• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BGBC Summer Skirmish (A Simulator OU Tournament)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki

Dark Soul
Reaction score
Rockman.EXE, Lord Clowncrete and I have decided to set up a tournament to hopefully gather the interest of competitive battlers here at the Bulbagarden and get some matches going here on the forums. We are hoping for at least 8 sign-ups. The tournament will be OU going by Smogon's tiers. Approved by Angad.

mX
Signups are open and will close on Sunday the 5th of August.

The Format

• The tournament will consist of a group stage and a knock-out stage. That way everybody plays more games.
  • The groups will contain either 4 or 5 players (This may change if we get a strange number of applicants)
  • Players will have two weeks to play everybody in their group. If they do not play, a time will be arranged for them and the winner will be the one who shows up.
  • Group stage matches will be best of two, with a player gaining 3 points for a 2-0 win, 1 point for a 1-1 draw and 0 points for a 0-2 loss.
  • If players are even on points at the end of the group stages, they must play in a best of 3 to decide positions.
  • The top two players from each group will progress to the semi finals with the winner in one group playing second in the next. All other players will be eliminated.
  • All matches afterwards will be best of three, with the loser being eliminated.
  • Players may change theior team between sets. It is encouraged that you do this to prevent your opponent from countering your team.

Battle rules​
  • Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • All Pokemon that Smogon list as UBER are banned in addition to Drizzle and Swift Swmin. Go to Smogon and see their 'Ban List' for further details.
  • Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.
  • Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
  • OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set
  • Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.

Prizes
  • The winner will receive the choice of either the Wish Maker Jirachi event or the Keldeo event courtesy of Jacel's generosity.
  • The winner will also receive a champion banner and an elusive place in the new to come Hall of Fame.
  • The runner up will receive a second place banner.

Matches may be conducted on any server as long as both participants agree, but both players should PM "Takaki" on the Bulbagarden Forums with the result of the battle to avoid confusion. All games must be played on Pokemon Online.

Post 'in' to participate.If you have any questions about the tournament, PM Clown Concrete.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I guess I'll join. It's been so long since I've even used an OU team, though.

Sure thing, I haven't been involved in the metagame for months though. =P

I sincerely hope this is for PO or PS. If so, I'm definitely in.

It is for Pokemon Online. The groups will be released on Sunday the 5th of August. Sign-ups are still open.

The winner would be the first person to go into the newly proposed hall of fame thread. I am also arranging for a victory banner to be made that the champion can have in his signature. In terms of DS cartridge prizes, I can't offer any Pokemon myself, unless anybody is willing to put up a prize that they are willing to trade.

I would offer up my Wishmaker Jirachi(That is Legit) Or something else if someone is looking for something specific. I have a legit Keldeo event as well.

That would be extremely generous if you were to offer them off, though your obviously not obliged to and should keep them if you like them.

That would be extremely generous if you were to offer them off, though your obviously not obliged to and should keep them if you like them.

No worries. I believe my little brother has my other Wish Maker Jirachi so I always have one. I will offer them both up and the winner May Choose which one they would like.

Well ok whatever you guys want and decide on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom