• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Beta Reader

Yeah, I'll beta-read for anyone that needs it. I'll mostly focus on grammar, spelling, etc., so I guess the genre and whatever else doesn't matter.

PM or VM me to ask, 'cause I barely look back at posts in the forum.

I would like a beta reader for my upcoming fic, Pokemon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl so that we can discuss ideas.

If theres anyone out there that would like to be a beta reader for me
I would be eternally greatful (Does that conjure images of Toy Story or what :D)

I mostly just need help with grammar, but if they would be up for me bouncing a couple ideas of them, that would be good as well

Hello. I'm free to beta read anything. I usually don't get nitpicky with stuff like " 'Hello.' she said" vs. " 'Hello,' she said", but I catch most everything else. 'Everything else' encompasses grammatical errors, 'awks', and general gaps in a story's timeline/consistancy of details. Also, I have no preferences of what I need to read. It can be anything from a dark, somber story to a shipping fanfic. Just PM me with any chapters/episodes you wish for me to beta read, and I'll reply to you within twenty-four hours.

YES, I KNOW THAT I AM DOUBLE POSTING!!!

Okay, now I need another beta reader to read my fanfic about Flannery, the gym leader. Anyone who can help with awks and grammatical errors would be greatly appreciated. It's so stupid that I can't even beta read my own fics.

i am looking for a beta reader! i am in the planning stages of a journey fic, and though i am not really looking for help with grammar or structure or anything i would very much appreciate at least another set of eyes to look over my chapters before i post them. i don't care if you want to help me now or when i actually get started writing.

my only request is that you be 100% cool with same-sex relationships. the main character is bisexual and will end up with another girl at some point.

thank you!

Just so you know, I'm doubling the long vowels

I'm working on a Pokémon fic called Pokémon: New Journeys that will chronicle the complete journey of Zenko and Katai and include self-created regions since I don't like how the anime left Japan without completely exploring it. They might progress from Kantoo to Jooto to Hooenn to Nisari (real life Chuugoku and Shikoku between Jooto and Hooenn) to Tango (real life Kansai and Chuubu bordering Jooto and Nisari; Pokémon preserve) to Echigo (real life Chuubu and Toohoku north of Kantoo and Jooto) to Umari (real life Chuubu and Toohoku to the border with Echigo and Kantoo - the journey there-through, at least) to Sinnoo (Hokkaido including the Oshima peninsula) to Unova. Alternatively, Umari, Echigo, Tango, and Nisari would appear between Sinnoo and Unova.

The beta should expect to see action/adventure, sex involving "minors" - who may or may not be consenting, and, possibly, incest, among other things, in the story. Minors is in quotes because Japan's age of consent is thirteen, which all of the characters will be at or above, for the story's sake. On top of that, I want the person to appraise my writing style to see if it's improved any by comparing it to how I wrote non-Pokémon fic because someone else has called that style boring.

If you're up for it, please contact me by pm or email (tryantsinner(at)gmail(dot)com). If you email me, please identify yourself with your bulbaname.

Last edited:
I would be willing to be a beta reader for someone. I'd prefer to be a beta for a fic that's just starting or at least isn't too far in. Obviously, I'm no authority on writing and grammar, but at least I could be an extra pair of eyes.

I'd prefer to do one at a time, so if anyone wants me to take a look at anything, send me a PM and we can discuss it.

I have just started mine, which is and avatar/pokemon crossover. So I would like a beta reader. I would like someone to discouss things that are happening to the characters and the plot, and their thoughts

I'm looking for a good story writer to beta read my Code Lyoko fan remake fic. If you're interested, please contact me. You have to know about Code Lyoko inside and out to help me.

I need a beta reader for my current fanfic which is an avatar/pokemon crossover. So if anyone is willing to beta read my fanfic, please pm me.

I need a beta reader for my current fanfic. It is a crossover between Pokemon and Sailor Moon. Pleasee let me know if anyone is willing to do this. But you might need to have knowledge of both Pokemon and the Sailor Moon anime. Here is the link
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-negaverse-rising-114352/

I need oen sooner ar later. If so please pm or vm me please.

Last edited:
I could really use a beta reader for "Casting Shadows: Book 1 Oracle of Oblivion". i have a link in my singnature (both the pic and the words). its my first attempt at a more serious pokemon fanfic. right now I know i need to do alot more work on it though.

Last edited:
I find it highly unlikely anyone will respond to this, but ... would anyone be willing to beta read my story, "Essence of Life" ? I really want to improve so I hope someone has some free time for my story. :|

I need someone who like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Sailor Moon to help me with my mash-up Fanfic, My Little Sailor Soldiers: Friendship is Magic. It's basically MLP:FIM with Sailor Moon elements and extra stories added with Nightmare Moon as the antagonist (who else?).

So, any volunteers?

Hey everyone!

I'm here to offer my services as a beta. I've been beta-ing / writing fanfics (on other sites) on and off for the past few years.
I'll read pretty much anything, although if you have a cross over, make sure I know the other anime you're referencing.

Just a few notes:
- I'm in college, which means I'm busy. This also means that my $40k a year classes are more important than your stories. But be patient, and I will get back to you.
- If you want me to read your story, message me. Cause I probably won't be checking back here often / at all.
- You know why I'm a beta instead of a grader? Cause this way I don't have to be nice with my criticism. Betas are supposed to be harder on you than anyone else who will read your stories, so just remember that you asked for my opinions.

I need someone to read a story that I'm currently writing. It's not pokemon themed, and I would rate it T. It's a steampunkish fantasy story, and I'm planning on it being long (so far I have around 20 pages written). Please contact me if you wouldn't mind looking over it and giving me feedback.

I would like to have a beta reader for the story entitled "Diaries of a Pokémon Trainer". It will be aiming for the Everyone rating. Anyone interested in it can apply. I have already done the prologue, and is currently working on Chapter 1. The fic's link is in my signature. Constructive criticism is OK, but keep in mind of the format of the story!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom