• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening and Ending

The translation is fairly typical. Every song is pretty much 'yeah, you didn't win the league but hey, next time you might. Don't give up' xD

The song is growing on me actually.

The opening was okay, but I didn't care for it as much as the ending.

The ending was totally AWSOME! The song itself is so catchy; it's been stuck in my head since I heard it. I was so surprised at seeing all the old main characters again along with some rivals. I was particularly happy at seeing Misty, May, Max, Brock, Gary, and Paul. This only makes me that more hopeful at seeing Misty and Gary appear during the series. Brock I'm indifferent to. I'd be nice to see him again, but I'd rather see characters I haven't see in person in a while.

Paul holding hands with Gary was the best thing ever! Especially when he looks so annoyed.

Seeing Misty in her old clothes was kind of strange when May, Brock, and Gary all wore their newer outfits. I also thought it was weird that Brock's Onix and Happiny weren't evolved and Misty was seen with Togetic, but it's not that big of a problem. Psyduck looked so aborable, though.

Overall I'd give the opening a 6/10 and the ending a 10/10.

Maybe this is the writers way of saying, "Yeah we should have evolved Togepi back in the middle of Johto, sorry for that?" etc.

Um... no? That's ridiculous. The animators that couldn't get Onix's present stage of evolution right probably weren't making some coded apology for the immense and persistent pain the Johto saga still causes you in the two seconds of ending animation that Misty and Togetic appear in 10 years after she left the show. There was an inconsistency in the outfit. Nothing else to it.

What? Gary only appeared in 4 episodes with his new clothes.

The last episode of AG and then he only got 3 DP episodes. Where did you get the idea Gary got 10 episodes? Everyone knows he barely appeared in DP.
I'm saying he hardly appeared as a character across the whole series (10 was my vague guess of episodes he appeared in in his old outfit, it might be closer to 20 but still low) - so appearing 4 times with his new outfit is a bit different in his case than the outfits May and Misty wore for a similar number of episodes.

What? Gary only appeared in 4 episodes with his new clothes.

The last episode of AG and then he only got 3 DP episodes. Where did you get the idea Gary got 10 episodes? Everyone knows he barely appeared in DP.
I'm saying he hardly appeared as a character across the whole series (10 was my vague guess of episodes he appeared in in his old outfit, it might be closer to 20 but still low) - so appearing 4 times with his new outfit is a bit different in his case than the outfits May and Misty wore for a similar number of episodes.

Technically May's Emerald outfit was only in 2 episodes. Remember during the Wallace episodes she was wearing a Contest outfit. So technically May's Emerald outfit was only in 2 measly episodes...less than Gary and Misty's new clothes.

Gary wore his new outfit for 4 episodes, and Misty's was in 5 as well as the Mastermind special. So again, doesn't make sense why May and Gary are represented by their most recent updated designs, (as well as Ash and Brock too for that matter), while Misty has been regressed to her old Kanto look that hasn't been used in an episode since...2003?

I don't know why, but I kinda like that Georgia was sad that Iris left town and us seeing Iris sending a Wingull mail.

IDK.

Not a shipper or anything, but I think it's neat that she cares. Say what you want about their rivalry, but at least Georgia wanted Iris to be a better trainer all around. You rarely have rivals like that and to me that scene they gave her in the ending was right up her character's alley. Georgia really did care, but she wasn't a Mary Sue.

To me, Georgia's a Zoey done right.

To me, Georgia's a Zoey done right.
Partially right, I think. That battle during the Junior Cup was cheap and her departure wasn't good at all. Also, she had a Pokédex but never mentioned anything about gym badges, even though one of the Gym Leaders is a Dragon Master from Iris's village.

The ending is so awesome that a smile always grows up whenever I hear and watch it. At the same time, it's kind of awful, because things like this occurs when the anime is reaching its end, but I don't think that's the case here.

New Dubbed Pokemon episodes come out on Saturdays right? So Episode N of the Dub will end on July 20th and the beginning of DA will start on the 27th until October 19th. Though would be unrealistic for the anime to either make another short arc or to start the anime of XY but refrain from showing important aspects? IE: Gym battles, important characters, etc...? Or is that too much of a stretch?

The ending theme is good but what does that matter to me if the series itself sucks?! I mean we have a lot of dumb fillers and probably none of those old characters will show up(unless Ash does have some sort of birthday party) and even though they would, I'm sure that most of those rivals won't be coming. And with those characters in their old clothes? I want to see them in new ones with new pokemon by their sides, not thoughts that were last in the minds of fans.

The ending theme is good but what does that matter to me if the series itself sucks?!
That's why this thread is for the opening and ending, not the series itself. Anyway, if they are going to bring at least some old characters back, this is the time to do it. Kind of like a fanservice filler. I just hope they don't screw it with a massive amount of non important nor memorable fillers, but I don't think we can speculate too much with just a few episodes revealed.

It's rather obvious none of these characters are appearing in episodes, they're just in an ending to acknowledge the shows history.

Is it me or is it creepy seeing Paul holding hands and being with all of Ash's friends like that? Just doesn't fit his character =/
That being said, they really are trying to pull out every thing to try bring in the ratings, even though we know none of them will appear in this show.
Maybe Bel and Paul, I could see Paul being the one to tell Ash about the new region..From the ending it looks like Bel will have some thing to do.

Haha, Shinji's probably figuring out ways to murder Satoshi. Slow, and painful ways.

Is it just me, or is Pikachu missing from the final shot? Or maybe he too de-evolved...

First hearing people here liking the new ending so much and then seeing it myself...I guess it was okay, but really nothing special. I just listened it and I can't remember the melody anymore.

Re: Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening

New opening is awesome, abuse of fanserviceness aside.
I see people already noted how it's the second opening sang by a male (AND OMYGOSH NOT RICA)

The ending was song wasn't that great. But the ending itself was very fitting. Very farewell Isshu like.
Lots and lots of fanservice again, though. I mean all companions including Takeshi and Kasumi, then you have pretty much all worshipped pokémon in the same ending...

Wow, the opening really fits the summery and comic-relief theme of this arc, it's perfect. And the song's not bad either. :D

As for the ending, very catchy music and VERY AMAZING VISUALS! I mean, asdfghjklč-ć - i just love it. :3

Opening: Fine, adventurous, sounds like another Fairy Tail OP.
Ending: OMG! Catchy and sung by Ebichu! WAY TO GO Ebichu! Also, it's now my most favorite because of Paul and Gary and May, Max, Dawn, Brock, and their pokemon being there as well as... SYLVEON! OMG! I think I'll hold hands with Volkner, Surge, Elesa, Wattson, and a bunch of Ampharos!

ENDING = AWESOME

Never saw Max and May and Misty since High Touch! in a theme song. Great job!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom