• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best team to take on Elite Four (+Champion) in ORAS?

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
Alright, I’m thinking of challenging the Elite Four but I’m a bit nervous to do so, because I think I might lose again (afaik I haven’t challenged them in this game, at least in my data, I deleted data a number of times, if you want to know how many times and what data, feel free to ask; I probably challenged them before but i don’t remember to be honest)

Anyway, here’s what my team is:
Blaziken
Current Lv: 51
Moveset: Blaze Kick, Strength, Rock Smash, Bulk Up
Nature: Mild

Beautifly
Current Lv: 48
Moveset: Silver Wind, Bug Buzz, Secret Power, Air Cutter
Nature: Hardy

Skitty
Current Lv: 53
Moveset: Play Rough, Double-Edge, Wake-Up Slap, Disarming Voice
Nature: Bashful

Latias (you can probably tell what version I’m playing with this and the next Pokémon)
Current Lv: 50
Moveset: Fly, Dragon Breath, Zen Headbutt, Shadow Ball
Nature: Hardy

Kyogre
Current Lv: 52
Moveset: Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Origin Pulse
Nature: Hasty

Pikachu (cosplay)
Current Lv: 24 (i know i know it needs more and more training to be on par with the others)
Moveset: Quick Attack, Electro Ball, Thunder Wave, Draining Kiss
Nature: Calm

Thanks! I’m gonna try to defeat the Elite Four and Champion next time I play and I’ll post an update after I win/lose (I’m letting my 3DS charge and I don’t plan on playing it until later when it’s not during sleeping hours like now lol)

Right. Next time I play, I’m going to start training Pikachu and get it around the same level as the rest of the team (like between Lv. 48-54)

My AS team was Sceptile, Linoone, Pikachu Libre, Latias, Castform, Kecleon. Sceptile and Latias are super good of course, Pikachu was awesome earlier in the game, Castform with all 3 weather moves + Weather Ball is situationally awesome but impractical. Linoone was OK enough for a while then demoted to HM duty, Kecleon can be fun to play with Color Change.

That’s cool! My team for defeating the Elite 4 + the Champion (in OR) consisted of Swampert (my starter), a Xatu (got in either Wonder Trade or an online regular trade, was about Lv. 30? when I got it), a Latios, Glalie (through Special Demo), yet ANOTHER underleveled Cosplay Pikachu (likely either Libre or PhD), and Mesprit. (Only five of these were nicknamed) I defeated them around two years ago.
Swampert was assigned HM Duty but I ended up deleting some HM moves, so I could give it a better moveset. I have also changed some of my other mons’ movesets AND stocked up on healing items (When I battled Liza and Tate, one of the Pokémon I used was Cosplay Pikachu. I lost to them one to two times before “scaring” myself into winning, which is literally just buying healing items and not using them).
Edit to add: My copy of AS was a used copy I got in 2016 when I first got a 3DS, and the one that owned it before me had a Sceptile as their starter (I don’t remember what the rest of their team was, strangely enough).

Bumping this thread because I also realized I might have given my team different moves or leveled them up and I also forgot characteristics.
I didn’t change their moves and they didn’t level up, but here’s their characteristics and highest stats.

Blaziken: Impetuous and silly, highest stat: HP
Beautifly: Alert to sounds, highest stat: HP
Skitty: Thoroughly cunning, highest stat: HP
Latias (forgot to mention I named it after a Team Aqua admin): Alert to sounds, highest stat: Sp. Def
Kyogre: Capable of taking hits, highest stat: HP
Pikachu: Capable of taking hits, highest stat: HP

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom