• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening and Ending

There is something I noticed aside Misty wearing her old outfit. What the heck is an Onix doing in there? Who are you and what did you did to Steelix?!

Misty being only character which wears old attire
Considering that she's in her old attire in the Charizard flashback, and that there's a chance we could see another flashback with her in come Butterfree, it'd only make sense to have her wear an outfit that most people are familiar with her wearing.
But in that case, Brock should also be with his Original Series clothes and he is not.

But in that case, Brock should also be with his Original Series clothes and he is not.
The audience wouldn't as readily recognize him in his OS attire as they would Misty, since he remained on the main cast for two additional sagas and changed clothes each time.

... You know, at the risk of sounding deluded, I think I'm close to throwing my hat in the ring with PF123. If Misty makes another flashback appearance in the Butterfree episode, I could see myself believing that the writers MIGHT be prepping for her to rejoin the main cast. It's simply bizarre, why, after so many years of absence on the show, would she make two flashback (and if the second one does happen, she'll play a much larger role in it due to her interactions with Caterpie/Metapod and being the one to encourage Ash to say goodbye to Butterfree) and an ending theme appearances in the span of a few months? With this ending overtly hinting at an at least partial main cast reunion in Pallet/Kanto, it would be an ideal time for it to happen.

I love this opening and ending so, so much. They're so feel-good but not overly saccharine. Summerly Slope might be in my Top 5 favorite Pokémon openings. ^^

I just noticed that isn't Pachirisu on Dawn's head, but Emonga.

Another mistake?

Seems like the Pokemon were just hastily put together in the scrolling scene. Marill and Pansage are nowhere to be found in that circle, and none of Ash's Unova Pokemon are even in that scene.

OH GOD THEY REMEMBERED TOGETIC. :D

Also, Pidgeot's in that final scene, to the left, next to Kingler. So, there ya go.

You know I just realized we dodged a shipping bullet here. The only female lead Ash is holding hands with is Iris, imagine if it were the others?

Iris and Dawn met so them holding hands made sense. May is holding hands with Brock and Max as they were companions in AG.

Lastly Misty is holding hands with Max because Misty's final regular episode was about her and Max

You know I just realized we dodged a shipping bullet here. The only female lead Ash is holding hands with is Iris, imagine if it were the others?

Iris and Dawn met so them holding hands made sense. May is holding hands with Brock and Max as they were companions in AG.

Lastly Misty is holding hands with Max because Misty's final regular episode was about her and Max
Now all I'm thinking of are the artists and animators bickering over who holds who's hand while sloppily drawing Pokemon that their fuzzy recollections vaguely remember each cast member owning. Would explain Onix and Emolga :lol

These are probably the two coolest Openings and Endings in Best Wishes...they're actually pretty fluidly animated and quite fun.

Anyone catch the random Dunsparce thrown in the Butterfree/Combee scene? I think that's important...

Opening was okay. Nothing extraordinary about it, however. The footage was just the usual fluff they have in the openings, people running around everywhere and whatnot, so that was a bit boring, but at least it didn't contain stock-footage. As for the singing I'd prefer Rica and Fumie Akiyoshi over this guy, but still, it was decent.

The ending was really good. It's been a while since there was a fully animated ending so that was really refreshing. I liked all the scenes and throwbacks to previous series, and of course you can't go wrong with Iwane's animation. The Shinji holding hand scene was awkward, and I've noticed that Crustle really likes to fly as of late :p

Inconsequential observance, but I noticed that Ash and Misty have the most of their Pokemon around them there, a total of 5 for each of them. Everyone else has 2 at the most, besides Iris who has 3.

Kinda weird.

I find it odd how May has Beautifly and Munchlax out but no Blaziken behind her.

Well I guess this is the closest we'll ever get to seeing the entire main cast together, I doubt we'll ever see this in an actual episode.

Blaziken is behind her when the camera starts zooming out, at least.

Don't know if i'm seeing it wrong, but I can't find Ash's Snivy on this picture. It seems to hold all the Pokémon of the characters on the picture, but I'm missing to see her.
I can't find her, either. Also missing are Brock's Sudowoodo, Misty's Staryu and Corsola, May's Wartortle and Glaceon, and Dawn's Pachirisu and Quilava.

I'm having a hard time recognizing the small blue Pokémon next to Lapras, since the lyrics obscure its body. Also, what is that thing between Cameron and Chili?

In that final zoom-out scene in the ending.....

...Where's Pikachu?

Ash's right shoulder :))

That aside, it was a great opening, not as a song, but as footage. It is old and new at the same time. Loved the Joey/Jenny scenes

As for the ending, NO WORDS! All the characters appear. Again, the music doesn't matter. It was just great!

Paul is back!

Forgot to mention how cute were the first three scenes of the ending :))
I wish Wingull delievered my messages...

There are actually people angry that Brock's Happiny and Onix aren't evolved and that Misty is in her old Kanto outfit, lol.

Don't know if i'm seeing it wrong, but I can't find Ash's Snivy on this picture. It seems to hold all the Pokémon of the characters on the picture, but I'm missing to see her.
I can't find her, either. Also missing are Brock's Sudowoodo, Misty's Staryu and Corsola, May's Wartortle and Glaceon, and Dawn's Pachirisu and Quilava.

I'm having a hard time recognizing the small blue Pokémon next to Lapras, since the lyrics obscure its body. Also, what is that thing between Cameron and Chili?

I don't know about the others but Sudowoodo and Quilava can actually be seen in the last group shot. I know because I looked for all of Haruka's Pokémon in the last scene and couldn't find Glaceon, Wartortle and Beautifly, but I found the awesome TR-section of the image so it wasn't time wasted....I keep telling that to me at least.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom