• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bewear Appreciation Center

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello! Welcome to the Bewear and Stufful Appreciation Center Thread! I'm your host, MunchlaxKing88! Bewear is a pokemon we all can love, for it's adorable design, hilariously terrifying pokedex entry, (deadly) huggable personality, or something else you can appreciate, like having one on your team. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Some Rules:

1.All Bulbagarden Forum Rules apply.

2. Respect everyone's opinion. You can still have your own opinion but don't be rude when you don't agree with someone.

3. Keep the thread PG rated. (no mild profanity, no inappropriate posts, no lewd jokes, etc.)

4. Don't spread hate. Don't bully people over their opinion.

Hope you enjoy your stay and have fun!

Last edited:
I’ve moved this thread to the General Pokémon Discussion section as it’s a better fit here.

While I personally wasn’t much of a Bewear fan when it was first revealed, I have to admit that seeing Ash misinterpret a wild Bewear’s “waving” as a friendly greeting in the anime before getting angrily pursued was pretty funny, which helped me appreciate this Pokémon more.

Omg, I love the Bewear line! It’s my absolute favorite Fighting type and it’s become my favorite Gen 7 Pokémon, even passing over my also much loved Primarina and Mimikyu.

First off, their design! Both Stufful and Bewear are so cute, especially Stufful! I especially love their ears. They look like a mother's headband or bonnet! You just want so much to hug them but then you get to the lore that Stufful hates to be touched and will punch the daylights out of any stranger that so much as lay a finger on it and Bewear love to hug but they're so unaware of their own strength, some have accidentally killed their trainers (or at least left them with serious injuries). In short, you have teddy bears that can beat you up if you mishandle them. And we all know how popular the Pokemon with dark PokeDex entries are.

Then there's the games! I've caught Stufful in both Moon and Ultra Moon (named Fluffy and Kiteruguma respectively) and I can definitely say they are worthwhile Pokemon to use! They are also absolutely adorable in Pokemon Refresh and have possibly the cutest cry in the entire games.

Both Fluffy and Kiteruguma evolved into powerful Bewear and while their ingame cry isn't as cute as it's pre-evolution's, their strength makes up for it and if you're still disappointed by it's ingame cry, the anime has provided a much cuter yet intimidating (to your eardrums) voice for it.

But what really made Bewear become my favorite Pokemon from Alola is the anime. In the third episode of the series, a wild Bewear decides to take the Team Rocket trio into her den to feed them delicious honey she's made and from that point on pretty much adopts them as her children. This Bewear does everything in her power to take care of them, feeding them the best fruits, berries, and honey she can provide for them, keeping the den a clean, comfortable, and safe place for them to live, defying physics to save them

, letting them build a base within the trunk of the tree, snuggling with them in the grass, comforting them when they're sad or scared, taking in all the weird friends they pick up (from Mareanie to a random secretary they're with), taking care of them when they're hurt or sick, and even taking on and defeating an Ultra Beast in one on one combat because it hurt Jessie and James and broke Meowth's heart, overall being the best parent any of them have ever had (and in Jessie and Meowth's case, the only parental figure they've ever had). Unfortunately, Bewear has the flaw of being very clingy and often comes to take the TRio home unannounced, often ruining things for them like competing in a sports competition or even stopping them from nabbing Pikachu after they won a fair and square battle against Ash.

But what why would a Bewear decide to put so much effort in taking care of these random humans and their taking cat you ask? There were many theories that this Bewear was a mother bear that had lost her own cub/s in tragic circumstances and had taken the TRio in as surrogate children (Think Kala from Tarzan). This theory was confirmed in SM 96 when the TRio met a Stufful during an attempted raid on the Aether Foundation. And
tumblr_pi1hfsbXzr1r8sc3ro3_540.gif

tumblr_pi1hfsbXzr1r8sc3ro2_540.gif

And just like it's mother, is freakishly strong and happy to help it's older siblings.
tumblr_pi2ussna8n1tpvtc4o2_r3_540.gif

tumblr_pi2ussna8n1tpvtc4o3_r1_500.gif

Needless to say but I love these bears so much and I hope to see them in Galar.
Related image

And we all know how popular the Pokemon with dark PokeDex entries are.
cough cough Mimikyu cough cough
That episode with Bewear and Stufful is one of my favorites in the anime of all time. And Bewear became a motorcycle?!
Another thing that makes me love Bewear is my plush:

Hello! Welcome to the Bewear Appreciation Center Thread! I'm your host, MunchlaxKing88! Bewear is a pokemon we all can love, for it's adorable design, hilariously terrifying pokedex entry, (deadly) huggable personality, or something else you can appreciate, like having one on your team. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Some Rules:

1.All Bulbagarden Forum Rules apply.

2. Respect everyone's opinion. You can still have your own opinion but don't be rude when you don't agree with someone.

3. Keep the thread PG rated. (no mild profanity, no inappropriate posts, no lewd jokes, etc.)

4. Don't spread hate. Don't bully people over their opinion.

Hope you enjoy your stay and have fun!
Can you update the title with Stufful?

I don’t love bewear, it’s kinda odd with what it does, but let’s just say it’s a powerful pokemon despite it’s cute and innocent looks.

I remember Bewear's reveal trailer. Everyone thought it'd have more Speed than Tauros (base 110) because the trailer depicted a battle between them on equal levels where Bewear was shown attacking, and folks assumed it was at the start of the turn. I was sceptical and believed the trailer was crafted against Tauros to deliberately get the competitive battlers excited for this new Pokémon, because Tauros-level Speed is fairly good. Maybe they didn't show Tauros's turn, maybe the Bewear in question had invested EVs and a strong IV for Speed, maybe even both.

Come the stat leaks, and it turns out the bear's just base 60, a "no-man's land" area thanks to descriptions of it being too low normally but too high in Trick Room.

Fluffy is a really cool ability though, I have to say. It'd be cool to see this on a Pokémon that resists Fire.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom