• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best replacement for Brock

Who would be the best replacement for Brock in the HGSS Arc?

• Eusine

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Gary

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Paul

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Ritchie

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Tracey

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Todd

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Max

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Kenta/Yoshi/Jimmy

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Jackson/Vincent

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Silver (HGSS rival, whatever-his-name-is)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Brock should stay

Votes: 55 41.7%
  • No need for the third guy

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
Either Kris/Soul or Leaf's anime counterpart,in my opinion. A new character would be nice..

If you mean someone that has already appeared..Ritchie sounds nice. I doubt they would put Jimmy in,despite HGSS.

But,if he does go away,I doubt it would be for long. It'd probably be like Tracey.

All of Ash's other friends got MUCH closer to their goals after they split with Ash, why doesn't Brock do the same?

While that can be said in Mays or Traceys case,in Mistys case being a gym leader can only get her so far.In order to become stronger(eventually becoming one of strongest water trainers like Prima or Wallace are) its needed to leave said position for longer period of time,advancing her goal through water events,battling against stronger challengers than she encounter at gym etc.In other words,besically folowing Wallace footsteps(who left gym in order to further his ambitions).

1. Brock should stay
2. if he needs to leave, gimme Max! There's a reason I started the Max fan club group you know, and that's because Max is one of my favourite characters. I hope he comes back as a trainer some day, but in Ash's place, not in Brock's place.

*yawn* This thead was boring to read -______-
I say we keep Takeshi.

Misty is on my list of "Pokemon Characters Who Are Overated" for sure. I mean, what other character did almost 50% of fans stop watching the show for?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. It seems to me that at the height of it's popularity in the late 90s-early 2000s, the show had MISTY as one of its main characters.

I don't think the show started to decline in popularity until Misty left. Just sayin...

I think Brock should stay. Who would cook and be comic relief by flirting with girls. The show wouldn't feel the same with all the years he has been included as a main character.

Eventually he'll probably be replaced by someone new, there just has to be something major in the games worth filling for a third character.

Eventually he'll probably be replaced by someone new, there just has to be something major in the games worth filling for a third character.

I doubt they will use a third competition of pokemon. BTW what ever happened to Brock as a Pokemon Breeder? For all the desire to leave the gym and become a Breeder, Brock still decides to join the group.

Or maybe, he'll be like Satoshi and TR and stick around forever ;-)

Really? Really? You really wanna get your hopes up for someone who gets uber development and does stuff, just to find that he or she does exactly what Takeshi did? You'll be the one bitching at the eventual outcome...

Really? Really? You really wanna get your hopes up for someone who gets uber development and does stuff, just to find that he or she does exactly what Takeshi did? You'll be the one bitching at the eventual outcome...

At this point, I'll even take Tracey over Brock again, even though I know it would never happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. It seems to me that at the height of it's popularity in the late 90s-early 2000s, the show had MISTY as one of its main characters.

I don't think the show started to decline in popularity until Misty left. Just sayin...

EXACTLY. Everyone stopped watching it when freaking Misty left. WTF? I don't see what was so important about her that she had to leave and take 99.9% of the viewers with her.

She better not come back, or I'm not watching it again till she leaves.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom