• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Best Post-Game Boss?

Reaction score
So here are the three post-game bosses up till now. After the credits roll, you start out on a new journey fresh with your powerful pokemon, and train and train to ultimately reach the strongest trainer you could meet.

Red of GSC/HGSS, Steven Stone of Emerald, and Alder of BW.

1. Who has the best team?

2. Who was the most challenging?

3. Who had been overall enjoyable?

4. And therefore, who would you like to battle again?

*This is NOT the Champion Poll. The reason Alder is in the poll is because you technically beat him as a boss AFTER the credits roll for the first time.*

Giovanni is not in the poll because you need to trigger the Celebi event, which some people might not have been able to do even with legit games. The rest, however, you can do without any limited events.

Cynthia is not included because I chose only ONE final boss per generation.

Last edited:
Who has the best team?
Tie.I really liked Alder's half-bug team and Steven's steel defensive team,but I also like all of Red's Pokemon (except Espeon in Gen.II)

Who was the most challenging?
Steven.

Who had been overall enjoyable?
Red and Steven.

And therefore, who would you like to battle again?
Red. The way the games prepare you for the battle by dropping a hint here and there made my first battle against him really epic.

Probably Alder's. I like the whole half-bug thing, it makes me picture Alder as a former bug catcher.

Red in the original G/S/C.

Red, due to the sheer epicness.

I wouldn't actually want to battle Red again in a different game. I see that as a right reserved for Gold.

Who has the best team?

Red. Alder has too many Bugs, none of Steven's Pokemon - aside from Metagross - are much challenge and many of them share the same weaknesses. Excluding the Rival from D/P/PT, Red has the strongest in-game team to date.

Red again, especially in HG/SS. A massive step-up from everything else you've faced so far. Even his Pikachu is incredibly dangerous with a Light Ball.

Red once more. You're facing your predecessor in an epic and somewhat poignant battle; it sends shivers down my spine. Alder and Steven could never hope to match that.

Hmm, probably Steven, actually. I fear a Red rematch wouldn't have quite the same impact as before. Steven should have been an opponent in HG/SS.

But overall, Red is by far my favourite.

Red was almost scary, when I battled him at Mt Silver in G/S/C. I remember being freaked out, when I spoke to him and realising he wasn't an ordinary in game trainer. Also his expression seemed emotionless in his sprite as well.

Red has the best team consisting the four basic elements to win a battle and some.

Red again was the most challenging of all for his strategic battle nature in game.

Red was most enjoyable in Gen 2, but not as much in HG/SS. Still the most enjoyable of all of them.

I would battle Red in Gen 2 again and maybe again in HG/SS

Red is the best for me no doubt!

Last edited:
Who has the best team?
Red, mainly 'cause he's the only one I've battled. ._. *is lame* Well, I don't even know the other two Pokemon in his team since I can't get past his stinkin' Lapras! *frustrated, foaming from mouth*

I haven't even gotten past Red yet, so, Red. ._.

I've only battled Red, but he's not enjoyable. ._.

Maybe... After I loose, yet again, I will. *dies*

Steven , I like his battle theme and looks. Shame you can't rematch him in Emerald, unlike Red in the Johto games.

Red was very difficult to beat, he has a good team and I have really enjoyed that battle in which I have finally beaten him... and I'd love to battle him again.

Red would be my favorite since he's a bit of a challenge to beat. Also, though it's very minor and unimportant, another reason why I liked him in the original GSC battle was cause of his Espeon, sucks that it's replaced for Lapras in HGSS (even though it does make sense).

I do also like Steven and Alder though, but by that point for me they weren't as challenging.

Red is honestly my favourite as well, just the idea you can battle a past protagonist makes the world feel more interconnected and adds a sense of progression between generations. I’m glad he’s basically become this mystical character nowadays and I’d like other protagonists to get the same treatment.

Of course Red had the best team, with all the starters ... and a lot of different type.

2. Who was the most challenging ?
The one I struggled the most was Steven. Also the most enjoyable, he helped me throughout the story.

Um ... Okay Red is most important, most personified, and there's a lot of lore around him.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom