• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Starter Pokemon?

Best Starter?

• Total voters
Re: Best starter Poekmon?

I was always a fan of squirtle, but I decided to vote for Piplup. He just seems to have more personality, and is cute.

Voted for Chimchar, but I love cyndaquill too (although I never played Gold/Silver/Crystal, I just like his design^^).

Pikachu is the best, as it's the only Electric-type one.

This is definetly a popularity contest. Not a "Who's Best" debate. When it comes to that, I feel that everybody should compare the topic, in this case Starters, and make a decision based on who is the actual best Starter. Still I say Charmander because he is great.

My favorite starter is probably Cyndaquil or Totodile. Cyndaquil was the first starter I ever chose, as Gold was the first Pokemon game I played. So, it'll always have a special place in my heart. :)

This is definetly a popularity contest. Not a "Who's Best" debate. When it comes to that, I feel that everybody should compare the topic, in this case Starters, and make a decision based on who is the actual best Starter. Still I say Charmander because he is great.
I was wondering which one is the most popular.
And my favourite isn't even up there T_T

My favorite is Cyndaquil. The best... well, the fire/fighting duos are good, but Swampert has immunity to electricity... It's hard to say best. I'd go with my fav.

whoops, I got it wrong about charmander, appearently cydaquil gets chosen the most. I also kindof expected it (With HG/SS coming)

Cyndaquil and Squirtle I think are better to start out with

HOWEVER I voted for Charmander since it's so damn cool

Charmander because it's cute and evolves into a mighty dragon Charizard

Last edited:

i voted turtwig, as I love torterra. It's a moving island. But the best stat wise, is either chimchar or totodile

Charizard is the best Pokemon ever along with Lucario and Dragonite. If you don't love charmander you have no soul.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom