• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Wishes Season 2 Decolora Adventures announced: New arc to start on April 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there main focus is only new fan then isn't it better to end Ash's story & start A NEW SERIES WITH A NEW PROTAGONIST FOR NEWER FAN !
If they doesn't care about older fan they why still keeping Ash .
Are they afraid that the show will lose their popularity if they finish Ash's story and then replace him.
One part they care about only new fan while another part they doesn't want to finish Ash's story and start with new protagonist because they afraid that old fan will leave the show.
Its piss me off !
They doesn't care about older fan but again they doesn't want to lose older fan .

Pokemon doesn't care about older fans because its aim is to sell merchandise and make money. If it bothers you so much you can stop watching because that's just how this show is and, believe it or not, a lot of people are okay with that because they don't get so frustrated over one of aspect of a cartoon meant for entertainment and selling power than a cohesive and tight-knit plot.

Last edited:
If there main focus is only new fan then isn't it better to end Ash's story & start A NEW SERIES WITH A NEW PROTAGONIST FOR NEWER FAN !
Are they afraid that the show will lose their popularity if they finish Ash's story and then replace him.
One part they care about only new fan while another part they doesn't want to finish Ash's story and start with new protagonist because they afraid that old fan will leave the show.
Its piss me off !
They doesn't care about older fan but again they doesn't want to lose older fan .

You aren't the target audience, Pokemon doesn't care about older fans because its aim is to sell merchandise and make money. If it bothers you so much you can stop watching because that's just how this show is and, believe it or not, a lot of people are okay with that because they don't get so frustrated over one of aspect of a cartoon meant for entertainment and selling power than a cohesive and tight-knit plot.

As far as I see , A lot of People aren't okay with that !
They aren't happy with Pokemon being ''Sidekicks Show'' .
And If Writer care about selling pushie that they should stop writing Anime & start selling pushie while letting real writer to do their job!!!
Pokemon Is the Anime based on Game .
Therefore , The Anime based on it should target people who will buy/play the game .
Not Just Little Girl !
Plus ,Takeshi Shudo said Pokemon suppose to be a Family Anime and now Tomeki show up saying Pokemon only target little girl !
This are excuse for Skip work !
That all .
Even , So called Newer fan of this generation has no interest in dump like this !

Ugh.

Doesn't matter, the anime doesn't change or will change because a bunch of anime nerds on the Internet aren't fans of the writing formula. It's always going to be like this, merchandising will always come first and Pokemon isn't a deep show to begin with. It's a children show and that's that.
The writers don't care.
And If Writer care about selling pushie that they should stop writing Anime & start selling pushie while letting real writer to do their job!!!
That makes no sense.......they are the real writers.

Therefore , The Anime based on it should target people who will buy/play the game .
The anime targets children because it's a kids show and sells immense amounts of merchandise outside of the game. Most game players don't even watch the anime.

Plus ,Takeshi Shudo said Pokemon suppose to be a Family Anime and now Tomeki show up saying Pokemon only target little girl !
Takeshi Shudo said he intended for Pokemon to be a Family Show in the early age of Kanto, however it quickly turned into a children's show around the time of AG/Johto. It targets children, not little girls. It's a gender neutral show.

Even , So called Newer fan of this generation has no interest in dump like this !
So...maybe you could stop watching? You clearly don't enjoy the show anymore.

Ugh.

Doesn't matter, the anime doesn't change or will change because a bunch of anime nerds on the Internet aren't fans of the writing formula. It's always going to be like this, merchandising will always come first and Pokemon isn't a deep show to begin with. It's a children show and that's that.
The writers don't care.
That makes no sense.......they are the real writers.

The anime targets children because it's a kids show and sells immense amounts of merchandise outside of the game. Most game players don't even watch the anime.
So...maybe you could stop watching? You clearly don't enjoy the show anymore.

You know , Why A Bad Politician remain in charge despite everybody knows his corruption ?
Its people like you who says "'Oh , Our Country is poor and Politician doesn't care ! They only care about Power & Money ! People should okay with this ! If People like the undevelopment then they should just leave the country !''
Same goes for the Anime !
Every Pokemon fan has their right to shout if writer doesn't improve the show ! Just because some minority want to make themself look like Adult ,That doesn't mean every one should just shut up !
If the Japanese already given the Pokemon Writer a huge humiliation for their creepy writing , Then they wouldn't dare to go this low !
But Since Nobody give Writer any Pressure , They doesn't try to improve !

Takeshi Shudo said he intended for Pokemon to be a Family Show in the early age of Kanto, however it quickly turned into a children's show around the time of AG/Johto. It targets children, not little girls. It's a gender neutral show.
I guess thats Why Pokemon doesn't has the same appeal original series had !
Because Takeshi Shudo targeted everyone who wantchs the show while Tomeki just use little Kids as a Excuse !

Last edited:
You know , Why A Bad Politician remain in charge despite everybody knows his corruption ?
So....

Writers = Bad Politician
Everyone = You

Its people like you who says "'Oh , Our Country is poor and Politician doesn't care ! They only care about Power & Money ! People should okay with this ! If People like the undevelopment then they should just leave the country !''
wut

Every Pokemon fan has their right to shout if writer doesn't improve the show ! Just because some minority want to make them look like Adult ,That doesn't mean every one just shut up !
I never said you didn't have that right, however you gotta realize the writers aren't pandering to you.
If the Japanese already given the Pokemon Writer a huge humiliation for their creepy writing , Then they would dare to to go this low !
But Since Nobody Writer any Pressure , They doesn't try to improve !
Pokemon will always be a show where merchandise comes first and writing second.

So....

Writers = Bad Politician
Everyone = You

Implying your opinions are fact :c

Seems legit....

wut

Every Pokemon fan has their right to shout if writer doesn't improve the show ! Just because some minority want to make them look like Adult ,That doesn't mean every one just shut up !
I never said you didn't have that right, however you gotta realize the writers aren't pandering to you.
If the Japanese already given the Pokemon Writer a huge humiliation for their creepy writing , Then they would dare to to go this low !
But Since Nobody Writer any Pressure , They doesn't try to improve !
Pokemon will always be a show where merchandise comes first and writing second. Take it or leave it.

Unfortunatly , I'm not planning on to shut up like You !
If Writer Writing is Bad then I will shout .
Furthermore , If They had good writing then it would automatically Work as a Advertisement for the Merchandise ! Writer doesn't need to Kill the Show just for Merchandise .
Its piss me off that Writer like Ihara Shigekatsu & Hidenori Kusaka's Work will remain A manga forever because of them .

Last edited:
:I Okay.
Furthermore , If They had good writing then it would automatically Work as a Advertisement for the Merchandise ! Writer doesn't need to Kill the Show just for Merchandise .
I never said that, I said that the aim of the show is to sell merchandise and Pokemon has pretty much been portrayed a light-hearted ditzy little kids fighting cartoons and I, for one, have never had a problem with that so I don't know where you're getting the idea "everyone" dislikes the show for what it is. Pokemon will, and probably always, be the show it is right now. They don't consider older fans because older fans are like a grain of sand in-comparison to a basketball in comparison to the true target audience. Children. Not to mention Pokemon isn't written with the regards of anime nerds in mind and that's just the truth tea. There no reason to be so pressed over marketing in a children's show, it's never changing from that. :<

:I Okay.
I never said that, I said that the aim of the show is to sell merchandise and Pokemon has pretty much been portrayed a light-hearted ditzy little kids fighting cartoons and I, for one, have never had a problem with that so I don't know where you're getting the idea "everyone" dislikes the show for what it is. Pokemon will, and probably always, be the show it is right now. They don't consider older fans because older fans are like a grain of sand in-comparison to a basketball in comparison to the true target audience. Children. Not to mention Pokemon isn't written with the regards of anime nerds in mind and that's just the truth tea. There no reason to be so pressed over marketing in a children's show, it's never changing from that. :<

Anime For even Younger Kids are Written better then this !
So Don't blame Kids that they made Writer do all bad writing !
I verify from Kids myself .
I verified from Enough Kids before shouting.
Just like I said , I doesn't say thing in Random unlike those idiot who complain about Ash being too over-powered while hogging all the spotlight from his side-kick ! (Still doing it , One of them even create thread about Cilan being ignore in Serebii )
I verify thing first unlike them and Kids doesn't like this .

Kids Anime doesn't mean Cute Little Pokemon dancing together !
That's A Baby Anime , Not Kids Anime !
Plus , If Older fan are unnecessary now then Why don't writer just end Ash's story ?
Just like I said before , Why does they need to keep Ash for newer fan when then can finish Ash story and Start a new series with new Protagonist ?
As long as Ash gets a proper ending , We Older fan don't mind !
So , Does the Newer Fan has problem with finishing Ash's Story & replacing him?
So How many newer fan did Best Wishs got and how many of them still watching .
All other writer show some respect toward people who watch their show or read their manga for long time !
But Pokemon Writer are so UNGRATEFUL that doesn't end Ash's story so we can't move on while ignoring us !
Its piss me off that Writer like Ihara Shigekatsu & Hidenori Kusaka's Work will remain A manga forever because of them .
When Ihara shigekatsu & Hidenori Kusaka actually better then Anime Writer.

By the way , Orange League didn't did any good development to Ash.

Ash finally managed to control his Charizard on Orange Archipelago.

If Charizard got frozen like that anywhere else and Ash nursed it back to health , then he would naturally start to listen to Ash .
Orange League did nothing for that !

Last edited:
Pokemon will continue for many generations to come, and as he made it sound, probably forever.

Eww. Thousands and thousands of Pokemon to catch at some point? My Arceus....

I think I'd be okay if this happened to Mario, but I can't imagine the Pokemon game series and anime going on for that long.

I'm not blaming kids, I'm saying that has always been Pokemon's writing genre and probably always be it. Quit being ridiculous.

I verify from Kids myself .
I verified from Enough Kids before shouting.
Just like I said , I doesn't say thing in Random unlike those idiot who complain about Ash being too over-powered while hogging all the spotlight from his side-kick ! (Still doing it , One of them even create thread about Cilan being ignore in Serebii )
I verify thing first unlike them and Kids doesn't like this .

Kids Anime doesn't mean Cute Little Pokemon dancing together !
That's A Baby Anime , Not Kids Anime !
Plus , If Older fan are unnecessary now then Why don't writer just end Ash's story ?
Just like I said before , Why does they need to keep Ash for newer fan when then can finish Ash story and Start a new series with new Protagonist ?
As long as Ash gets a proper ending , We Older fan don't mind !
So , Does the Newer Fan has problem with finishing Ash's Story & replacing him?
So How many newer fan did Best Wishs got and how many of them still watching .
All other writer show some respect toward people who watch their show or read their manga for long time !
But Pokemon Writer are so UNGRATEFUL that doesn't end Ash's story so we can't move on while ignoring us !
When Ihara shigekatsu & Hidenori Kusaka actually better then Anime Writer.
More subjectivity, lovely~
If Charizard got frozen like that anywhere else and Ash nursed it back to health , then he would naturally start to listen to Ash .
Orange League did nothing for that !
Because the writers are conspiring against their own main character. Yeah, ok.

I think the anime going on forever would be a good thing if it was still really entertaining but considering how BW has been I don't think it would be a good thing :S

I know there's a heavy majority of users on the site who are over 18 yrs old so whoever did the market research and decided to make young kids the target audience obviously didn't do their job very well. If they want to appeal to the older audience they don't have to make Pokemon fight to the death of anything, they just need to be more creative with their writing and not get rid of characters who the majority of fans are more than happy with. Characters are only boring if the writers make them boring!!!

If the writers don't get their act together then, R.I.P to the anime!

I know there's a heavy majority of users on the site who are over 18 yrs old so whoever did the market research and decided to make young kids the target audience obviously didn't do their job very well.

... What? The demographic of a single forum does not decide the demographic of the entire show. Keep in mind that most of the kids this show is aimed at are going to be too young to go on the internet, and likely too young to even care. Hell, isn't there a rule that only people over 13 can sign up for forums like this one? Of course most of the target audience isn't going to be here.

You've made it sound like the writers somehow measured the average ages of the viewers before deciding what demographic to aim for. Unless they have access to time travel or Future Sight, that's not even possible. The decision to make the show for kids happened all the way back when it started. Bulbagarden didn't even exist back then. o_O

I know there's a heavy majority of users on the site who are over 18 yrs old so whoever did the market research and decided to make young kids the target audience obviously didn't do their job very well.

... What? The demographic of a single forum does not decide the demographic of the entire show. Keep in mind that most of the kids this show is aimed at are going to be too young to go on the internet, and likely too young to even care. Hell, isn't there a rule that only people over 13 can sign up for forums like this one? Of course most of the target audience isn't going to be here.

Well considering how many dedicated Pokemon sites there are such as this, Serebii and Marriland doesn't that show that there is a huge audience that aren't kids under 13? Otherwise how would all these sites exist! Now you said you have to be over 13 to join this site, well according to the site statistics there's 46,194 members on this site alone which means there is a very large percentage of people over 13 that are still interested in the series.

You've made it sound like the writers somehow measured the average ages of the viewers before deciding what demographic to aim for. Unless they have access to time travel or Future Sight, that's not even possible. The decision to make the show for kids happened all the way back when it started. Bulbagarden didn't even exist back then. o_O

Well Nintendo is a company after all so their intent is to make money, now if they do their job right they would be constantly finding new ways to market their products which means they would be researching demographics. Do you think Nintendo would really announce a limited edition Pikachu 3DS on Twitter if they are targeting kids under 13? They understand that not just kids buy the games so they would also know adults watch the anime too!

My point is they target the show towards young kids only and forget that many of the fans who first watched the show as kids are still fans of the series, so instead of trying to focus on a broader audience they only focus on a small portion of the actual fan base. When I've been to watch the movies at the cinema I was actually surprised at how many groups of people there that where at least 18 or older, they made up at least half of the audience. Masamitsu stated in the interview that children get older then leave and new ones come in but don't you think that if they didn't do annoying things like dumbing down Ash then those fans might stay interested and not give up on the series?

Well considering how many dedicated Pokemon sites there are such as this, Serebii and Marriland doesn't that show that there is a huge audience that aren't kids under 13? Otherwise how would all these sites exist! Now you said you have to be over 13 to join this site, well according to the site statistics there's 46,194 members on this site alone which means there is a very large percentage of people over 13 that are still interested in the series.
Think of it like this. The target audience of children is a basketball, the audience of older fans is a grain of sand. Pokemon Anime's main goal is to sell plush toys, toys, action figures, merchandise, et cetera. Older fans are not going to be buying most of that crap.

Well Nintendo is a company after all so their intent is to make money, now if they do their job right they would be constantly finding new ways to market their products which means they would be researching demographics. Do you think Nintendo would really announce a limited edition Pikachu 3DS on Twitter if they are targeting kids under 13? They understand that not just kids buy the games so they would also know adults watch the anime too!
Nickelodeon and Disney do similar things, it's marketing through social media something a lot of companies do.

My point is they target the show towards young kids only and forget that many of the fans who first watched the show as kids are still fans of the series, so instead of trying to focus on a broader audience they only focus on a small portion of the actual fan base. When I've been to watch the movies at the cinema I was actually surprised at how many groups of people there that where at least 18 or older, they made up at least half of the audience. Masamitsu stated in the interview that children get older then leave and new ones come in but don't you think that if they didn't do annoying things like dumbing down Ash then those fans might stay interested and not give up on the series?
But the writers have absolutely no reason to take older fans into consideration since the current marketing formula works very well and sells immense amounts of merchandise. Even Charizard's return is due to the sizable amount of product he can spawn and sell en masse. The thing many older fans don't seem to realize is that they're easily replaced.

Last edited:
I think the anime going on forever would be a good thing if it was still really entertaining but considering how BW has been I don't think it would be a good thing :S

I know there's a heavy majority of users on the site who are over 18 yrs old so whoever did the market research and decided to make young kids the target audience obviously didn't do their job very well. If they want to appeal to the older audience they don't have to make Pokemon fight to the death of anything, they just need to be more creative with their writing and not get rid of characters who the majority of fans are more than happy with. Characters are only boring if the writers make them boring!!!

If the writers don't get their act together then, R.I.P to the anime!

The anime writers are capable of writing great stories that can be serious while still aimed at kids. The main problem is that they seem to have it in their head that kids under the age of 13 are as dumb as a rock and make Beavis and Butthead look like Stephen Hawking in comparison, therefore they constantly repeat themselves without trying to appeal to what the demographic wants to see, and instead do whatever the demographic THINKS they want to see, which is common network executive logic.

This is what I consider to be one of the main problems of the anime is how they treat their audience, along with the fact that it refuses to change from what it has been for so long, while the rest of the franchise moves on and tries new things, the anime just does the same things over and over. Changing some of the aspects and moving on will still attract new audiences contrary to their popular belief, the problem is that they seem to try their hardest to drive the old audience away as much as possible because they seem to have the "they've grown up, so they're useless to us now" logic that long-running kids shows seem to have, and that's a major problem, cause you have to appeal to all audiences along with your target audience. Why do you think people like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so much? Because the people who work on that series at least know that they can appeal to a general audience rather than just to specific individuals like the Pokemon anime does.

Last edited:
I'm not blaming kids, I'm saying that has always been Pokemon's writing genre and probably always be it. Quit being ridiculous.

But that doesn't mean People has to shut up about it !
How can there ever be a improvement if People doesn't push it for it ?
We already seen how far Pokemon can go from ''B2W2 Animated trailer'' so it irritating Pokemon isn't going that far just because some Lazy Anime stuff and their softy boss .
What Japanese really should do is tell TV Tokyo Or Pokemon Company that Ether create a series that can live up to the exception of Pokemon Adventure , Pokemon DPA , Game and ''B2W2 Animated promo'' Or Cancel this series for good !!!
Specially since TV Tokyo Cancel something awesome like Fairy Tail in mid-way !
Pokemon may be a Kids Anime but its not a baby anime where 2 brother & Sister use a magical stone to go to a magical land to play with their cute magical friend and come back home after they done playing .
Pokemon isn't that kind of Anime !
If Pokemon Anime can't live up to the game & Other Pokemon Manga then it better for Pokemon to get cancel !

But the writers have absolutely no reason to take older fans into consideration since the current marketing formula works very well and sells immense amounts of merchandise. Even Charizard's return is due to the sizable amount of product he can spawn and sell en masse. The thing many older fans don't seem to realize is that they're easily replaced.

OFFCOURSE , Writer has a huge reason take older fan into consideration !
If Older fan like us didn't started watching this show then Pokemon wouldn't go nowhere near as its now .
Instate it would have been some forgotten Anime !
And , Pokemon barely gets 5.00 rating .
But believe me , Half of them come from the older fan rather then some little kids.

Pokemon Anime's main goal is to sell plush toys, toys, action figures, merchandise, et cetera. Older fans are not going to be buying most of that crap.

Don't talk like Pokemon is the Onlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Kids Anime that sell Merchandise !
There a lot of popular Kids Anime that does the same thing .
Specially Toy Anime that exist to Advertise Toys .
But No other Anime sunk this low that to sell Merchandise .
FYI : I actually saw a lot of guys in You-tube who buy & Collect various Pokemon toy despite being older .

Last edited:

Pokemon doesn't care about older fans because its aim is to sell merchandise and make money. If it bothers you so much you can stop watching because that's just how this show is and, believe it or not, a lot of people are okay with that because they don't get so frustrated over one of aspect of a cartoon meant for entertainment and selling power than a cohesive and tight-knit plot.

very true. the young demographic mainly relyes on their parents to buy the stuff for them. however since some older fans will start to have familys over the next few years, Nintendo may want to reconsider how the show is run because the show will still be popular with the kids but some of the new adults still may be interested in buying merchandice also. however some older fans may refuse to buy any merchandice for their kids which can hurt nintendos profits. However i am not excited because with Episode N being a bit dissaponting (so far...) the effort that was used way back when just isnt there anymore. Although i do hope that NNintendo has this arc written out just like the shows that were geared to both children and adults Like Most cartoons from the 90s such as ANIMANIACS. Having Pokemon (just one episode ) Set up like and having the same content as animaniacs would reprive all wrong doings with Pokemon. I am curious if this will be orange islands 2.0 because most of the things in the game have already been covered

The anime writers are capable of writing great stories that can be serious while still aimed at kids. The main problem is that they seem to have it in their head that kids under the age of 13 are as dumb as a rock and make Beavis and Butthead look like Stephen Hawking in comparison, therefore they constantly repeat themselves without trying to appeal to what the demographic wants to see, and instead do whatever the demographic THINKS they want to see, which is common network executive logic.

This is what I consider to be one of the main problems of the anime is how they treat their audience, along with the fact that it refuses to change from what it has been for so long, while the rest of the franchise moves on and tries new things, the anime just does the same things over and over. Changing some of the aspects and moving on will still attract new audiences contrary to their popular belief, the problem is that they seem to try their hardest to drive the old audience away as much as possible because they seem to have the "they've grown up, so they're useless to us now" logic that long-running kids shows seem to have, and that's a major problem, cause you have to appeal to all audiences along with your target audience. Why do you think people like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so much? Because the people who work on that series at least know that they can appeal to a general audience rather than just to specific individuals like the Pokemon anime does.

Right! Justr like 95% of all of the Nicktoons and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays shows oh and how can i forget ANIMANIACS. those shows were mainly ment for kids but included many joes and references adults would get AkA Shoutouts and Getting Crap Past the Radar and the infamous "Goodnight Everybody!" there are still many people to this day who are LIVID these shows were canned. those shows had fresh ideas where some ideas on pokemon are as old as some reastraunt's food in the fridge on Kitchen Nightmares.it will be hard to appeal to all audiences but when they have way to many arcs, the appeal just isnt there any more which does ruin it for a lot of people. Eventually not today or tommarow the older generation will be the main flow of cash to the target audience and that will probily be what would end the series

Last edited:
Think of it like this. The target
audience of children is a
basketball, the audience of
older fans is a grain of sand.
Pokemon Anime's main goal
is to sell plush toys, toys,
action figures, merchandise,
et cetera. Older fans are not
going to be buying most of
that crap.

Grown men are buying MLP merchandise, and MLP had a bad rep before FIM came out. I don't watch the show, but if bronies are into it, they must be doing something right. If MLP can trash its girly image, there's no reason Pokemon can't do the same, right? MLP is intended for little girls, but it it is critically loved by both kids and adults.

Also, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob (before the decay), etc. were selling merchandise like crazy, and were universally loved (I don't think ANYONE disliked any of those shows). Like Pokemon, they're for kids, but they also had stuff for adults. Idk how popular they are in Japan, but yeah.

Specially since TV Tokyo Cancel something awesome like Fairy Tail in mid-way !
Pokemon may be a Kids Anime but its not a baby anime where 2 brother & Sister use a magical stone to go to a magical land to play with their cute magical friend and come back home after they done playing .
Pokemon isn't that kind of Anime !
If Pokemon Anime can't live up to the game & Other Pokemon Manga then it better for Pokemon to get cancel !

OFFCOURSE , Writer has a huge reason take older fan into consideration !
If Older fan like us didn't started watching this show then Pokemon wouldn't go nowhere near as its now .
Instate it would have been some forgotten Anime !
And , Pokemon barely gets 5.00 rating .
But believe me , Half of them come from the older fan rather then some little kids.\

Don't talk like Pokemon is the Onlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Kids Anime that sell Merchandise !
There a lot of popular Kids Anime that does the same thing .
Specially Toy Anime that exist to Advertise Toys .
But No other Anime sunk this low that to sell Merchandise .
FYI : I actually saw a lot of guys in You-tube who buy & Collect various Pokemon toy despite being older .
Like I said, some older fans do buy merchandise however that is vastly less than the amount of children who buy it, Pokemon has good ratings but it doesn't matter because the show lives for its merch, Dragon Ball Kai got good ratings but got canned because no one bought the merchandise, "sunk this low" another subjectivity because children don't care about writing, the writers have no reason to change the show for you.......sigh.

Pokemon Anime did its job, it made buy toys and video games. Done.

very true. the young demographic mainly relyes on their parents to buy the stuff for them. however since some older fans will start to have familys over the next few years, Nintendo may want to reconsider how the show is run because the show will still be popular with the kids but some of the new adults still may be interested in buying merchandice also.
That's the exact same way Pokemon is now, minus the higher-ups caring about older fans. There are older fans buying merchandise but they're more of a *bonus* because the target audience buys merch too. In the grand scheme of things, like I said before, they have no reason to change their current formula for the show when it's already successful at it is. Pokemon is a ditzy little cartoon about kids and their pet monsters and I don't have a problem with that at all.
however some older fans may refuse to buy any merchandice for their kids which can hurt nintendos profits.
Situation moments like this make no sense. No sane adult is going to refuse to buy their child a toy from the show they used to watch just because the show didn't end or wasn't written the way they like it to. That's insanely immature, not to mention most adults will have fallen out of the loop since they, ya' know, have kids. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, because in Japan especially the merchandise sells very well as does it in America.

However i am not excited because with Episode N being a bit dissaponting (so far...) the effort that was used way back when just isnt there anymore.
Kids don't care about that, they're just happy to see cute monsters fighting. Writing doesn't matter to them.

Although i do hope that NNintendo has this arc written out just like the shows that were geared to both children and adults Like Most cartoons from the 90s such as ANIMANIACS.
Animaniacs was a show, not unlike Adventure Time and Regular Show today on CN, that had many "getting past the radar moments." Pokemon will not be making jokes about sexual fingering, it's a show written with an international audience of children in mind and the writers do their best to be very sensitive to even the smallest aspect that could upset anyone. Even then Pokemon isn't a show in the same vain as Animaniacs, Rocko's, or any of those other shows because it's not comedic and TPCi is very cautious. Spongebob has never been a show with any hidden dirty jokes either. I don't see how adding Animaniacs-style jokes to a show with a much different format to Pokemon will make the show any better, Pokemon has made a few jokes like that in the past but they definitely weren't the end-all be-all of the show like with Animaniacs. The formulas of the show are too different to compare.
Having Pokemon (just one episode ) Set up like and having the same content as animaniacs would reprive all wrong doings with Pokemon. I am curious if this will be orange islands 2.0 because most of the things in the game have already been covered
Animaniacs was comedic. Pokemon is not comedic, makes a lot of money, and has had several controversial moments in the past. The writers aren't gonna take their chances. The closest thing to inneudo or "mature" was 4kids' occasional joke about James being gay in Johto and Hoenn and, iirc, a few movie jokes.

Right! Justr like 95% of all of the Nicktoons and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays shows oh and how can i forget ANIMANIACS. those shows were mainly ment for kids but included many joes and references adults would get AkA Shoutouts and Getting Crap Past the Radar and the infamous "Goodnight Everybody!" there are still many people to this day who are LIVID these shows were canned. those shows had fresh ideas where some ideas on pokemon are as old as some reastraunt's food in the fridge on Kitchen Nightmares.it will be hard to appeal to all audiences but when they have way to many arcs, the appeal just isnt there any more which does ruin it for a lot of people. Eventually not today or tommarow the older generation will be the main flow of cash to the target audience and that will probily be what would end the series
I don't see how any of those shows are any different from modern day Adventure Time or Regular Show, they have many "getting crap past the radar" moments on CN. Shows on Nicklodeon like iCarly and Victorious make inneudo jokes all the time. It's really not that different. Even then I don't see how hidden dirty jokes would make Pokemon a better show or help with its marketability. :/ Like I said before, those were comedy shows, Pokemon is not. The formula is vastly too different to compare and if you want Pokemon to change the way its formula is into the style of Animaniacs than you pretty much want a whole different show. It's about a 10-year-old and his Pokemon and that's what it advertises, it's a "take it or leave it" deal with this show because the marketing does very well for itself and there's no reason to change that. If the show and merchandising behind it is still going strong 16-17 years later they aren't just gonna suddenly stop because of upset anime nerds(Who make up what? Less than 10% of the actual audience that watches the show compared to the true Target Audience?) not watching.

Think of it like this. The target
audience of children is a
basketball, the audience of
older fans is a grain of sand.
Pokemon Anime's main goal
is to sell plush toys, toys,
action figures, merchandise,
et cetera. Older fans are not
going to be buying most of
that crap.

Grown men are buying MLP merchandise, and MLP had a bad rep before FIM came out. I don't watch the show, but if bronies are into it, they must be doing something right. If MLP can trash its girly image, there's no reason Pokemon can't do the same, right? MLP is intended for little girls, but it it is critically loved by both kids and adults.

Also, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob (before the decay), etc. were selling merchandise like crazy, and were universally loved (I don't think ANYONE disliked any of those shows). Like Pokemon, they're for kids, but they also had stuff for adults. Idk how popular they are in Japan, but yeah.
That still doesn't mean Pokemon should change the way its been doing things and suddenly start factoring in people outside of their main demographic. Pokemon isn't MLP, Pokemon isn't any of those 90's spawned cartoons and the show sells more merchandise than any of them and is more successful. Think of Pikachu as being Japan's Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse cartoons these days aren't written with adults in mind but still sell a lot of merchandise. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is meant for preschool students for example, but the Mickey Mouse franchise as a whole still sells a lot of crap that adults and children buy. Spongebob too. Pokemon too. However these shows certainly aren't written in this current day and age with the ideas of older fans in mind and they still find a lot of success, if they aren't stopping now. They aren't stopping in sales now they aren't in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom