• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening and Ending

So much to love about to opening and ending!!!

First off Paul is there almost lost it!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but did I see Eevee's new evolution?!?!?! I think it was sitting on a Luxary Ball near Leafeon!!!

I'm having a hard time recognizing the small blue Pokémon next to Lapras, since the lyrics obscure its body. Also, what is that thing between Cameron and Chili?

That's the only Pokemon under the lyrics that I can't make out.

But that's Ninjask between Cameron and Chilli.

A Gastrodon. Could be Cynthia's.
It looks too small to be a Gastrodon, and it doesn't really look like a Shellos, either.

Torkoal crying.
Torkoal is behind Chili. I'm referring to the creature that is right below Cameron and Chili's arms.

TeddiUrsa said:
I don't know about the others but Sudowoodo and Quilava can actually be seen in the last group shot.
I can't find Sudowoodo, and there is only one Quilava, which should be Ash's (especially as it's right next to Bayleef and Totodile). There's also a Typhlosion, but I doubt it's supposed to be Dawn's.

Tendou Soujirou said:
But that's Ninjask between Cameron and Chilli.
That was my guess at first glance, but it looks really off. I don't see what else it could be, though.

Sudowoodo is under the lyrics near Delibird and Krookodile.

Also, the blue creature near Lapras is the Blue Gastrodon...it's oddly small, but you can tell if you pause the video right before the lyrics cover it up

Some of the Pokemon are drawn weird...look at Drapion.

It looks too small to be a Gastrodon, and it doesn't really look like a Shellos, either.

The Gastrodon there is positioned so that it looks like it's looking straight at the viewer, which is why it looks small.

At the end of the ending, behind Oak, most of Team Rocket's old Pokémon are present :D

The opening was meh. A little slow paced like the dub's current opening/ original Be An Arrow recut. It was great that Mewtwo was in there though.

The ending was fantastic. I loved seeing all the differences in technology! (smart phones, Xtranciever, email, video phone, TR's tablet, and the Villiage of Dragons people probably haven't upgraded so they're shuffling through papers)

Yay N! And Bianca flops again. (I liked how they showed her with Juniper- game reference?) It was also nice of them to show random screenshots of other episodes in there, including the crossdressing ep and Cheren. And any shots of previous characters and Pokémon are a good thing.

And look, Sylveon!

Considering that she's in her old attire in the Charizard flashback, and that there's a chance we could see another flashback with her in come Butterfree, it'd only make sense to have her wear an outfit that most people are familiar with her wearing.

Its definitely possibility now that i think about it. After all most people do associate Misty with OS clothes and since unlike Brock she didn't stayed for two more regions logically writers could use purposely older clothes considering she is much more recognizable that way.

Either way i also agree with your other assessment of being unusual to see after so may years of absence suddenly writers showing her through flashbacks, endings etc throwing references to character and in case they really are preparing to bring her back whether for appearance or something longer this could serve as way of preparing younger audience for someone they might not be familiar with.

Either way i would welcome seeing her again bring great character with potential to make credible continuation of her story in form of exciting, plausible arc.

The opening was really boring. Probably the worst of the entire anime. Goes to show you how there is nothing of interest happening in the next few months.

Why is Garchomp in the ending but not Gible?
Can it mean something (anthing) or I just haven't noticed the Gible?

This ending doesn't like to pull punches. It seems that pokemon species that are owned by more than one character are not seen. There are only one Torterra, Nidoking, Hydreigon, Quilava (oddly enough there is a Typhlosion) seen.

Why do they show Paul and Gary....but apparently May and Dawn's rivals don't get shown at all?

Ash's rivals from AG and all of his DP rivals sans Paul aren't seen, either.

Oddly enough an Empoleon, which could belong to either Barry or Kenny, is present.

A Plusle and Minun are also seen (could belong to Ursula, but can just be there because they're pseudo-mascots).

I don't think the writers had any clue what they were doing with the ending. Some pokemon are left out, others are the wrong evolution, etc

Not all the Pokemon appear to be inserted specifically to represent a major character, some seem like just filler...like there's a Huntail, who no one important owns.

Why is Garchomp in the ending but not Gible?
Can it mean something (anthing) or I just haven't noticed the Gible?

He's in the Ending. He's on the right side around the middle area.

I think Onix and Happiny were kept in because most people would remember them as those Pokemon; Onix only evolved after being given away, and Happiny evolved right near the end of DP.

Then why is Togetic there instead of Togepi?

Why is it there in the first place? She released it :))
I guess Hapinny and Onix are more memorable for Brock than the evolved forms. As for Togetic, just that they wanted to remind us of Mirage Kingdom?

EDIT: Repeated Contrary's words. I'm sorry, didn't check over the last post.

Last edited:
I also just noticed the only two female leads holding hands were Dawn and Iris.

tumblr_mlthyjLGFs1qidshgo1_400.png

Look!!! If we zoom in on Paul's face, he's not REALLY hating everyone in existence or wishing he were elsewhere...

he's actually happy

in the "don't get the wrong idea, i'm still wasting my time" sort of way, but still :')

maybe it's because he spit in his hands before holding gary's

This ending doesn't like to pull punches. It seems that pokemon species that are owned by more than one character are not seen. There are only one Torterra, Nidoking, Hydreigon, Quilava (oddly enough there is a Typhlosion) seen.

Are there two owned Hydreigons around?!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom