• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Beta Reader

Sith Droideka

I! AM NOT! A MORON!
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for requesting beta readers (although I may have missed it) so I have decided to start a new one. Post here if you need a beta reader, and if you are willing to read the beta. Also specify what you will and will not read.

I have a request, to start off: I need a beta reader for Speargun. Preferably someone with experience in dark fics.

I haven't seen a thread for requesting beta readers (although I may have missed it) so I have decided to start a new one. Post here if you need a beta reader, and if you are willing to read the beta. Also specify what you will and will not read.

I have a request, to start off: I need a beta reader for Speargun. Preferably someone with experience in dark fics.

I think there was a thread for Beta Readers somewhere but I haven't seen it around recently.

Anyway, I hope to finish writing Rival's Story in the nearish future and once I am done with it, I'd be happy to beta read Speargun since I know it's something I'll actually be able to keep myself interested in. (Though I'll need to do some catching up since I'm a few chapters behind)

Check out Roots and Two's Company (links in sig) for examples of my dark stuff - they're both one shots.

I think there was a thread for Beta Readers somewhere but I haven't seen it around recently.

Anyway, I hope to finish writing Rival's Story in the nearish future and once I am done with it, I'd be happy to beta read Speargun since I know it's something I'll actually be able to keep myself interested in. (Though I'll need to do some catching up since I'm a few chapters behind)

Check out Roots and Two's Company (links in sig) for examples of my dark stuff - they're both one shots.

Alright. Contact me when you're done. I'll take the chance to read Rival's Story in its entirety and I'll send you a chapter to beta.

I also read and enjoyed your one-shots.

I would be willing to be a beta reader for someone. I'd prefer to be a beta for a fic that's just starting or at least isn't too far in. Obviously, I'm no authority on writing and grammar, but at least I could be an extra pair of eyes.

I'd prefer to do one at a time, so if anyone wants me to take a look at anything, send me a PM and we can discuss it.

@Legacy, would you mind beta reading my new fic, Avatar: The Legend of Naku?

I am more than willing to beta read anything anyone has. I am a formal creative writing student at the University of California, Riverside, and have plenty of experience editing and giving critiques.

Feliciano, can you proofread my chapters for taking flight (I'm always half-asleep when I write), you can read the first four I've already done(and somewhat proofread by myself) in my signature

If somebody wants to beta read Generation, they can. Just be warned though, I might openly question some of the comments you make.

I'm needing someone to beta read my fanfic, A Journey for Victory. It's just re-starting, so I'd be thankful if someone could point out my mistakes. Barely anyone reviews my stories now, so I need to know what to improve.

Er, hi people.

Anyone who needs help can pm me. I'm not the best reviewer but I will definitely try. :D The only warning I must give is that I will probably take forever to get back to you, due to my procrastinating tendencies.

Hi!
I'm not the most experienced writer you'd probably want, but I can beta read for you. I have a knack at catching grammar mistakes, and sometimes when it comes to me, I can give a really useful review.
Genres I prefer: Adventure, Action, Romance, Friendship, Family, and some Fantasy
If you'd like I can read any type of fic, except maybe dark ones.
My only warning, I may not be able to get back to you right away.

EDIT:
I'm needing someone to beta read my fanfic, A Journey for Victory. It's just re-starting, so I'd be thankful if someone could point out my mistakes. Barely anyone reviews my stories now, so I need to know what to improve.
Still need one? I've read it, and I've spotted some mistakes, and it looks interesting. So, I'm open if you want a beta reader.

Last edited:
I'd need a beta reader sooner or later. If anyone is available, let me know. :-D

Hmm... I think that I could use a beta reader, if there's anyone with free time to do it. I tend to write somewhat slowly, so I can assure you that you wouldn't have mountains of crap to wade through. xD Perhaps just a small puddle, not even enough to seep into your socks.

Well... If you're interested, a PM or VM would be nice. I'd be willing, too, to beta your work in return, if you'd like. :D

I'd like a beta reader for my story, Calvin's Adventures in Sinnoh. Preferably someone with an affinity for romance, action, and comedy. I will gladly beta read any story that is romance, action, or comedy.

I could use a beta reader for Zuruggu and the Icy Beast. I've only done chapter 1 so far, so there's plenty of room to improve xD.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom