• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening and Ending

So no new captures/Evos?

I guess this is just a transition arc to blow time until gen 6 after all.

Last edited:
Yes probably because they rehashes it from the Charizard flashback ep.

Otherwise May wouldn't be in her Emerald outfit since she only wore it for a few episodes.

The ending is really growing one me. The song is kinda meh but Paul and Gary holding hands. I just...never thought i'd live to see that animated xD

I'm surprised Misty was the last main character shown. She's so far away from the center where Ash, Iris, Dawn and Cilan are.

They literally have Misty holding Virgil's hand. Some minor league rival we'll never see again.

I do think Misty and Max holding hands was because of Misty's final episode back in 2005 was about them.

The opening was kinda "meh" I loved the song but the animation left me cold.

the ending was such a fan service but I loved it. I was literally crying because of nostalgia *childhood memories restored*

what the flip!? Clair!? that is totally random. why did they pick her to come back this saga. weird.

That opening wasn;t really that great, I thought. better than the first BW opening, but not nearly as interesting as either of the two be an arrow OPs. only part I really liked was Tr and their new fish sub ^^. plus not a fan of that singer or the song in general. He sounds too much like Kappei Yamaguchi, and now I'm picturing Artemus from Sailor Moon singing the song.

ending is great though! fanservice galore, and I like the song a lot. It really kind of seems like the type of ending that would be used as the last ending of a series. I could even see this ending as being used as like, the special ending that plays in the very last episode. the scenes with some of the rivals really has that "epilogue" type vibe to it, like "here's what all these characters are doing now that the story is over". Still...get out of the ending Kotetsu!!! Don't ever want to see you again! Cease to exist!

This new ED seriously made my day. Really, after 12+ hours I'm STILL all giddy over this. I just love how Trip's not cool enough to not only not qualify to be in the BW rival circle of friends, but he's also not cool enough to be with the previous "main" rivals of the series, Paul and Gary. XD

speaking of paul

PAAAAAAUUUUULLLLL you bitch you show us your BW shoujo eyes you stubborn bastard ahahahaha

I think this is the first time BW has legitimately made me EXTREMELY happy. This, this right here. This ending.

The last shot actually seems to show more than one of a respective character's Pokemon behind them. I kinda figured they wouldn't put in Electivire because Paul and Gary both have one and that could've been confusing but what do I know hahahaha. Magmortar was a pretty random choice, obviously I would've preferred Torterra but I guess they didn't want a huge-ass Pokemon like Torterra hogging up space. That Aggron on top of Electivire and Magmortar might be Paul's too? :eek:

in any case

PAUL

I feel so... renewed. LIKE I REMEMBER I HAD A PURPOSE IN MY LIFE BEFORE BW SUCKED AWAY MY SPIRIT.

but yeah I would've preferred to have like say, Barry in this opposed to freaking Shannon :p

I'm surprised Misty was the last main character shown. She's so far away from the center where Ash, Iris, Dawn and Cilan are.

They literally have Misty holding Virgil's hand. Some minor league rival we'll never see again.

I do think Misty and Max holding hands was because of Misty's final episode back in 2005 was about them.

Probably because she was the first traveling companion. Brock was the second, but he stuck around until until the end of DP, so he has longevity on his side, while Misty does not. You could be right about the Misty/Max thing. Iris and Dawn were next to each other and they bonded decently. I doubt that much thought was put into the line up...I could be wrong.

I like the opening and the ending. Im particularly excited for Clair's return, it will presumably serve good development for Iris, which could be cool. I probably shouldn't put too much stock into seeing all of these old characters in the ending, but I will anyway. :p

Probably because she was the first traveling companion. Brock was the second, but he stuck around until until the end of DP, so he has longevity on his side, while Misty does not. You could be right about the Misty/Max thing. Iris and Dawn were next to each other and they bonded decently. I doubt that much thought was put into the line up...I could be wrong.

I like the opening and the ending. Im particularly excited for Clair's return, it will presumably serve good development for Iris, which could be cool. I probably shouldn't put too much stock into seeing all of these old characters in the ending, but I will anyway. :p

I think the characters were placed carefully. The writers purposely didn't put Misty, May or Dawn next to Ash to avoid shippers jumping to conclusions. Likewise I notice how May and Misty were separated by Max. Misty bonded with Max more than May so that probably explains it.

Also notice how all the AG cast is together. Brock, May and Max are all next to one another for that reason.

Dawn and Iris are together for BW2.

It's really only Paul, Gary and Tracey that are thrown in there since the writers probably didn't know where to put them. Tracey never met Dawn, and Gary and Paul are side by side because of rivals to Ash.

what the flip!? Clair!? that is totally random. why did they pick her to come back this saga. weird.

Clair's a Dragon-type Gym Leader, Iris is preparing to become one. It actually makes sense for her to return to impart some guidance.

I think the characters were placed carefully. The writers purposely didn't put Misty, May or Dawn next to Ash to avoid shippers jumping to conclusions. Likewise I notice how May and Misty were separated by Max. Misty bonded with Max more than May so that probably explains it.

Also notice how all the AG cast is together. Brock, May and Max are all next to one another for that reason.

It's really only Paul, Gary and Tracey that are thrown in there since the writers probably didn't know where to put them. Tracey never met Dawn, and Gary and Paul are side by side because of rivals to Ash.

They put Iris and Ash together, they have shippers too. I think the character placement was random if anything. The whole thing is a bit weird, Misty's lack of AG clothes and Togetic. They should have had Paul in the middle, holding hands with Gary and Trip. I would have laughed harder.

The whole Clair thing is probably for the benefit of Iris and her developement. Still not as pointless as including Jasmine in DP.

that's right everyone, keep liking my paul posts, i will make a big deal out of a character that only appeared for like 5 seconds in 3 years any day

I am so glad they made this ending though. Stepping away from my Paul fangirling for a moment, I loved how communication was a central theme in this ending. I liked how Pod was checking his mail on his iPod and how Ash probably calls his mom every time he reaches the pokemon center. I like how they contrasted Dento's email use with Iris's Wingull mail. I like how at the end, the pokemon world is shown with visual representations of communications being sent from all over....

Also, it broke my heart when it was pointed out to me that Bel probably called all the rivals to tell them that Ash & co. have left and how Cabernet is absolutely LIVID that she didn't get to show Dento up one last time. And Georgia looking oddly disappointed for not being able to battle Iris again, probably.

*cries*

Also, I really liked the opening?? IDK why people are complaining about it, it wasn't as action packed as the previous openings, but I think it sets a really nice, airy mood, reminiscent of Kanto. The singer and song itself are pretty enjoyable too! I listened to it many times ^_^

EDIT: also, me and a buncha people from tumblr have proclaimed this to be official paul day, exactly 6 months away from comashipping day ^_^

I love the pokemon anime, I really do.

Ending was phenomenal, was so happy to see Bianca, Burgundy, and Georgia.

But...they could've replaced Trip, Virgil, and Cameron with Drew, Harley, and Ursula. -_- Like really.

I think the characters were placed carefully. The writers purposely didn't put Misty, May or Dawn next to Ash to avoid shippers jumping to conclusions.
I doubt writers give a damn about shippers TBH. In Japan the idea of friendship is much different from the idea of friendship here, for example, girls will hold hands walking down the street. Boys will sit in each other laps and give each other massages. It's one of those cultural differences, that's one of the reasons some actually think Zoey and Candice are gay. It's just kids being kids.

Let's Join Hands is easily one of the best endings ever. I simply loved it a lot and I couldn't stop watching it over and over. I also really like the amount of fanart this ending has spawned, for examples:

tumblr_mlrna0k3Zj1ryf2ffo1_500.png

Sourcery

Onward to reviewing this amazing thing. I like how Cilan is using modern emailing methods and Iris is using a carrier Wingull, nice little nature and technology reference there. Ash goes for the generic phone call. Bianca was really likable in this ending, I give her a bit of flak for being too girly, comedic and ridiculous at times but she's pretty cute during some times as well. Seeing her so overly worried about Ash, Iris, and Cilan leaving and proceeding to Xtransceiver the other BW rivals was really in-character and charming of her. I was glad to see Minccino and not her Emboar since I'm tired of the thing and her rodent is far superior for the moment given Professor Juniper owns one in-game and it would make sense as her assistant Pokemon. I'm pretty sure she'll become Juniper assistant and Minccino will be the sweeper(giggle) of the lab.

The BW Rivals I really care about getting appearances was fantastic, the writers went with Burgundy's Dewott helping her study. I couldn't have been happier with that since it's my favorite of all her Pokemon and her best imo. Stephan retains his usual likable grin and Sawk stays his siggy, another awesome choice by the writers. Georgia seemingly misses Iris and Beartic looks pretty cute in that shot. Really wasn't expecting N to get a cameo too, Virgil, Cameron, and Trip being thrown in was nice as well. TR's Delibird getting a cameo and showing them their new submarine and them getting excited with their BW-style eyes was pretty splendid.(I've always wanted a Basculin sub)

Pikachu and Axew helping up Scraggy who needs another appearance was a really sweet-natured moment. As I've said before, the throwback to Emolga debut was nicely placed. Dragon-bro moment with Charizard and D-Nite rocked, Crustle actually showed some traces of the personality I really liked about it before it evolved. As said a million times already, seeing all the character join hands made this ending simply awe-worthy. Gary, May, Croagunk, Psyduck, Beautifly, so many character I was really happy to see again. Even though they aren't returning, little things like that are nice. It's hard to believe people actually thought BW was a reboot. I kept my expectations low for this ending since it seemed to be created to advertise Sylveon and they were effectively blown outta of the water. This ending took the Seven-Colored Arch's number one spot in my opinion of the best BW ending.

Welp, this show is almost older than me by a few months.(I actually think it might be, not sure....)

I really do enjoy this show a lot. :')

Since it's still the best wishes series, they're kinda obligated to showcase BW characters, ya know?

I mean, I would like nothing more than them to show off contest rivals, but obviously, the only past characters they showed related to Ash, since he's the main character.

I'm surprised Barry didn't at least make the cut. He may have been less important than Gary or Paul, but he was still the only other "real" rival Ash had from Kanto-Sinnoh aside from all the league rivals.

I think that you're looking a bit too much into this. I doubt that the writers care much about shippers. They most likely didn't have Misty, May or Dawn right next to Ash since they wanted Cilan and Iris, the characters that are traveling with them now, to be next to him while all of the other characters come from the other sides.

Anyway, the opening was a bit slow, but nice. Team Rocket acting more like themselves and getting a new submarine to boot was cool though. The ending theme was really good and I especially liked showcasing all of the current and older characters. Paul was a wonderfully awesome surprise, although I wouldn't expect him to be next to Gary. If he was next to N, then that would have been even cooler. It's a nice little image to end the song with too.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom