• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Big big spoiler questions about a big big spoiler character (massive endgame spoilers)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the professor's AI. They say they can't leave the lab but someone had to have moved the professor's body out of station four, yeah? And how do they intend to survive in the past/future if they can't stray from that location?

I've seen people theorize a few things:
--It was a lie and they know they'll die once they reach their destination
--The tera crystals that embed into them in the last battle will keep them alive
--they meant that they can't leave Area Zero, not the lab, and only couldn't get the locks because they were locked into the lab
Frankly these all seem pretty likely/feasible, though if tera crystals could do that then surely either the professor or the AI would have tested that a long time ago.

Also, when was the AI created? And when did the real professor die? I got the feeling it had been some time ago, but the legendary doesn't break out of Area Zero until right before the game takes place.

How much of the professor was really left? It seemed during the last fight like the "real one" was fighting the AI for control, and I'm not sure if they intended to have a LITERAL ghost in the machine or just a figurative one. Was the professor really evil or was that just how the Paradise Protocol interpreted them? I know the journals depict someone who was losing their got-dang mind out of desperation for answers (Pokemon seems to be big on that lately, don't they?) but was that desperation really enough to no longer care about what happened to the rest of Paldea and the world, a la Lusamine?

I got a plot bunny to write about Turo's death from the AI's perspective but it requires the AI to be present in station four. Would this be possible? Or do you think a scene with them together would only be possible if Turo was able to stagger back to the lab before dying?

Yeah so this entire post was a spoiler take care

I would suspect a later update/DLC may provide more details into what happened with Sada/Turo. Station Four showed no signs of a body that would've laid there for at most a decade, so I would suspect the AI could roam Area Zero (or at least the Stations, given the warp pads) and have the professor buried/cremated in secret.

The AI Sada/Turo didn't want to wreck Paldea's ecosystem with the Paradox Pokémon but knew the only way to shut down the Paradise Protocol for good was for them to time travel. They were willing to sacrifice themself for Paldea and to make amends; AI Turo might survive as the future could have the technology to repair him. No such luck for AI Sada, though.

Well that's another question too, when exactly did
the professor die? The game implies that it was shortly before the legendary left Area Zero, which would have been at the very beginning of the game. But the lab looks like it hasn't been used in ages, far more time than would have elapsed in our journey.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom