• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Best Wishes!", the first opening theme to "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes"

I thought the song was great, and the visuals, I'm pretty used to it, since it reminds me of a more cel-shaded version of the models used in Battle Revolution. Though for some reason, it felt like an opening to a video game rather than a cartoon. This is something I expect to see when you first pop in PokéPark game for the Wii.

Though the real fun in the opening is seeing what monsters you can identify.

It was Yabukuron

wait..Jaboby and Futachimaru both appear in the opening

but Chaobuu get's left out again?

it's the beta artwork all over again

Chaobuu was seen in the far left of the final shot. It was hard to see but you can tell that the silhouette had its ears.

Love the opening. I loved the old style of openings, too. They are both great... this one seems a little more classy/mature, I guess? It wouldn't work in standard animation.

I know a lot of you are hatin' on the animation, but I think it's actually pretty neat. It's cool and different. It's weird as an opening, yes, but hey, Ishhu's supposed to be all about change.

Chaobuu's actually at the beginning right after the monkeys...it's too the left, but you actually can't see it well due to it being in-front of a tree.

The only one I'm not all that sure about is just after Meguroc. So...is that Chaobu? The trash bag pokemon? Chaobu in the trash bag pokemon? A Makuhita with an allergic reaction to monochrome?
No. That's Ranculus I believe. I thought it was the trash bag Pokemon at first as well, but I'm pretty sure it was Ranculus' little bear ears.

Also, took me awhile, but I realized the one with Koromori was Darumakka. :D

Who was the one who flew by Pikachu during the water scene? I assumed it was Wargle since all of the pre-release Pokemon were there, but the shape looked odd...maybe it was Hatobo?

I loved it and I think it is cool to have all the pokemon slowly get colored as they are revealed.
Loved the song as well

Haha, when I first watched it, I didn't realise more Pokemon were revealed for each episode. Guess I need to learn how to pay attention xD
Anyway, that makes me understand the point of choosing an opening like that more, and the idea of focusing on just Pokemon isn't so bad in itself, especially as there are so many new Pokemon in BW, but the animation just feels so dull to me. It could do with more colour, more excitement!

No. That's Ranculus I believe. I thought it was the trash bag Pokemon at first as well, but I'm pretty sure it was Ranculus' little bear ears.
Ahh, I can see how it could be.

maybe it was Hatobo?
I believe so, yes.

I'm assuming we'll be seeing all these guys pretty early in the series, especially with them being gradually revealed each week. Mamepato pulling a Starly? Pendora as Jessie's...uhh...'snake'? :p

I actually wondered if Darumakka hanging with Koromori might point to it being James. That would certainly be a neat choice for him.

Mamepato pulling a Starly?
I hope so. Hatobo has some cool hair.

Also, I saw the second version of the OP...I wonder if the Pokemon will just be filled in like that the first time it's updated with a Pokemon, or will the next OP have all the ones from this OP already filled in from the get-go?

Ahh, I can see how it could be.

I believe so, yes.

I'm assuming we'll be seeing all these guys pretty early in the series, especially with them being gradually revealed each week. Mamepato pulling a Starly? Pendora as Jessie's...uhh...'snake'? :p

sorry it's Yabukuron

I checked and the body is far too round to be Rankurusu

I wonder if the opening animation will be more extensive.

What I mean is in BW002 the opening revealed the silhouettes slowly as if they were just being revealed right there (obvious indication they showed up in the previous episode).

While I have no doubt this will continue to happen. I wonder if the already opening slowly revealed Pokemon won't just be already in color from the beginning while only just revealed the episode prior Pokemon will be the only ones "slowly" revealed.

I think the beginning is great! I like the song a lot and overall, the beginning is unique and creative. It's really cool how they reveal more pokemon after they debut in the episode.

The animation is an odd choice, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. When Rica starts singing the 'Yeah-hey-hey-ey' stuff, I then adore the song to bits. Another good opening and it's definitely different to the norm.

It's all right, I guess. Perhaps it's because it just followed The Greatest Everyday that I'm not too thrilled about it. I'm sure it will grow on me soon though.

I actually liked the video game graphics for the opening. The song was nice and the animation wasn't all that bad.

This is all I can make out, some of them were hard, and I probably missed them. Some are obvious since they are revealed but I thought I'd make note of every Pokemon I see.

In order of appearance (the reason I put spaces between some Pokemon is because I wanted to make notes on certain Pokemon):

Minezumi
Baoppu

Yanappu- Hard to figure out since Hiyappu has the same head outline as Yanappu but the tail revealed it was Yanappu. What's weird is Hiyappu doesn't seem to be on here (as far as I could tell). Edit: Hiyappu is seen falling down.

Kibago

Chaobuu- I missed this the first time, and I only noticed it when I checked to see what tail the hanging monkey had.

Shikijika
Zekrom
Reshiram
Chillarmy

Meguroko- This one was extremely hard to figure out (black on black) at first but luckily I knew to look at the monitor at an angle. When I did that I could see a distinctive Megurorko shape.

Yabukuron?- Is my best guess for the eared round Pokemon. Yabukuron makes some sense, and I don't see it as any other Pokemon.

Tabunne- Almost missed Tabunne.

Munna

Hatooboo- Difficult to tell since it could either be it or Kenhorou, but considering we are more likely to see Hatoopoo earlier than Kenhorou, and I made a judgement call I think it is Hatoopoo.

Swanna
Mamanbou

Futachimaru- Very difficult at first since it looked like Pururiru the first time, but when I checked again, Futachimaru was obvious.

Pokabu
Tsutarja
Mijumaru
Ononokusu
Janoby
Koromori
Darumakka
Hihidaruma

At the end (some might of showed when Pikachu fell but it was to hard to tell until they landed: Edit: Hiyappu (was seen falling down, noticed the tail) Pururiru, Musharna, Pendoraa

Again I may have missed some but I think that's a large portion.

The way the Pokémon shadow unveiled look like the way Pokémon are registered to the Pokédex.

I know a lot of you are hatin' on the animation, but I think it's actually pretty neat. It's cool and different. It's weird as an opening, yes, but hey, Ishhu's supposed to be all about change.

My thoughts exactly, actually. My main issue with it was that the song just seemed to stop a bit too suddenly.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom