• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Contest Bidoof vs. Rattata

Bidoof or Rattata?

• Total voters
back to the start
Reaction score
Rattata, by a long shot. Mainly because its evolved form is downright terrifying to encounter in the wild. Bidoof... good lord.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I like Bidoof because it gets Super Power. I'll go with him.

Prince of the Red Book
Reaction score
Who do you like more?

Ratatta thanks to F.E.A.R. But I do give Bidoof props because of PMD2. I felt kind of bad for it in Bidoof's Wish.

Who has the better design?

Ratatta.

Who would win in a battle?

Bidoof if it had its DW ability. Ratatta otherwise.

Soy

Blinded by nostalga
Reaction score
Who do you like more?

Rattata. TOP PERCENTAGE!

Rattata Also TOP PERCENTAGE.

Rattata has guts. Quite simply really. Rattata.

This isn't the end...
Reaction score
Bidoof, definitely Bidoof. I just adore the little derp. Rattata is just "meh" for me.

Reaction score
I'll ignore FEAR cheesing for this argument.

Who do you like more?
Probably Bidoof. It's a great HM Slave so I'm impartial for that reason

I'll say draw right at this moment. I don't particularly like either (although I do prefer Bibarel to Raticate).

Rattata's speed and attack edge, could give it an advantage, so I'll calculate.

Rattata's superpower never 1hitkos Bidoof without some stat modifiers (220 average, 240 Max. Bidoof's HP is a surprising 322). HOWEVER, When considering Hustle, the average damage is 328, still a bit close with 80% accuracy. The simple problem here is Bidoof has nothing to counter in this battle, and thus really would get KOed by this method in 8/10 turns.
Winner: Rattata

I guess I'll just pick Bidoof, simply because I prefer Bibarel. I can't think of any other way.

MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr!
Reaction score
Rattata has the better design... that's all I can say, and all I did say.

Bidoof would probably win though.

But, everyone here must read Bidoof's BW Pokedex entry. It totally trolls this polling question.

Former Slythe
Reaction score
I love the goofy look on Bidoof, so I'm voting for him.

Fuck you Joey and your Top Percentage.

remember me
Reaction score
Rattata. Bidoof is in every respect a Rattata clone. Plus, Raticate is actually somewhat cool/useful, unlike Bibarel.

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Even with FEAR, Rattata can't win. All Bidoof has to do is use Super Fang. That would break the sash and the incoming endeavor would leave it with too much HP for a single Quick Attack to KO. Then Bidoof can just KO with a strong move.

Reaction score
Bidoof evloves into something with another type, more moves STAB, and I like beavers more than rats.

Last edited: