• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best/Worst Walking Sprites

Worst: Lugia because you can't even see him behind you when you walk in soul silver :( I guess he's too big? but what about wailord?
Best: gengar because hes pretty small and when he runs behind you it looks like he'll jump you any second with that mean glare he has :D

The one that bugs me is that fact that Gyrados is larger in length that Ho-oh according the Pokedex, but Ho-oH apears much larger in the walking sprite. And the diglett/dugtrio walking sprites bug me too.

Tyranitar. Looks good from all angles except from behind. It's the spikes on its back :/ Best... Probably Cyndaquil or Pidgey. Oh and I'm not keen on Typhlosion or Meganium. AND Feraligatr.

Garchomp's overworld sprite has always bugged me, as its arms look really quite awkward in their constantly-stuck-out state; actually, that's the main reason I'm not fond of Reshiram either, come to think of it. On the other hand, Mudkip, Swampert and Heracross have fantastic overworld sprites.

I thought Blastoise looks cool with its Hydro Pump cannons looks like he can blast you away any second

good: diglet/dugtrio very happy with those,steelix i was pritty happy with and snorlax.

bad: onix and ho-oh

Best: Groudon or Feraligatr. I was so excited when I discovered that most ledgendaries had larger sprites.

Worst: I was really disappointed in the size of Arcanine and Gyarados looks super-goofy when facing down. And the head is incredibly disproportionate to the body.

Because the "spikes" are for when they are stationary. Otherwise they are just spheres. Haven't you seen them in the anime?

and haven't you ever seen Pokemon Colosseum, XD, Battle Revolution, Ranch, and/or the Mystery Dungeon games? In all the games thus far, they've had spikes even when they move around (most notably, when they use Tackle in the 3D games, they kinda do this nifty-looking roll). I honestly thought that them having no spikes was an anime-only thing before Heart/Soul came out.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom