• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 5/20/13 ✦ The End Hath Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

are we really fucking doing this again?
come on guys, we all know it is possible to get something out of day one. let's not be stupid

vote: No lynch for now

come on guys, we all know it is possible to get something out of day one. let's not be stupid

vote: No lynch for now
No matter what, someone's going to do it. Day one is the one phase people can get away with goofing off. Quite honestly, even though I rarely vote randomly, I love seeing everyone enjoy themselves in this phase. :) The surprise result of day one is fun too.

I'm going to hold my vote until later in this phase.

I must say the reason we random vote is because something interesting could come up.

For example:

Unvote: Buoy
Vote: Spectrum Achromatic

@Spectrum Achromatic;

You now have a majority of votes. What say you in your defense?

vote: No lynch, well a day one lynch could yield a positive result.
But it is really unlikely that we get a mafia on the first day.

@GliscorMan; So you're voting me for having voted someone as a joke vote?

No, I'm voting you to ask why we shouldn't vote you. I didn't come to discuss my lack of logic, I came to discuss if you're Mafia or not. So, are you?
hmmm...da fuck did i just read. I mean, can't the say be said towards you? How come we can't discuss your lack of logic?

@GliscorMan; So you're voting me for having voted someone as a joke vote?

No, I'm voting you to ask why we shouldn't vote you. I didn't come to discuss my lack of logic, I came to discuss if you're Mafia or not. So, are you?
hmmm...da fuck did i just read. I mean, can't the say be said towards you? How come we can't discuss your lack of logic?

Because I'm the one actually trying to be productive here. I accused Spec not necessarily because I find him scum, but to see what reads I can get off of him. Those reads will let me determine if he's scum or not. Best way to get reads is to threaten him with a D1 lynch.

If by getting something out of day 1 you mean let's play follow-the-leader by doing a massclaim before the first night starts again, then yes, it's certainly possible to get something out of day 1. Wether it's a fun way to play the game is the question.

Proverbs 1:1-5 said:
The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
For learning what wisdom and discipline are;
for understanding insightful sayings;
for receiving wise instruction
in righteousness, justice, and integrity;
for teaching shrewdness to the inexperienced,
knowledge and discretion to a young man-
a wise man will listen and increase his learning,
and a discerning man will obtain guidance

Votecount 1.1 said:
Spectrum Achromatic: 2 (Buoy, GliscorMan)
Flame_: 1 (Spectrum Achromatic)
GliscorMan: 1 (Pokémad)

No Lynch: 2 (Foulcandy, mariowie)

Not Voting:
Flame_
Paperhorse
Mijzelffan
Vesna
Momoka
FinalArcadia
Akuraito
Yatagarasu
Nepeta Leijon
Fushimi
harryheart
Mutie
Pokemaster97
Amphituber
Druddigon
GengarWithSunglasses

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Last edited:

Ummm... I'm not sure. Vote: GengarWithSunglasses? Joking.

Vote: No Lynch

I used to believe that first day lynches were good, but I remember in my first mafia game or something, we lynched the doctor first day so I think we should see who the mafia kills first to eliminate some options. The problem is that the mafia will pretty much get a free kill. It's better than having 2 townies die though. Honestly though, I haven't played a mafia in a long time so I'm probably forgetting about some really crucial detail, so please excuse me if I made a really stupid move by voting no lynch.

Voting no lynch won't get us anywhere right now unless we discuss stuff first. If we go for no lynch then we give the mafia a free night kill and get no information from it. Cautiousness is good but rushing the end of the phase won't do any good yet I see a lot of no lynches being voted.

If everyone was just to vote no lynch, though, there wouldn't be much to go off of in analyzing the potential motives behind a night kill. So we'd pretty much be right back to where we started today, which is nowhere. Getting some votes out at least generates some posts and activity to work with.

VOTE: Pokemad

for voting Buoy for voting Spec for voting Flame.
Implying that voting Flame_ is definitely bad from that chain? Kind of an odd joke vote, if that's what it is.

@Pokémad
What is your opinion on the debate between Day 1 lynches and no-lynches right now?

If everyone was just to vote no lynch, though, there wouldn't be much to go off of in analyzing the potential motives behind a night kill. So we'd pretty much be right back to where we started today, which is nowhere. Getting some votes out at least generates some posts and activity to work with.

VOTE: Pokemad

for voting Buoy for voting Spec for voting Flame.
Implying that voting Flame_ is definitely bad from that chain? Kind of an odd joke vote, if that's what it is.

@Pokémad
What is your opinion on the debate between Day 1 lynches and no-lynches right now?

We have to try and vote for someone, because if we No Lynch, the mafia will get a free kill, and we have nothing to work on. At least if we vote for people we can get some information out of it. I honestly think that we should vote someone to get some information, and if we lynch a mafia, it's a bonus.

True, even though we have a greater chance of lynching a townie, there's also a chance of lynching a mafioso and we get more information. It would really be a hindrance to have day 2 be just like day 1 with no information. I honestly don't know where I stand in this dispute. I guess I'll keep my vote as no lynch though until later. How many votes are there so far?

The best way to go about it is to pressure a reaction from someone which will then gain reactions out of others so for now

VOTE: Foulcandy she was first to vote no lynch and yelled at others pretty much for random voting.

This phase has only one requirement to end if I remember correctly and that is 12 votes on one person... ( correct me if I'm wrong @Master Mew; )

And I was just wondering what sort of characters may well be used as Mafia:

- Satan/The Devil
- Judas
- The Pharisees

But I'm not sure how that may actually play out in the way they behave or what features their characters may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom