and Tutor Moves but Draco Meteor (if it is holding the Draco Plate).

I was talking about a handful of moves; Mew can't learn the majority of Pokémon attacks. As of DP, Mew can only learn 12 (level set + XD) + 100 TM/HM moves (mind you, Mew already naturally learns some of these), and about 30 Tutor moves (again, same thing). That's only 142, out of the 200+ attacks.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom