• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Opening and Ending

Let's move on. Do the OP/ED mean that we are going to see Chili/Cilan/Unova rivals again? At least for Chili/Cilan, I'm quite sure, and I hope that they evolve their monkeys (we haven't seen them since Clubsplosion evolved). What do you think?

I think we might see Chilli and Cress end up working on the cruise ship (which I imagine they'll be on and off of) for a few episodes as waiters I guess.

Ending was great, lots of nostalgia...it's probably one of my favorite anime endings since Naruto Shippuden's "U can do it" ED.

I really loved the ending. It looked and seemed so mature and resembled an ending I'd see on Naruto or something. I loved the sense of connection of all of the different characters and finally the end when everyone came together and held hands. It was just a really powerful scene to see all of the characters and Pokemon together and really reminds us that this Anime has been going on for about 16 years now and it still continues to grow. The best one in a while IMO.

Misty being in her old Kanto clothes because its more "memorable" doesn't make any sense because Gary is in his updated DP outfit.

Gary only appeared in 4 episodes with his new look (last ep of AG and 3 DP episodes), and his classic look was far more memorable. So why would they leave Gary updated which only appeared for 4 episodes yet Misty is left in her Kanto outfit? The only explanation is they just quickly used that new design they made during the Charizard flashbacks.

The opening was decent but nothing special for me.

The ending, on the other hand... Wow. Easily my favorite BW ED and possibly one of my favorites ever. The scenes alone are what made it so worthwhile.

i cant help but to think that the ending is a lot like a finale of the series. i mean it just has that felling to it. i really hope im wrong ,cause the kid in me will throw a huge tantrum.

but if da was the end i real hope that is has a fantastic 4 part ending with everyone just throwing that out there

To me, at the bottom left, you can see a little bit of Kanto, Johto and a distorted upsidedown Hoenn.

The opening doesn't offer anything interesting. I don't really see why Parker got that much focus. While Clair is somewhat random (to the arc), it does provide a possible explanation as to why Iris is going to Kanto (or Johto).

As for the ending, it provides a good closure for the Isshu arc, with cameos of supporting characters and scenes from previous episodes. It actually makes me forget how poorly written the series was. It was also nice seeing Ash and co, keeping in touch with their loved ones and how all the rivals keep connected with each other through modern technology. I liked how the ending had previous characters and rival appearing and holding hands, though I think the anime staff should have used the opportunity to show what's new with their lives.

You know I just realized how bizarre it is seeing Togetic with Misty's Kanto outfit. Considering the only time Misty had a Togetic was in the last 5 minutes of her Hoenn appearance.

Maybe this is the writers way of saying, "Yeah we should have evolved Togepi back in the middle of Johto, sorry for that?" etc. Also bizarre to see her Stamie there over her Staryu, when Staryu lasted on her roster for her entire 275 episode run while Starmie was dumped in 60 episodes.

I actually think the animators dislike Kasumi's Advanced Generation outfit... remember during the Lovecus special where they had her wear the yellow sleeveless jumper and blue shorts?

Not necessarily. If they disliked it they wouldn't show her in AG clothes again in Pallet reunion, when she watched Ash competing in Hoenn league or Mastermind special. All of which took place after Luvdisc special.

I think the characters were placed carefully. The writers purposely didn't put Misty, May or Dawn next to Ash to avoid shippers jumping to conclusions.

If that was case they wouldn't have Ash hold Iris hand. I think your over analyzing this too much, because im pretty sure writers didn't intended to send us some secret message with way characters are arranged to each other. They put all of main characters older and current ones close to each other representing friendship and close bond Ash established with them, and that matters the most.

Misty being in her old Kanto clothes because its more "memorable" doesn't make any sense because Gary is in his updated DP outfit.

Difference is that unlike Gary, Brock etc who were present around DP series, Misty was only older character which was absent the longest not coming back since 2005.

Unlike its case with others new generations which started following anime during Sinnoh and continued on with Unova never got chance to see her in new edition or be familiar much with her for that matter.

As for those which did watched reruns of older series, they most likely know Misty only from Kanto and Johto when she still wore original clothes , hence why in way it made sense why would writers purposely show her as only ex traveling companion with older outfit.

More i think about it it makes more sense why would writers show her in older outfit, considering how she is much more recognizable that way for new generations which got familiar with her through older seasons or older generations of fans which quit following show after Johto and possibly got tune back in BW. And possibly prepare audience that way for her eventual return, that is under assumption it does happen.

As for those which did watched reruns of older series, they most likely know Misty only from Kanto and Johto when she still wore original clothes , hence why in way it made sense why would writers purposely show her as only ex traveling companion with older outfit.
More i think about it it makes more sense why would writers show her in older outfit, considering how she is much more recognizable that way for new generations which got familiar with her through older seasons or older generations of fans which quit following show after Johto and possibly got tune back in BW. And possibly prepare audience that way for her eventual return, that is under assumption it does happen.

But even in DP's "High Touch" opening, Misty was in her Hoenn clothes, despite having no presence in DP whatsoever.

And as I said, Gary's original look is more "iconic" than his new one, considering Gary only appeared in 4 episodes with this new design.

But even in DP's "High Touch" opening, Misty was in her Hoenn clothes, despite having no presence in DP whatsoever.

And as I said, Gary's original look is more "iconic" than his new one, considering Gary only appeared in 4 episodes with this new design.

Doesn't matter, unlike Misty Gary still appeared in flesh with new attire for multiple episodes in Sinnoh giving opportunity to new generations to get familiar with him.

With Misty only way for new generations to get familiar with her was through following older series when she was still part of main cast, and considering how often there were aired reruns of Kanto and Johto(especially on Boomerang) those who watched it more than likely remember her the most from there.

Didn't he appear in about 10 episodes overall though?

I think Gary's newer design fits the change to his personality and role that the series took with his character, there's no similar association with Misty's outfit - though I think the animators forgetting is more likely the reason than a deliberate decision.

Didn't he appear in about 10 episodes overall though?

I think Gary's newer design fits the change to his personality and role that the series took with his character, there's no similar association with Misty's outfit - though I think the animators forgetting is more likely the reason than a deliberate decision.

What? Gary only appeared in 4 episodes with his new clothes.

The last episode of AG and then he only got 3 DP episodes. Where did you get the idea Gary got 10 episodes? Everyone knows he barely appeared in DP.

So for my opinion:

The opening was pretty lackluster and the song didn't really click with me.

The ending however was brilliant. I liked the scenes with all the rivals and I really liked the song too. When I learned it was being done by that girl group who did the last ending I was really dreading what we'd get but I was pleasantly suprised.

Like many others have already said, ending > opening. The new intro doesn't come close to either version of "Be an arrow", which has so far been the best Japanese theme imo, although Clair's quite a lot of screentime did catch me off-guard. Ending was just a masterpiece and I hate admit it, but it was quite a touching moment to me too to see all the old important characters – especially Paul and Misty. :p

The ending just honestly makes me so happy. Like honestly, if I understood Japanese I would probably cry.

I'm fine with who they chose as rivals and friends and everything, but I think adding Harrison, Tyson and/or Morrison might have been a nice flare.

Like many others have already said, ending > opening. The new intro doesn't come close to either version of "Be an arrow", which has so far been the best Japanese theme imo, although Clair's quite a lot of screentime did catch me off-guard. Ending was just a masterpiece and I hate admit it, but it was quite a touching moment to me too to see all the old important characters – especially Paul and Misty. :p

Misty just recently appeared in Charizard 's flashbacks so seeing her wasn't a surprise. Paul was the only character most of us didn't expect to be shown. And why focus on those two?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom