• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening and Ending

I guess this ending proves only Gary and Paul are important older rivals. Others like Barry, Richie, Drew, Harley, Zoey and Kenny were all deemed unimportant and throwaway.

I sensed that these Youtube posts about the new opening and ending must be removed due to this forum policy. Seems the moderators forgot to police any user that violate the forum rules and regulations.

The Rules said:
Youtube links to full or partial Pokémon episodes, movies, shorts, or specials are not allowed if they are longer than 2 minutes.

Read the rules before you say users here are breaking rules as well as criticising staff. No one here has done anything wrong, and I request that next time you report anything you think is rule-breaking rather than deciding to post and not contribute anything, which does actually break the Pointless Post rule.

Episode openings and endings will always be fair game to post here, as they should be.

I guess this ending proves only Gary and Paul are important older rivals. Others like Barry, Richie, Drew, Harley, Zoey and Kenny were all deemed unimportant and throwaway.
I doubt that any of the Best Wishes rivals will be included in future montages, either.

It would be too many people around if they were all in!

tumblr_mltqq9ljrh1s0hjr6o1_500.png

Better watch out for Zekrom guys...

Yet they did it anyways; I'm unable to readily think of a more valid theory as to why they would have done so.

I actually think the animators dislike Kasumi's Advanced Generation outfit... remember during the Lovecus special where they had her wear the yellow sleeveless jumper and blue shorts?

I remember that episode, but I always thought it was set in between the old outfit and the use of the new one. A transition.

Yet they did it anyways; I'm unable to readily think of a more valid theory as to why they would have done so.

I actually think the animators dislike Kasumi's Advanced Generation outfit... remember during the Lovecus special where they had her wear the yellow sleeveless jumper and blue shorts?

I remember that episode, but I always thought it was set in between the old outfit and the use of the new one. A transition.

Misty didn't have Togepi in that special so I don't know why you thought that.

Oh my god this opening and ending

It's times like these where I realize how much I love the new anime regardless of the hate it gets from some people. The opening was beautiful but the ending touched me even more; so glad to see everyone there and I just am so happy from watching it. <3

EDIT: OMG TRIP TOOK A PICTURE OF ME

I'll just discuss my sentiments regarding the two.

Opening:

The music here, I think, is better than the ending, though I prefer the ending overall for slightly blatant reasons full of bias. It gives a cheery summery feel, with its slight use of yellows (Combee, sunflowers, Sunflora), in my view, and this was effective. I know he was letting him free to run, however Dento almost seeming as if he was throwing Pansage out of his arms cracked me up.

Ending:

The idea of a worldwide contact through the remains of communication devices was precious and that feeling of connecting with the folks back home was refreshing, in addition. The Wingull mail system is so fitting to contact a small village such as the Village of the Dragons, that was a great move. Also, I feel Chili was suitable to take the text, as Cress is less nonchalant about that sort of thing when working, I bet, and given the episode with Chili as well.
The BW rival call conference looks so incredibly amusing, but I find it important that the rivals made friendships with another, BW, I believe made an intriguing attempt of putting more of an emphasis of the rivals' interactions with another than previous sagas, and I can see that here. I'm delighted that Cabernet is working diligently, it almost gives me hope that she'll climb up a rank, with her pile of books and headband, yelling furiously into her device at the others. Shooti taking a photograph at the audience is pretty awesome, too.
The friendship moments between the Pokemon are pretty nice too; especially Stunfisk riding on top of Crustle. I noticed they managed to slip in Syvleon in too, along with the other Eevees on the Pokeballs. What's interesting is the slight change of hand-holding as the scene pans out, and the slight switch of Pokemon, such as Cabernet having Stoutland behind her, but when it pans out, it is Dewott.

The music was peppy, but I wasn't in love with it at all.

Last edited:
Professor Juniper: I'm sorry, Bel, but Best Wishes is ending soon.

Bel: NO! I wanted to be in more episodes! :bawl:

*calls rivals to let them know*

Burgundy: Dammit, I was studying to be a better connoisseur & beat that queer! :mad:

Kenyan: I got some good moments, so I'm cool :)

Langley: Great, that means my last appearance was in that shitty, shitty Junior Cup arc :-(

Let's move on. Do the OP/ED mean that we are going to see Chili/Cilan/Unova rivals again? At least for Chili/Cilan, I'm quite sure, and I hope that they evolve their monkeys (we haven't seen them since Clubsplosion evolved). What do you think?

I noticed that Shigeru and Shinji were seen holding hands... do they have shippers yet?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom