• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Biggest fail moment so far?

So far... probably getting owned by Morty, with the only useful stuff I have being a Doduo with Pursuit and Peck, a Meowth with Bite, a Flaaffy that, at lvl 21, is within OHKO range from Shadow Ball, a Quilava that can only survive 2 turns to the same, and 2 slaves...

Either that or accidentally letting my Magikarp get to lvl 24 in the Day Care. Hopefully next time I won't overshoot...

Well, I might as well reveal that a Team Rocket Grunt's Zubat flinched my Geodude to death with Astonish

^You think that's bad

Yesterday I found my way through Cerulean Cave got to Mewtwo did the whole lower it's health thing and put it to sleep&paralyzed it tossed about 15-20+ Ultra balls at it then it had to go right when it's health was just about at 0 go and use this Struggle :(

I chose Chikorita.

DAMNIT. SO GOOD. SO GOOD. I on the other hand chose Cyndaquil, and haven't SEEN a Chikorita.

My fail: I needed to transfer my Darkrai with Spacial Rend and Roar of TIme over from Platinum to beat Lance.

And guys: having Entei and Raikou flee, or use roar, is not a fail. Do not feel bad. This is life. Cruel, sick, stupid life.

You won't see one for quite a while, but it will appear in Battle Frontier.

Why did they make the starter types so imbalanced? Water and Fire both are something like 4 types Super, 4 types Ineffective. Grass is something like super on 3 and ineffective on 7.

I was battling Morty and when he sent out his Gengar, I switched in Eevee so I could lower his accuracy with sand-attack. None of his moves worked against me except hypnosis and mean look (with Eevee being normal type) and the only move I needed was sand-attack. He also couldn't use sucker punch because I wasn't using any offensive moves. It was working perfectly. If he put Eevee to sleep I'd just wait until he woke up and used sand-attack again. After I got his accuracy down quite a bit I'd just swap my pokemon.
But then Gengar used mean look so I couldn't switch Eevee out. The battle ended up with none of my moves working (except for sand-attack) and none of his moves were working (except hypnosis.) and of course, Morty wasn't going to switch his pokemon any time soon.

...I had to restart the DS. >_<

And guys: having Entei and Raikou flee, or use roar, is not a fail. Do not feel bad. This is life. Cruel, sick, stupid life.
I feel it should qualify if one has been taking precautions to prevent one or the other, and it still happens.

I encountered Entei!
WHILE SURFING.

Also, Misty and her idiot trainers do not know the meaning of Water Absorb.
Thank you Misty, for giving my Lapras free HP! Go on, use Water Pulse again bitch!

I made it through Mt. Silver in record time, and found Red. I saved and challenged him just to see how I would fare. His first Pokemon? Level 88 Pikachu. Volt Tackle sweep ensues. I send out Lapras just to be smart and kill it through Volt Tackle recoil, and IT USES THUNDERBOLT GODDAMMIT.
Needless to say, I won't be challenging that asshole again until my team is in the 70's at least.

I caught both Entei and Raikou while surfing...

I failed hard when battling Karens Umbereon, first I made it sleep whit Togetics Yawn, then I switched to Entei, and started to spam Flash (I learned it so I could capture Lugia), Umereon soon wake up, but it just continued to spam Double Team, a Confuse Ray now and then and a Payback, I swaggered it since it thought the last move would be Dark Pulse or something like that, then after 6 Flashes and 3 Swaggers it snapped out of confusion and used Faint Attack, it swept my entire team :(

Last edited:
My biggest fails have come against Bruno's Hariyama. I use my Nidoking against it since Xatu gets owned by Payback and well, Hariyama had maybe 8 hp left after getting pummeled by Poison Jab numerous times (he was poisoned) but the whole time, he had been using bulk up and he low kicked my nidoking and killed it in one hit. then it died from poison. this is just one of the frustrating moments against Hariyama.

New fail, My second battle against Lance lasted a VERY long time due to his damn Dragonite. They just wouldn't die, they were faster than EVERY one of my pokemon and their attacks were ridiculously powerful. I think it was five turns in a row, both my pokemon and his wouldn't move due to paralysis and we were fighting the battle of the Full Restore where on his last pokemon, he wouldn't stop using full restores. The elite 4 may have the lowest levels of any elite four first time round but they definitely have the smartest AI as the other ones are extremely dumb.

I feel it should qualify if one has been taking precautions to prevent one or the other, and it still happens.

This might be my actual fail, but do any pokemon have a Roar prevention that also learns an escape blocker?

Oh, Karen's Umbreon. I hate that bitch. But then Ampharos learned Signal Beam (cause I ain't keeping any bugs on my squad, no sir), and violent defeat ensued.

Well, if you have a Pokemon that has Mean Look and Hypnosis...

Hypnosis doesn't do me any good, because both my roaming Entei and Raikou are already paralyzed. I prefer my Snorlax with Block when roamer hunting, because there's a poetic justice to the big slow guy bringing down the runners.

My biggest fail would probably be trying to get rematches for gym leaders, going to their areas at the right times only to notice that they aren't there. I did this for 2 weeks or so and started to get angry, until I noticed that for some reason my clock was set a day in advanced. So I'd try to find a gym leader who appeared on Tuesday when my game thought it was Wednesday. T.T This also applies to bug catching contests and other in game events. I felt like such an idiot xD

Biggest fail moment was me getting owned by bugsy with his dam U-Turn!

This. And Lugia's fail: he let himself get caught with a Pokeball. No kidding. The other fail is having beat the E4 and uhh... not even having the bike yet.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom