• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes! dub title revealed: Ash's Pikachu event details also announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, We will get the English names for Iris and Dento soon....

Well, that's already been ruined for me, given what happened with the VA change in 2006. :eek:hdear:

And since I don't expect to see major changes with the voice acting, I've decided not to watch the Pokemon Black and White series. However, even though I did watch the D/P series, it's best for me to stop with Pokemon Black and White, knowing that there's no way I will enjoy it.

The original states that Ash is back down to 10 years old. Watch the dub have his same voice from the D/P dub. That's what I'm worried about. <:C

I'm sticking with the original for the anime.

The original states that Ash is back down to 10 years old. Watch the dub have his same voice from the D/P dub. That's what I'm worried about. <:C
Same here. I'm worried about that as well... =(

What TPCi is doing with the Black and White dub makes no sense.

I'm sticking with the original for the anime.
That's a pretty good idea.

Of course, my problem with watching anime in Japanese is that I don't understand the language. So maybe I should try watching the subs. ^^;

Sure BW might be "similar" to Kanto in some ways, but it is a continuation from the past series. So, shouldn't his voice build on from how it was in DP rather than magically go back to how it was at the start of the series?
No it shouldn't, because of 3 reasons.

1) Ash had the same voice for 8 years, and most dub fans grew up with his original voice.

2) With Black and White being similar to Kanto and Ash looking different than he did in D/P, with his new design, it would actually make more sense for them to go back to his original voice.

3) In Japan, Ash (Satoshi) has the same voice he's had since the beginning of the show. It seems Best Wishes is supposed to be nostalgic, because of the similarities to Kanto. Therefore, in order for dub fans to have the same viewing experience as Japan, we should have the original voice too.

Last edited:
No, because of 3 reasons.

1) Ash had the same voice for 8 years, and most dub fans grew up with his original voice.

2) With Black and White being similar to Kanto and Ash looking different than he did in D/P, with his new design, it would actually make more sense for them to go back to his original voice.

3) In Japan, Ash (Satoshi) has the same voice he's had since the beginning of the show. It seems Best Wishes is supposed to be nostalgic, because of the similarities to Kanto. Therefore, in order for dub fans to have the same viewing experience as Japan, we should have the original voice too.

Like I said, sure it might be similar but that doesn't change the fact the series is picking off from where it left in DP. This isn't like it's a reboot of the entire show and Ash is starting all over again.

Sorry for joining in with the off topic discussion, but whilst the original VA of Ash was around for 8 years, the newer voice actress has also been around for 5 years. Which is almost the same amount of time. It'd seem pretty cruel to make her lose her job to re-hire an old voice actor after 5 years. Kind of defeats the purpose of not firing anyone.

I'm sure it will be fine, the new series, don't worry.

Like I said, sure it might be similar but that doesn't change the fact the series is picking off from where it left in DP. This isn't like it's a reboot of the entire show and Ash is starting all over again.
Yes, this is a reboot of the entire show. How could it not be?

Ash is the only character left from the previous series, since Brock is gone. And Team Rocket is evil again like they were in early season one. And Ash turns his hat backwards again like he did back in Kanto.

That sounds like a reboot to me. I mean, there's too many similarities to Kanto, for Best Wishes/Black and White not to be a reboot.

Sorry for joining in with the off topic discussion, but whilst the original VA of Ash was around for 8 years, the newer voice actress has also been around for 5 years. Which is almost the same amount of time. It'd seem pretty cruel to make her lose her job to re-hire an old voice actor after 5 years. Kind of defeats the purpose of not firing anyone.
Well, that's certainly true. You're right about that. ^^;

But, the same thing can also be said for the VA change that happened in 2006. I don't think it was necessary for them to fire the original Ash VA either.

Anyway, that's enough about that, since this isn't the proper place to discuss it. Getting back on topic, I guess I just wanna see nostalgia return to the Pokemon dub, considering how the Black and White dub WILL be similar to Kanto (writing-wise).

I'm sure it will be fine, the new series, don't worry.
But, it's hard for me not to worry about the dub, when the Japanese writers already made the Best Wishes series similar to Kanto. Now I wish they hadn't done that. :-(

Last edited:
Well, it's hard for me not to worry about the dub, when the Japanese writers already made the Best Wishes series similar to Kanto. Now I wish they hadn't done that. :-(

And if TPCi replaces some of the music, their music better be different and better than their DP dub music.

Yes, this is a reboot of the entire show. How could it not be?

Ash is the only character left from the previous series, since Brock is gone. And Team Rocket is evil again like they were in early season one. And Ash turns his hat backwards again like he did back in Kanto.

That sounds like a reboot to me. I mean, there's too many similarities to Kanto, for Best Wishes/Black and White not to be a reboot.

I have to disagree on it being alot like kanto. It has similarities but it's not that much like kanto.

Also reboot last I checked means chucking everything out the window and starting from scratch. Ash still had items from DP in episode 1 of best wishes. He's not a beginner trainer either.

It's more of a back to basics more than anything which isn't actually the same. You can make a new show with back to basics and continue on from a past series. That said things have changed so much over the years that whoever is in charge of overall plot would do the back to basics to what they believed was the basics which some people may or maynot agree with.

Team rocket aren't the same as season 1 in my opinion. Last I checked in season one they were a mix of serious and comedy and were obsessed with getting Pikachu.

That isn't black and white team rocket at all.

In black and white they obviously got a promotion for one reason or another between DP and Best wishes.

With black and white team rocket I don't expect any episodes like holy matrimony at all. I don't expect them to even attack Ash much at all or even appear in an episode. They're running a completely separate story and very rarely ever confront with Ash. There's been many episodes already where they never even see Ash at all.

Their obsession with Pikachu is gone. They're more concerned about this mission that Giovanni has got them on. I don't expect them to be stealing Pikachu anymore at all in black and white.

I don't expect them to blast off becuase that has obviously been gotten rid of. No more pitfall traps, no more funny robots ect.
All gone.

I expect at the most for them to have a showdown with plasma when the story eventually boots up.

I'm personally looking forwards to seeing how much they develop with this new change they've gotten now. Me and my brother were discussing evil things they could do and got ourselves excited about the possibilities.

I've already seen quite a number of japanese best wishes episodes and unlike others I find the show is quite different due to team rocket themselves. Though it's pretty interesting because it opens up new possibilities that I'm excited about.

As for Ash. Personally I don't care who's voicing him. Thing is both VA's will have to adapt to his new personality anyway that will develop as black and white goes along.

Thing is his forgetfulness happens at the beginning of every region. That's not new. He always resets and his personality develops depending on the characters that come in. In the end Black and white Ash won't be like kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh Ash. It'll be black and white Ash. That's how I see it. Then once that's over his personality will reset again and Ash will develop differently again.

Ash is interacting with different characters who have different personalities. He's going to grow and change in different ways.

Of course this is all my opinion. Everyone has different opinions about the show currently.

Anyway I'm waiting on the dub and am excited.
Pity I won't be able to see more of it till it comes to Australia. I'm really trying to do everything legit as of recent meaning no more japanese episodes which means I have to wait to see more episodes.XP

Last edited:
Well, Ash's Pikachu begins tomorrow at Toys"R"US stores. I will probably wait until Monday, the 31st, when Shiny Suicune is available at Gamestop. Get both Pokemon all in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom